Sunday, October 28, 2012

God's Power And Beauty

The other night I was outside and I looked up at the sky
and saw this glorious sunset.
All I could think about was the beauty of God and His creation;
I was truly awe-struck!
I am so thankful for my amazing Heavenly Father
and I think this song by Isaac Watts says a lot about
God's great and mighty power, His goodness and His love.


I Sing the Mighty Power of God
- Isaaac Watts -

I sing the mighty pow'r of God that made the mountains rise,
That spread the flowing seas abroad and built the lofty skies.
I sing the wisdom that ordained the sun to rule the day;
The moon shines full at His command, and all the stars obey.
I sing the goodness of the Lord that filled the earth with food; 
He formed the creatures with His word and then pronounced them good.
Lord, how Thy wonders are displayed where'er I turn my eye:
If I survey the ground I tread or gaze upon the sky!
There's not a plant or flow'r below but makes Thy glories known;
And clouds arise and tempests blow by order from Thy throne;
While all that borrows life from Thee is ever in Thy care,
And ev'ry-where that man can be, Thou, God, art present there.



Have a blessed Lord's Day!


Linking up with:

13 comments:

Diana Chastain said...

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for linking up at Thumping Thursdays Blog Hop!

♥ Your Newest Follower ;)

Lauren Davenport said...

What a gorgeous sunset! I'm so amazed at the beauty of God's creation.

Hope said...

God is awesome!

These photos are lovely, Stephanie.

:) Hope

Debbie said...

Those pictures are breath taking!
How con one not see God in the beauty of His wonderful creation all around us?
Thank you for todays beautiful thoughts on God, the Creator of the universe!

Love & Blessings to you!

Dawn Olmesdahl said...

Wow! That sunset is breath taking!

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Absolutely fantastic photography ~ a treasure ~ (A Creative Harbor) artmusedog and Carol ^_^

Kellys Art Journaling/ Sharing The Journey said...

Thank you Stephanie for sharing your beautiful revelation of God's creation. I love that song. God is magnificent isn't HE?
Hugs and many blessings to you
Kelly

Kate M said...

These pictures are breathtaking!
So beautiful
Kate
xx

Chubskulit Rose said...

So beautiful! Happy pink Saturday.

Pink at my page.
Have a lovely weekend.

AshTreeCottage said...

Beautiful sunset! I admire your deep faith and I am your newest follower.

Hugs,
Susan and Bentley

Jenny's Heart said...

I often wonder how much more beautiful Heaven can be, when God gives us so much beauty here.
Seeing this was a blessing to me today. Thank You!

Judith said...

Those are absolutely glorious photos!! I love, love, love sunsets but we have too many trees in the way...also probably our area of the country might not get such glorious sunsets.

I love the hymn...and taking the time to slow down and read the words. We play that in our brass band at church...so majestic but since we play it, I haven't sung it so often. The words are so expressive.

Thanks for linking up this week over at WholeHearted Home. Your posts are such a blessing and I appreciate reading them each week and stopping by to visit.

Carolyn Robbins said...

What beautiful photos! I love sky's like this!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...