Friday, September 07, 2012

Lemon Cake Cookies

These cookies are a favorite at our household.
My husband, son and I can easily devour these yummy treats in record time.
You probably have the needed ingredients in your kitchen
so why not bake up a batch for the weekend and enjoy.

Ingredients Needed:
  • 1 (18.25 ounce) white cake mix
  • 1/3 cup vegetable oil
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract (if you aren't a fan of lemon then use almond extract - it's just as delicious)
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Pour cake mix into a large bowl. Stir in oil, eggs, lemon extract and vanilla extract until well blended. Drop teaspoonfuls of dough into a bowl of confectioners' sugar and roll them around until they're lightly covered. Once sugared, place on ungreased cookie sheet.
Bake for 6 - 9 minutes in preheated oven. The bottoms will be lightly brown and the insides will be nice and chewy.
I usually get about 3 dozen cookies.
Linking up with:

5 comments:

Debbie Harris said...

Yes, these are yummy cookies! Bake and enjoy!

Sherri B. said...

I haven't seen these in years. My grandmother and great aunt Ella, would make a variety of yummy cookies from cake mixes..Thanks so much for sharing!

Thanks for stopping by my place and following..I am following you now also...See you soon! xo

becktovintage said...

Ooo Oooo I am here, in your very beautiful blog..:)))
Nice to meet you very much. And thank you for visiting my blog.. Your welcome..:))
I immediately add your blog into my favorite logs and I will recommend your beautiful blog to my friends..:))
Happy Weekend..:)))

Stephanie said...

Thank you for visiting and adding me to your favorite blogs...you are very kind!

Blessings to you,
Stephanie

Niki O'Reilly said...

Another winner, Stephanie. I love these recipes that are yummy AND quick and easy. My husband has started trying a little baking and I think he will have fun with this one. Have a lovely day.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...