Sunday, October 07, 2012

The Joy Of Seeing Christ

"I am living for the moment, when my Savior's face I see -
Oh the thrill of that first meeting, when His glory shines on me!
When His voice like sweetest music falls upon my waiting ear,
And my name, amid the millions, from His precious lips I hear."
- Avis B. Christiansen -

The anticipation of seeing her Savior's face
and praising Him for redeeming grace
was a thrilling thought for blind Fanny Crosby to ponder,
for the face of Christ would be the first sight her eyes would ever behold.
She wrote this beloved hymn, 'Saved By Grace', 
in 1891 when she was seventy-one years of age.

Saved By Grace
Some day the silver chord will break,
and I no more as now shall sing;
but O the joy when I shall wake within the palace of the King!
Some day my earthy house will fall -
I cannot tell how soon 'twill be;
but this I know - my All in All has now a place in heav'n for me.
Some day, when fades the golden sun
beneath the rosy-tinted west,
my blessed Lord will say, "Well done!" and I shall enter into rest.
Some day - till then I'll watch and wait,
my lamp all trimmed and burning bright,
that when my Savior opens the gate, my soul to Him may take its flight.

Chorus:
And I shall see Him face to face,
and tell the story: saved by grace;
and I shall see Him face to face,
and tell the story; saved by grace.


"As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness:
I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness."
- Psalm 17:15 -

Have a blessed Lord's Day!

12 comments:

Delvalina said...

It's a loely song sister! I would love to learn this song...and you know what? this morning at church the pastor was preaching about seeing Christ, and about 7 promises of God, I just cant wait that someday I will leave this world and will face to face with Him, we as His princesses we will see Him and reign with Him...

Happy Sunday! and worship God for me :)


Love and hug,

Delvalina

Hope said...

very pretty sunset...

I hope you have a peaceful Sunday.

:) Hope

Sherri B. said...

Those words sound so familiar...I do believe that my great grandmother said those words to me...she would often recite old hymns to me when I was very little...such fond memories. xo

Kellys Art Journaling/ Sharing The Journey said...

What a wonderful, peaceful and God-centered blog you have here. You are very blessed. Thanks for joining my site. I am now following you too.
Hugs and many blessings Stephanie.
Kelly

Lauren Davenport said...

I'm not familiar with that song, but I sure do love the words!

momstheword said...

I don't think I've ever heard that song before! She has written some good ones.

My friend lost her vision when she was a child. She has been blind a long time now, and so for her, the first face she will see AGAIN will be His!

I love your picture, such a beautiful view. I was reading your comment about you setting a timer and it reminded me of the times I have set the timer and then forgot why it went off, lol!

momto8blog said...

what a beautiful song of praise! i have never heard this hymn, but I like it!!
just like that sunrise gives glory, so does the song!
I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.
have a great week!

Mara said...

What a beautiful hymn you have shared with us today. It's truly a reminder of where our hope and trust should be placed, and that is on Christ and not earthy things.

I love your photograph.

Blessings! :)

Kate M said...

What a beautiful sunset.
Thank you for the birthday greeting- much appreciated.
Hugs
Kate
xx

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

Absolutely stunning photography ~ (A Creative Harbor)

Barbara Jean said...

Oh yes. Someday we will see him face to face.
What a glorious day that will be.

sweet blessings
barb

Ewa KM said...

what a beautiful capture!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...