Thursday, October 11, 2012

Tis The Season...For Pumpkin

I am a lover of pumpkin
and I thoroughly enjoy eating it
during the Fall season.
At the beginning of this week I made some pumpkin whoopie pies.
I've made chocolate whoopie pies before, but this was my first time
using pumpkin.
I liked the way they turned out
and thought I would share the recipe.
Ingredients:
2 cups packed brown sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 15 oz can solid pack pumpkin puree
2 eggs
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 - 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cloves
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Lightly grease baking sheets.
In a large bowl, combine the oil and brown sugar.
Mix in pumpkin and eggs, beating well.
Add the flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, vanilla, cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
Mix well.
Drop dough by heaping teaspoons onto the prepared baking sheets.
Bake for 10 - 12 minutes.
Let cookies cool.
For the whoopie pie filling you will need:
2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
4 - 6 tablespoons milk
3/4 cup shortening
In a mixing bowl, mix 1 vanilla 2 - 3 tablespoons milk and 1 cup of confectioners' sugar.
Mix well then beat in the shortening and the remaining cup of confectioners' sugar.
Beat until light and fluffy.
Make sandwiches from two cookies filled with the whoopie pie filling.
The cookies are also delicious without the filling.
Linking up with:


16 comments:

Sherri B. said...

These would be a big hit at hubby's work and sound like an easy recipe...Thanks Stephanie, have a great day! xo

Hope said...

My daughter is always looking for something new to make.Both of us favor pumpkin pie over any other. I bet she would like these.

:) Hope

sandy said...

They look delicious and we all love pumpkin here! I'll definitely try these for another fall treat! The grandkids will love them!

Lauren Davenport said...

What a clever idea! Thanks for the recipe.

Delisa said...

Hi Stephanie! Thank you so much for all of the sweet comments you have been leaving on my blog. I appreciate them so much. This is a wonderful recipe! I can't wait to try it. I love, love, love, pumpkin and whoopy pies, and to have the two of them together in one recipe is just perfect. :) I am making 15 bean soup today and cornbread, and I am looking forward to having a nice quiet afternoon in the kitchen. Have a lovely day ahead! Delisa :)

Delvalina said...

Oh wow! this one is different than other posts about pumpkin cake, and this is sounds easy :)

Well, we here like almost never try pumpkin for cakes, we used it to eat for daily foods like lunch or dinner, vegetables soup or kinda with rice. SO I would love to taste one.

and your cake looks yummy as always.

Blessing,
Delvalina

Zaa said...

HA HA ... Pumpkin Whoopies sound fabulous to me and I can't wait to try them ..Thanks for the recipe...Hugs

Sylvia said...

Thanks for posting the recipe,Stephanie, I love pumpkin also and love to try new and easy recipes.

Sandra said...

I love pumpkin and this sounds so good! How many cookies/whoopie pies does this recipe make?

janice15 said...

They look so darn good...can't wait to try them. I was just somewhere's where they had a fall whoopie pan maker..darn and I didn't buy it..they were little pumpkins would have been perfect for these...I think maybe target..have a great evening with love Janice...

ArtMuseDog and Carol said...

We would call these pumpkin 'Whoopie Pies' ~ is that what you call them? ~ Delish and Wonderful photos ~ (A Creative Harbor)

thanks for coming by and commenting ^_^

jeanetteann said...

Yummy,will have to try this one. I love pumpkin any time of year too.xx

donna said...

mmmm Sounds so good. I love pumpkin as well.
Hugs
donna

Lottie Lee said...

These look absolutely amazing! I've made pumpkin cookies before but never turned them into Whoopie Pies- what a lush idea!

Stay Glamorous!
xxxALottie Lee

Debi Bolocofsky said...

These look delicious.
Debi @ Adorned From Above

Winnie said...

These look and sound really really good!
I would love to try so I'm pinning this post
Thanks for sharing

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...