Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Holiday Fruit Tart

Sweet fruit and buttery crust....perfect together.
Crust ingredients:
1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar and salt, mix to blend.
Add butter pieces and beat with an electric mixer until incorporated
and mixture turns to moist crumbles, about 1 minute.
Pour mixture into a tart pan;
press evenly over bottom and up the sides of the pan.
Freeze shell for 15 minutes.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Remove tart from freezer;
bake for 18 - 22 minutes
or until light golden brown.
Cool completely.
Filling ingredients:
1 package (3.4 oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
assorted fresh fruit
Whisk pudding mix and milk in medium bowl for 2 minutes
or until completely dissolved and beginning to thicken.
Pour into tart shell.
Chill at least 30 minutes.
Before serving, arrange fruit on top of the tart.

Linking up with:


16 comments:

Sylvia said...

yum, I can taste it now, wish I could reach in and share a piece with you since I am sipping a cup of Earl Gray now without anything to eat with it.

Lauren Davenport said...

Thanks for this recipe. It looks delicious and sounds quite easy to make.

Mom In The USA said...

This looks so lovely, especially for this season. With the fruit on top, it's also something my kids can eat and I don't feel so bad about. Thank you for sharing.

Karina

Sara Blevins said...

Yummy! It looks inviting to eat with all beautiful fruits. I love your pictures. Thank you for sharing!!

Hope said...

Oh my how much I love your new blog look, so wintery and exciting!

And this dessert looks deliciously tempting. I wish I was a buddy living near you, and we could eat your good cooking!

:) Hope

P.S. I love visits from your mother. Too bad she does not have a blog.

Debbie said...

The minute I saw this picture all I could say was, "WOW... look at that!" Stephanie, that is beautiful in the pictures!!! I could almost taste it just by looking at it. YUM YUM YUM!
I will be over for tea and dessert tomorrow. :)

Love you!

becktovintage said...

Oh please May I ask one piece of cek..:))

Salmagundi said...

That tart looks absolutely beautiful sitting on that star doily -- brilliant picture! Sally

Jillian Nicole said...

This looks light and healthy. I love how simple this was to make and it looks like the perfect end to the meal.
Thanks for sharing and I am following you now. I would love for you to follow along.
Jillian
http://puzzlemecomplete.blogspot.com/

Jazzmin said...

Hi Stephanie,
What a beautiful tart! I am new to your blog and all of your crafts and projects that I've seen so far, from this tart to your homemade wreaths, are so lovely. Your blog is beautiful and cozy and I am so happy I found it!
Thankyou for visiting my blog and leaving a comment also. I am honored to have had you visit and thank you for your kind words.

I look forward to reading more of your posts and really appreciate your love for the Lord in your writing as well.

Have a blessed day!
Jazzmin

Mariel Collins said...

this looks delicious!!!

Maria Lipkin said...

looks so delicious!
I'm following along from the thumping thuesday hop! :)

www.thislifesbeautifulmoments.com

Delvalina said...

Dear beautiful sister,

What a beautiful page here. and the Recipe it looks so yummy and healthy :) I cant wait to bake with my mother in this Christmas. I hope you doing well, been missing talking to you.

Kiss and Hugs,
Delvalina

Lindsay said...

Oh my that look so delish and very, very pretty!

Libby said...

Such a delicious looking tart! Oh my. :-)

Kathy Moody said...

This looks so delicious! Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent. Can't wait to see what you've been up to this week. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...