Thursday, October 25, 2012

Charming Fall Purse

I decided to make a couple of Fall purses
and I once again used t-shirts to make the flowers
and added some embellishments in the middle.




Click on this link:
t-shirt flowers
for the tutorial.

For this purse you will need:
fabric for the purse and for a lining
sewing machine
thread
scissors
tape measure
t-shirt fabric
embellishments
hot glue gun and glue

Cut 2 squares that are 10-inches wide and 12-inches long.
Cut two more squares with this measurement for your lining.
You will need to measure how long you want your strap.
Mine was 4-inches wide and 53-inches long
because I wanted it to go over my shoulder and chest.


With right sides together,
fold your strap in half and use a 1/4 inch seam allowance
to sew along the edge.
Don't sew the ends, just the side!


Pull your strap through the end opening
so that the right side of the fabric is showing.


Almost there!
This is a somewhat tedious task :)


Now iron the strap and make sure the seam is in the middle on the backside.


Pin your two purse squares right sides together.
Sew along the side edges and bottom edge with a 1/4-inch seam allowance.
Do not sew the top closed!
Repeat this process with the lining.


Fold over the top part of the pures about 3/4 of an inch.
Fold over the top of the lining as well.


Turn your purse right side out
and place the lining into the purse.


Pin together, but leave an opening on each side for your strap to go in.
Now place the ends of your strap in between the purse and the lining.
Make sure you have the ends of the strap lined up on the side.
The ends of my strap went in about 2 inches.




Sew along the top using a 1/4-inch seam allowance.


Then sew along the very edge of the top.
And this is what it will look like.


Now apply your flowers and embellishments with hot glue.


And this is the other purse that I made.
Bright and cheerful.




Linking up with:

20 comments:

Debbie said...

Another great craft!!! So very cute that purse is! I like the Fall one even though my colors are not Fall colors.
I have enjoyed coming on each day to see what you have had for us, thank you!

Have a blessed day!

Makeiteasycrafts.blogspot.com said...

What a cute purse! One of these days I will pull my sewing machine out and make one.

Sarajan (Jan to friends!) said...

The bag is awesome! LOVE the Fall colors. You always provide the best picture tutorials, so easy to understand. When we get home, I'm making this bag for my teenage granddaughter! -- jan

Darcie (My Modern Country) said...

I L.O.V.E this! It's absolutely darling...I'm going asap to check out the tutorial on the flowers. I have a confession...I'm a crafter wanna-be! And after seeing this, I am determined to make it :)

Hope said...

Hello Stephanie,

Wow...you are always so productive!
What do you do with all these wonderful things you have made? Are they Christmas gifts?

:) Hope

Anne Payne said...

These purses are so cute! Thanks so much for sharing your tutorial. My daughter has been making the two of us hobo bags and I know she will appreciate a new pattern.

Christie said...

Love them! I wish I was crafty and creative, but the Lord didn't give me that talent! :)

Thanks for linking up with the "Almost Friday" blog hop and for following the blog..I'm your newest follower, too!

Christie
http://satisfactionthroughchrist.blogspot.com

Julie Marie@Idyllhours said...

Those are just beautiful Stephanie!... wish I was a better seamstress... xoxo Julie Marie

Kate M said...

Two more fabulous makes - beautiful!!
Kate
xx

Hope said...

Hello again,

No, I did not make that dress (Vintage Dress ~ Retro Me). I am actually wearing my vintage dress over a plaid skirt, so it may appear that the plaid fabric is part of the dress, which probably makes it look homemade. Someone else asked me about that.

:) Hope

Lauren Davenport said...

I love your craft projects! You have great taste.

Sylvia said...

Wow! These are just great! The tutorial even makes the process sound easy.
Thank you for visiting my blog!
Enjoy a beautiful season!

Hope said...

Hello again Stephanie,

I am having another Friday’s Photo File linkup. If you care to, I would be pleased to have you would join me. Linkup begins tomorrow morning at 1:00 a.m.
I hope to see you there!

:) Hope

Mariel Collins said...

i really need to start sewing. This looks beautiful!

Mikaila said...

Hi Stephanie,

Thank you for visiting my blog alittlebitofcraft.blogspot.com and good luck with the jewelry giveaway!

Mikaila

Mara said...

Those purses you made are quite adorable, and the floral embellishments really give the purses that special touch. I think I could almost make this project, absent the flowers, of course. :)

Blessings to you!

Crystelle Boutique said...

What a fun bag! LOVE the flowers....

Happy Halloween!
hugs ~ Crystelle
http://www.crystelleboutique.com/

Steph @ Crafting in the Rain said...

Really cute! I love the flowers!

Ana Lopes said...

So cute!!! Love the purple one and the flowers! Thanks so much for sharing the great tutorial!
Happy week!

Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

Super cute AND super simple! I love it! Thank you for the pattern. -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...