Saturday, September 29, 2012

For The Beauty Of The Earth

I have had the song 'For The Beauty Of The Earth'
going around in my head for the last week.
The lyrics are constantly reminding me of God's beautiful creation
and the blessings of life, family, and friends.
The words in this song direct our "grateful praise" to God Himself,
the Giver of every good and perfect gift.

"I will praise thee, O LORD, with my whole heart;
I will show forth all thy marvelous works."
- Psalm 9:1 -


For The Beauty Of The Earth

For the beauty of the earth, for the glory of the skies,
for the love which from our birth over and around us lies:
Christ our God, to Thee we raise this or hymn of grateful praise.
For the joy of human love, brother, sister, parent, child,
friends on earth and friends above, for all gentle thoughts and mild:
Christ our Lord, to Thee we raise this our hymn of grateful praise.
For Thy Church that evermore lifteth holy hands above,
off'ring up on ev'ry shore her pure sacrifice of love:
Christ our Lord, to Thee we raise this our hymn of grateful praise.
Written by
Folliott Sandford Pierpoint

"I will praise the name of God with a song,
and will magnify him with thanksgiving."
- Psalm 69:30 -


 Have a wonderful weekend!

5 comments:

Sherri B. said...

The old hymns say it the best..Sometimes I wish we would sing them a bit more often.

Thank you for sharing these beautiful words! xo

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hello Stephanie,
What a beautiful post! Your photos are really lovely and I love reading scripture on blogs. Thanks so much for visiting and have a lovely weekend.

Blessings,
Sandi

Sandra said...

I also love the words of this hymn and they come to mind frequently. So many hymns have beautiful lyrics that touch the heart.

Have a wonderful weekend Stephanie!

Hope said...

Lovely - how blessed we are that we have so much to give thanks for God for.

Happy Weekend to you!

:)Hope

Debbie said...

Hello Stephanie!
"I will praise the Lord with my whole heart." I love that verse, and it is my hearts desire as I walk this life with my Savior. As I write this I am enjoying your beautiful music, so touching to the heart. I just love coming to my sweet daughters blog!
Thank you for touching my heart with your beauty in so many ways.
Love & Blessings

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...