Tuesday, October 23, 2012

DIY - Flower Scarf

I know I have already mentioned that I love scarves :)
So......
I decided to make another one to add to my growing collection.

 
Items Needed:
fabric - 24 inches X 24 inches
(I used a silk fabric, but you can use anything)
thread
sewing machine
scissors
pins
hot glue or fabric glue
Are you ready?

For the flowers click on this link:
and it will give you the tutorial on how to make them.
For this scarf I used strips that were about 10 inches in length and 2 inches wide.
And I used 13 flowers on the scarf.

Cut your fabric into a 24 inch X 24 inch square.
Decide where you want your flowers on the scarf
and tack down the edges of the flowers with thread.
Don't forget to give yourself room for a 1/4 inch seam allowance.
A helpful little tip....
I made a scarf and hot glued the flowers on.
I know that's not the "proper" way of doing things,
but I wanted to see how it would turn out
and it turned out fine - you can't even tell the flowers have been hot glued.
Fold fabric into a triangle (right sides together) and pin closed.
Sew along the edges with a 1/4 inch seam allowance
and leave an opening about 1 1/2 inches in length.

The opening is so you can pull your scarf through to the right side of the fabric.
Once you do that, sew closed the opening.
 And you now have a beautiful scarf.

 Dress your scarf up.
 Or wear it casually.

Have fun, my friends!

Linking up with:

19 comments:

Heather Kaluf said...

love this scarf! so pretty!

Sylvia said...

love the roses on it, very pretty.

Hope said...

I love your scarf, Stephanie. It looks so great with both of these outfits. very lovely and such a pretty color ~

:) Hope

Debbie said...

Ohhh Stephanie!! How very beautiful! All I can say is absolutly BEAUTIFUL!!!
And my "Missy Rose" is in the picture. She is growing up.

Thank you for the post to start my day!

Love & Blessings!

Ana Lopes said...

Hi Stephanie, So charming and romantic your scarf! Love it so much!So lovely!!! Love the color. Thanks so much for sharing! I'd love for you to visit my blog.
Happy week!

Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Julie Marie@Idyllhours said...

That is soo pretty!... I especially love it with your denim jacket!... xoxo Julie Marie

Tonna @ Navy Wifey Peters said...

Thanks for linking up at Submarine Sunday! I love the color of this scarf!

T'onna

Lauren Davenport said...

What a lovely scarf. I need to make one of these, I love scarves!

janice15 said...

Stephanie, it's just beautiful, I love the roses...I hope that your having a great day...thank you so much for visiting...with love Janice

jeanetteann said...

My how beautiful. You look gorgeous in it. The colour is so rich. x

Judith said...

That is such a lovely scarf!! I love scarfs and have several of them.

Chenille Cottage said...

You look so pretty with your beautiful handmade scarf! What a lovely creation.
Blessings, my sweet friend,
Carolynn

Lottie Lee said...

Move over Martha Stewart! Oh my gosh I am IN LOVE with this scarf! What an absolutely stunning fashion accessory! I'm so desperate to try these :) I think they would make a WONDERFUL gift- I promise if I try to make these I'll let you know how they turn out!

It blows my mind how talented and creative you are! I'm awestruck by every post!

Keep up the absolutely LOVELY work!

xxxLottie Lee
http://vintagewrbride.com

Kate M said...

You really are so creative!
Another absolutely awesome project Stephanie. I love it - and the colour is beautiful.
Well done and thanks for sharing.
Kate
xx

Ewa KM said...

what a beautiful scarf!

Michelle's Tasty Creations said...

Absolutely beautiful scarf. You did a wonderful job and make it look really easy. Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday. Can’t wait to see what you share this week! Have a wonderful week.
Michelle

Katie Adams said...

I love your scarf! It is beautiful! I have featured it with this week's Blog Stalking Thursday! http://www.thecraftyblogstalker.com/2012/09/sillhouette-vinyl-family-rule-board.html Don't forget to stop by and grab a featured button. You Deserve it!

Kathy Shea Mormino said...

Hello! I’m stopping in to invite you to join us at the Clever Chicks Blog Hop this week!
http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2012/11/clever-chicks-blog-hop-7-country-craft.html

I hope to see you there!
Cheers!
Kathy
The Chicken Chick

Jann Olson said...

Stephanie, I love this scarf. I can see that it could easily be dressed up or down. Love, love the roses. I have alot of scarves and hardly ever wear them. I think I need to change that. Thanks for sharing with Share Your Cup.
Hugs,
Jann

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...