Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Living in Faith

I have an older hymnal from 1954
and it has quite a few songs in it that I've never heard of.
I like to read the words and play the songs on the piano - it's relaxing and uplifting.



This morning I was reading a hymn by James Wells called 
Living by Faith.
The chorus nestled into my heart
and reminded me that it's a sweet joy to live by faith. . .

"Living by faith, in Jesus above, trusting, confiding in His great love; 
from all harm safe in His sheltering arm, 
I'm living by faith and feel no alarm."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so true. If we are living by faith we should fear and feel no harm. We are sheltered in His great arm. Joy to you!

LadyD said...

I am always struck by the depth of meaning and richness of language found in the old hymns. I love modern Christian music, when comes down to sound music, I prefer them because I find the music richer, more varied in tone than some of the hymns. But when it comes to content, the simple words don't have the gravity of hymns steeped in scripture and story.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...