Friday, November 02, 2012

Groovy Crayons

I was going through my son's crayons and found quite a few that were broken.
So instead of throwing them away, my son and I decided to upcycle them.


This project is so easy and your children will love the end result.

Item's Needed:
crayons
cupcake pan
cupcake holders
oven

Place cupcake holders in the pan
and put the crayons in the holders.
My son wanted to mix the colors, but you can do what you want.


Heat in the oven at 350 F degrees for 5 - 10 minutes.
The crayons should be liquid.


Let them cool.
Remove the cupcake holder and then go color a picture :)





10 comments:

Delvalina said...

CRAZZZZZZZYYYY!!! you're so creative! so proud to have you as a friend and sister! maybe I could try how to melting but in different style :)
Thank you sist. So I decided to pray and fasting next week, start on Sunday. I need to be closer with God, I want Him to tell me what should I do. and but more I want to be closer than before, I just need Him so much.

Praying for ya!

Hope said...

My niece did this with her's also. They make beautiful new colors!

Happy Friday!
:) Hope

Elle Sees said...

such fun! and one of my fave ways to recycle!

Maria said...

Oh I remember the days of crayons :) m.

Dewdrop Gardens said...

What a creative way to reuse broken crayons! I'll bet the pictures turned out pretty cool with those 'new' crayons. I'll have to remember this for my grandsons. Thanks for sharing
Debbie :)

Lauren Davenport said...

Looks like fun! I think I'd enjoy this as much as the little ones :)

Sylvia said...

uh! and I just threw away a handful of my crayons cause my grandchildren don't use them anymore, that would have been so great to do and different. Tnanks, I won't throw anymore away.

budgeteer said...

Great fun Stephanie. Lovely pictures too

Debbie said...

What fun! Dawn did this with the boys today and when we stopped in to visit with them I was able to draw some pictures with the boys and their "new" crayons! We had a great time.
Great post you shared. :)

Love & Blessings!

chateau chic said...

What a clever idea, one that any child would have fun doing! Love this.
Mary Alice

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...