Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Rustic Fall Mobile

My son and I took a nice walk today
and gathered some leaves and pinecones for a fun school project.
We ended up making a mobile that looks great hanging outside.


This is a great project for kids since you can take them on a nice, Fall walk.
And the best part is that you get to gather beautiful things from nature :)

Items Needed:
wood - about 3 feet long
2 round sticks - about 2 feet long
yarn
paint
paintbrush
pushpins
hole-punch
leaves
pinecones

Have your sweetie write on the wood.


Punch a hole through the leaf and tie on some yarn.


Line up the leaves and pinecones the way you want them
and use the push-pins to hold the string.


And enjoy your Fall mobile and the memories you made with your precious child :)





Our Rosie loves it.



Happy Crafting and Memory Making!

Linking up with:


16 comments:

Teri said...

Such a sweet time of making memories and a charming way of feathering your nest! Simple Blessings ♥ Teri

WTFab said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting, I'd love to follow each other! Following you now with GFC.

www.w-t-fab.com

Kathy Moody said...

Oh, how cute! I love it, and you made awesome memories, too. Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I am so glad you did! Glad I found your great blog. Your newest follower. :)

Debbie said...

How sweet! Such fun and good times making memories. Pa and I loved this! Blessings!

Yael at Home Garden Diggers said...

A very cute craft. I love the kitten.

Yael from Home Garden Diggers

Dieneke said...

Thank you for following my blog.
I follow your blog too. Tomorrow I have more time to read your posts.
Blessings from Holland, Dieneke

Kate M said...

What a sweet way to make memories and memorabilia!! It's a great idea - I would never have thought of using leaves - I have used pinecones. Really rustic - super!!
Kate
xx

Sylvia said...

How nice and simple to make. I love your kitty rubbing it's head on it. I may have to make this!

Delvalina said...

Say hi to Rossie!!!! :D
big kiss and hug from Indonesia ♥

Salmagundi said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog to introduce yourself as another blessed Coloradoan. It is beautiful here especially now!!! I enjoyed perusing your blog -- you are very talented with your sewing machine!! Sally

Sherri B. said...

Such a good lesson for the children to use what is at hand and that art is all around us. xo

Michelle's Tasty Creations said...

Super cute! Wonderful memories making crafts with the kids :) Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share next week. Have a great weekend.
Michelle

Dawn said...

I had to work today so I took some of my residents for a walk and we gathered leaves and pinecones. We will make this on Monday! Thanks for the great idea!

Hope said...

This, I imagine, will be a happy memory of fall for your son in years to come. The joy of little details last a long time.

:) Hope

Jann Olson said...

What a fun idea and the crating time spent with your son is something he will always cherish. Kitty seems to be intrigued with the new Fall decor also. Thanks for sharing with SYC.
Hugs,
Jann

Ewa said...

I think I have some wood behind my shed, so that could be my next project :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...