Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanks To God

"A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue,
but the parent of all other virtues."
Cicero

Thanks To God!
Thanks, O God, for boundless mercy from Thy gracious throne above;
thanks for ev'ry need provided from the fullness of Thy love!
Thanks for daily toil and labor and for rest when shadows fall;
thanks for love of friend and neighbor and Thy goodness unto all!
Thanks for thorns as well as roses, thanks for weakness and for health;
thanks for clouds as well as sunshine, thanks for poverty and wealth!
Thanks for pain as well as pleasure - all Thou sendest day by day;
and Thy Word, our dearest treasure, shedding light upon our way.
Thanks, O God, for home and fireside, here we share our daily bread;
thanks for hours of sweet communion when by Thee our souls are fed!
Thanks for grace in time of sorrow and for joy and peace in Thee;
thanks for hope today, tomorrow, and for all eternity! 
Written by
August Ludvig Storm
The Lord has richly blessed my life and I have so much to be thankful for.
Salvation through the shed blood of Jesus Christ,
God's written Word - the Bible,
the love of family and friends,
hugs and kisses from my sweet little boy,
a precious and wonderful marriage to the sweetest man on earth,
air to breath and sunshine to warm my face,
a cozy home and food on the table,
a piano to play songs of worship to my Heavenly Father,
eyes to see God's beautiful creation and ears to hear the singing of birds.
The list could go on and on so I will stop there :)
It's only a few days after Thanksgiving
and really, every day we ought to be thankful.
What are you thankful for?
Have a blessed Lord's Day!

Linking up with:
Into The Word
WholeHearted Home


12 comments:

A Daughter of the King said...

I am also thankful for the internet, where God has connected so may of his people...people like you and me. ~Blessings.

Sara Blevins said...

I agree, I do thank God for finding a woman that loves and honor God like you. I love how you decorated your blog with Christmas team, I am still learning the internet.

Lauren Davenport said...

I'm thankful that I can be confident of this: that He who began a good work in me will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Sandra said...

Even though here in Canada, we celebrated Thanksgiving back in October, it's good to be reminded that there is so much to be thankful for...God's salvation and grace, the love of a wonderful husband, family and friends (especially those online), a simple home, enough food and clothes, and the safety and freedom I enjoy living here in Canada.

Then there's the small things to be thankful for...tea, pretty yarn to knit with, a good book, a cuddly dog, flowers from the garden.

Thanks for sharing such a great post, Stephanie. Have a good evening.

Lisa West said...

What a beautiful prayer of thanks. Thank you for sharing it. I am blessed to find your inspiring blog. And such a beautiful banner as well. Wonderful to have found you. Lisa

Debbie said...

What a beautiful post! We have so much to be thankful for and in my devotion this morning I was learning that when our mind is occupied with thanking God, we will have no time for worry or complaining. If we practice thankfulness consistently, negative thought patterns will gradually grow weaker and weaker. If we draw near to God with a grateful heart, His presence will fill us with joy and peace.

I have purposed in my heart to go through my days giving thanks continually, that is to "pray without ceasing" and experience the difference that it makes.

I am thankful for my salvation in Christ Jesus, for my home in Eternity, for my home here on earth, for my wonderful husband who is a steady man, for my children and grandchildren and the sweet kisses and "I love you's" for the place I get to work and serve the Lord, for friends and laughter, for my car and the money to put gas in it. My list could go on and on, but thank you for the reminder to be thankful. Truely, I plan on going through my days paying more attention to God's goodness to me, and thanking Him for it all!

I am thankful for you my dear daughter! Blessings

Rebecca said...

What a beautiful, beautiful post my friend. Timely and so needed. I can tell you have such a loving heart for God and that in turn makes my own heart sing.

I have so much to be thankful for... I'm grateful for God's blessings and His mercy...and His patience with me.

Love to you~

Rebecca

Sylvia said...

What a beautiful header Stephanie, and I love your post!

Elle Sees said...

I have been listing something I'm thankful for every day. I need to do this all year instead of all month!

Floral Blossoms said...

Such a good reminder as we need to be thankful to God for everything that we have.

Judith said...

Thanksgiving is past and I agree, we really need to make a big effort to continue with our thankful hearts throughout the year. I need this especially right now as a few things weigh on my heart...but I hear that being thankful does a good job at bringing joy into our heart (when we are abiding in the Lord).

Thanks so much for sharing and linking with me this past week over at WholeHearted Home Wednesdays. Your blog is always such a blessing.

Judith said...

P.S. I am featuring you today over at WholeHearted Home :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...