Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Coffee Hair

Brew yourself some coffee to drink AND to pour on your hair.


Yes, you read that correctly, I wrote that you can pour coffee on your hair.


Okay, this is only good for us dark-haired people.
If you have lighter hair then I would suggest NOT using coffee on your hair.
Using coffee is a natural and safe way to add intensity to your hair
by bringing out natural highlights and deepening you hair color.
It lasts about a week so you can reapply whenever you desire.

Get your coffee. . .

Dark roasts provide a more noticeable color difference
and the longer or thicker your hair is, the more coffee you'll need (probably 2 -3 cups).
Wear an old shirt and have clean hair before you begin.
Pour the coffee all over your hair (I usually lean over the tub when I do this),
or I spray it on with a spray bottle.
Then, gently squeeze out the extra coffee and pat with an old rag or towel.
Run a comb through your hair several times.
You can either style your hair with the coffee in (don't worry, the coffee won't hurt your hair)
or you can put a shower cap over your hair and let it sit for 30 minutes to an hour
and then rinse out with water - don't shampoo.

I have done this many times and I love it.
It also gives my hair a nice shine.

14 comments:

Delvalina said...

OMG!!!! I feel like this post for me :) I used to with coconut water, it will keep my hair black and shiny too, but I would love to try this...
but are you dark- haired tooo?!?!? :O

My fave hair ever is long, black and shiny!!!and I love taking care of my hair

Love,

Sherri B. said...

Now that is very interesting! I have blond hair (only my hairdresser knows for sure) so won't be trying this, but I can visualize how it would work and last for awhile...think, coffee spilled on white shirt! Great tip! xo

mary_smith said...

THIS is incredible! I've never tried coffee. Who knew?

Hope said...

All that black coffee I dump from my husband's thermos could be saved and put on my hair!

I will have to try this. Thanks!

♥Hope

bj said...

hmmm, since my hair is silver, best stay away from coffee...right? Yep...
I'll just DRINK mine. :))

Lauren Davenport said...

This sounds so weird - totally something I would do!! Can't wait to try it, thanks for sharing!

Hope said...

Stephanie,

I was looking over your sidebar with the lovely pictures and Bible verses, I would like to do something similar. It is so precious!

♥Hope

**CREATIVE CARMELINA** said...

I just might have to try this out on my dark brown hair!
Thanks!




Now following you back.
Ciao Bella
Creative Carmelina

momstheword said...

So glad you popped by! Thank you for the follow and I am following you back. I'm thinking I'm going to love your blog!

This coffee thing fascinates me and I'd love to try it. However, my hair is a lighter brown so I suppose it would be a bad idea. I may just try it anyway since it washes out, lol!

Since you, too, know my Savior that makes us sisters in Christ! Hey, sis!

Dawn said...

What an awesome tip! I have been wanting to add some lustre to my "natural" black hair, lol! I will definitely be giving this a try ... I will let you know the results!

Kaye Swain - SandwichINK for Grandparents and Caregivers said...

What a clever idea. :) Currently I use rinse-out hair color - not to change the color, tho that is a nice side effect. But to "damage" my hair mildly which actually makes it work better in between hair appointments. But someday, when it can't handle that any more, I'll have to give this a try. And wouldn't my grandkids have fun watching me :) Thank you :)

debra said...

ha ha this reminds me of being young and we tried mayo on our hair. It does work but one tends to smell like a salad! :)

Connie said...

Very interesting, love these kind of tips. Thanks for the link up :)

Michelle's Tasty Creations said...

Awesome idea! Thanks for sharing at Creative Thursday :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...