Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Pretty Hair Accessories

Here are some fun flowers you can make to go along with your t-shirt flowers.
Christmas is just around the corner
and these pretty flowers would be great stocking stuffers
or gifts for those sweet girls in your life :)




Items Needed:

fabric
needle
thread
scissors
embellishments
felt
hot glue
hair clips
bobby pins
headbands

Click on this link: t-shirt flowers
and it will show you how to make the twisted rosettes.

 Flower #1


Cut a strip of fabric that is 18 inches long and 3 inches wide.
Fold in half and sew a gathering stitch along the top.



Place the ends right sides together and sew closed.


Cut out a circle from the felt and hot glue onto the back.


Cut another strip of fabric that is 8 inches long and 1 1/2 inches wide.
Fold in half, sew along the top edge, and sew closed.
Hot glue onto the top of the flower
and then hot glue on a t-shirt rosette to finish it off.
If desired, add an embellishment to the center.


Hot glue a hair clip onto the back.


Flower # 2


Cut out 5 circles of fabric that are 3 1/2 inches X  3 1/2 inches.
Cut out 5 more circles of fabric that are slightly smaller - 2 1/2 inches X 2 1/2 inches.


Fold in half and then fold over to create a triangle.


Starting at the folded side, sew along the raw edge to create a petal.


Do this with all circles.
All 5 petals should be on your strand of thread.


Sew the petals together and this is what you should have.


Hot glue a circle of felt onto the back.
Hot glue the smaller flower onto the big flower
and add a t-shirt rosette.
Cut out another circle of felt and put hot glue on it.
Place the flower onto a headband
Apply the felt with hot glue on it over the headband and onto the flower.


Flower # 3


This flower is pretty much the same as the second flower
and you will do all the same steps.
Only this one has round petals.
Cut out 5 circles of fabric.
Fold in half and sew along the top edge.


Add a pretty embellishment to the center.







These flowers can be used for many things and not just hair accessories
so be creative and have fun :)
Have a wonderful day!

Linking up with:


22 comments:

Debbie said...

I love these tiny little flowers! Cute, cute and cute!!! You make it look so simple. :)
I love them all, but the white one is so pure looking. It would be beautiful for Christmas.

Have a wonderful day!

blesid thrifter said...

My new bloggy friend and sister in CHRIST! Blessings to you today! I am so glad that I visited to see your GORGEOUS fabric accessories. I want to make one or two ... or more! Just love the inspiration. I am your newest follower and proud to do so. Make it a wonderful day! And thanks for all the verses and beautiful pictures in your sidebar... they made my day!!! xoxo jules

Hope said...

I love these, Stephanie! They are just TOO cute! I am amazed at all the things you make.

:) Hope

MLynn said...

Stephanie, these are so stinkin' cute! Are you selling them? Aliyah is not much for headbands (she complains they hurt her head) but the clip on flowers I LOVE! Great job, if only I had the means or knowledge to sew . . . .!

Maggie Perez said...

Stephanie, how pretty they are I use to make them from time to time but then stop you did a great job on them. Thanks for sharing and I just love visiting your blog it just feels so peaceful when I stop by. Hugs and Blessing Maggie

Lauren Davenport said...

These are so girly. I'm going to make some tonight, thanks for the how-to :)

craftyles said...

Those are adorable. thanks for showing you made them.

mamamia said...

What beautiful flowers you have made! I have 3 girls that would love these. Thank you for sharing how to make them! I'm your newest follower.

Kellys Art Journaling/ Sharing The Journey said...

These are super cute and so original too. I know that any little girl who receives these will be very pleased and feel pretty.
Thanks for sharing your steps.
Hugs and many blessings
Kelly

Debbie Huffaker said...

What pretty flowers. Love them on the headbands for little girls!!!

SueLovesCherries said...

They're so cute and colorful! Great job!

Anne Payne said...

These are adorable and I LOVE the little butterfly :)

Kate M said...

You never cease to amaze me with your beautiful creations. These fabulous flowers are stunning. They are all such lovely bright cheerful colours, and I am sure anyone would be more than pleased to receive one of these. My 5 year old grand-daughter Lexie would love them - must have a go!
Kate
xx

Marci Smith said...

Love all the things you made. Too cute!! My heart swelled when I read that your blog is dedicated to your gramma. Love that. :-)
I'm following you back from the hopping hop.
Marci...life with joys

Carrie said...

I love making headbands for My Princess. These are adorable. I love the mix and match material and accessories!

My sister and I host a joint party and we'd love for you to join us. Remember, when you link up at one site, it shows up on both my blog and my sister's blog too...double exposure!!
http://www.saving4six.com/2012/10/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-2.html

Trish said...

I know some lovely young ladies who would just adore these!
You are very gifted Stephanie - thanks for sharing your beautiful crafts with us.
Have a blessed weekend!
love..Trish

We Four Explorers said...

Thanks for linking this to my blog! I actually have ribbon, barrettes, and other adornments on my dining room table right now, waiting for purpose. I now have a better plan!
Have a great weekend,
Janet @ www.up-anchorsetsail.blogspot.com

The Mandatory Mooch said...

These are all adorable. Can't wait to make some for my girls. I love them so much that this post will be FEATURED on Tasty Thursdays tomorrow on The Mandatory Mooch. Thanks for linking up, Nichi
www.mandatorymooch.blogspot.com

Conniecrafter said...

Gorgeous flowers, thanks for sharing the instructions!

The Mandatory Mooch said...

Also featuring this on my Facebook page today. Thanks, Nichi
www.facebook.com/TheMandatoryMooch

4 You With Love said...

Just featured this great post...too good not to share!

http://4you-withlove.blogspot.com/2013/01/best-of-2012-yours-and-mine-features.html

Lucy gray said...

I have been searching for hours and I haven’t found such awesome work.
remy human hair

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...