Thursday, November 15, 2012

Don't "Sweat" The Holiday's

It's that time of year when life seems to get crazy with
family gathering's, gift shopping, meal planning, etc.


So don't "sweat" the holiday's......
by making your own deodorant :)

I have been using this homemade deodorant for a while and I love it!
A lot of store-bought deodorant's have aluminum in them
which is very bad for you.
The skin is the largest organ of the body and it absorbs all that you put on it.
So stop and think about what is going on and in you.
An interesting fact is that a lot of store-bought deodorant's cause you
to have perspiration problems and sweat stains.
I had someone who has a sweat problem try this homemade deodorant
and since this individual has been using it, the problem has vanished.
Anyway, enough of that......

Let's move on to how you make it :)

Ingredients Needed:
1/4 cup aluminum-free baking soda
1/4 cup cornstarch
5 tablespoons virgin coconut oil
5-10 drops of tea tree oil
10-15 drops of orange or other fragrant essential oil
you don't have to use a fragrance, just the tea tree oil is fine.

Mix all the ingredients together.
Store in a sealed container (glass is best)
or you can put it in an old deodorant bottle.
Store at room temperature.
If it gets too warm, it will turn to liquid because of the coconut oil.
If this happens, just place the container in the refrigerator to solidify.
You will need to use only a small amount of this.


Linking up with:


16 comments:

Delvalina said...

I know this! my mom get used to teach the girls in orphanage :) you know most of people dont donate deodorants and my mom won't buy for many but show them this, it works for them and cheap.
But we never knew that it can mix with oil too.
Thanks for sharing.

~Blessing~

Julie Marie at Idyllhours said...

Thanks for sharing Stephanie... I am going to try to make some, minus the essential oil... it sounds great!... xoxo Julie Marie

Debbie said...

I absolutly love this deoderant! I have always had a real problem with deaderants not working long for me, until this. The citrus oils are my most favorite! Yum Yum!

Blessings to you!

MLynn said...

This is too funny! I got this recipe from your Mom last Sunday and made it today before logging on to see your post of the day! I made mine with doTERRA's Citrus Bliss essential oil and can't wait to try it!

Nurdan Kanber said...

Thanks for the recipe!
I' ll try it for sure :)

Hugs

An Ordinary Housewife said...

I actually can't use store bought deodorant, as they make me itch constantly. This looks like a good alternative and simple to make. I am just wondering where you can buy the tea tree oils and the fragrance oils. Can you help me with that? Thanks. :)

Lauren Davenport said...

I'm definitely going to make some of this - thank you so much for posting :)

Gin said...

I have to try this! Blessings, Gin

Claire @ The Rustic Pig said...

Hi sweet girl!! You've been nominated for the Liebster Award!! http://www.therusticpig.com/2012/11/liebster-award-woo-hoo.html

budgeteer said...

This looks so nice in your pretty jar. Coconut oil feels and smells beautiful. I might try this leaving out the essential oil so I can smell the sweet coconut fragrance.

Thank you
Lesley (Heart for home-making blogspot)

Feral Turtle said...

Thanks for sharing!

Karima said...

What a great idea! My daughter is allergic to most deodorants - I might just try this!

Kathy Moody said...

What a great idea! It definitely is so much cheaper, too! Thanks so much for the recipe and sharing at A Bouquet of Talent again this week! :)

Manda said...

You were right...I. Loved. This. So much! Nothing better than something that is healthy for your skin AND inexpensive. I don't think I will ever use anything else!

Sheryl Whipkey said...

Could the cornstarch be substituted for something else? I am allergic to corn and would love to try this!
Thanks in advance. --Sheryl

Stephanie said...

Sheryl, you can use Arrowroot instead of cornstarch. I hope you are able to try some and I hope you enjoy it :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...