Friday, November 16, 2012

The LIEBSTER Award


Claire from
nominated me for the LIEBSTER award - how exciting!
I had seen this award on other blogs, but I didn't know what it was
until sweet Claire shared what it's about.
"If you don’t know what the LIEBSTER award is, let me explain.
In the blogging world,
the Liebster award is given by seasoned bloggers
to a new-ish blog with 200 followers or less."
Here are the Liebster rules:
1. You must post 11 random things about yourself
2. You must answer the questions that the nominator set for you
3. You must create 11 questions for the people that you nominate
4. You must choose 11 blogs that you love (w/ less than 200 followers)
and link them to your post and let them know they were nominated.
5. No tag back
11 Random Things About Myself
1. I love desserts and I have to have at least one sweet thing a day
2. I ran in Cross Country while at college....I was not very good at it, though I did enjoy it.
3. My favorite verse in the Bible is, "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." -Philippians 4:13. During many of my weak moments, the Lord has always reminded me of that verse.
4. My son was born on my birthday at the same hospital by the same Doctor. The date was not planned that way, he was just 6 days late :) What a birthday gift from the Lord!
5. I love, love, LOVE dirt bikes!
6. I have a really hard time growing my hair out. I cut my hair when I was 4 or 5 years old and since then I have had shorter hair. I am trying to grow it out right now.....here's hoping :)
7. I was on a swim team when I was younger and was offered the chance to join the team that traveled around the states for competitions.
8. I giggle uncontrollably on roller coasters
9. Koala's are my favorite animal - I always wanted one for a pet :)
10. I have been skiing since I was 5 and snowboarding since I was about 13
11. I would love to write a book about the joy of modesty one day - big dream :)
Questions from The Rustic Pig
1. If you could be a superhero, which one would you be and why?Lets see....how about Spider-Man only Spider-Woman. The reason - it would be fun to swing around with spider's web as your means of transportation.

2. What is your favorite outfit? A high-waisted 50's style skirt with a pearl-button cardigan and heels

3. What is your biggest dream for your life? I don't think it's really a dream, but my desire is to live my life for God's honor and glory, to stand strong in the faith when trials arise and to come out of it praising my Savior's name. I want to be a woman after God's own heart.

4. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up? A missionary to Africa and a Veterinarian

5. What is your favorite piece of furniture in your house and why? My piano - it's the place where I release my built-up emotions; grief, worry, happiness, joy. I play and it all comes out

6. If you won the lottery tomorrow, what would you do first? I think I would be in shock if I won the lottery. I don't gamble so I have never thought about what I would do with the money....I guess I would give a lot of it to missionaries to help their work on the field. Then I think I would buy a grand piano :)

7. What is your favorite vacation and why? Going to Kauai, Hawaii, because it was where my husband and I went for our honeymoon:) We went on a helicopter ride, boat ride, surfing and swimming in the ocean - it was lovely!

8. If your life was a reality series, what would it be called? Hmmm....Something like "The Creative and Very Clumsy Life of Stephanie D." Yes, I am extremely clumsy :)

9. Who do you look up to? My sweet, loving, caring and giving mom and there is a very dear lady in my church that I greatly admire. She has such a love for Jesus and she is continually growing in the Lord and encouraging others.

10. What is your biggest pet peeve? Having everything in it's right place....and it has to be perfectly straight :)

11. If you could talk to your 18 year old self today, what advice would you give? Rest in the Lord, wait for His perfect timing, follow His leading and don't rely on emotions because they can sometimes get you in trouble....and listen to my parents - they really do know best.

Questions For My Nominees

1. What is your favorite Bible Verse and why?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
3. What do you like to do with your free time?
4. If you were stranded on an island, what three things would you want with you?
5. Do you have a favorite book?
6. What is your favorite food?
7. Do you play a musical instrument?
8. What one word describes you best?
9. What is one of your favorite memories?
10. If you could choose when you were born, which decade/century would you want to be born in?
11. What is your goal in life?

My Nominees For The Award Goes To...
Falling in Love with Jesus
The Simple Life of Hope
Kates Krafts
Life and Breath and Everything Else
God Bless Our Home
Dewdrop Gardens
Ravenhill Cottage
The Vintage War Bride
A Grandma's Blessings
Chenille Cottage
Heart for home-making

Dear friends, just because I nominated you doesn't mean you have to do this.
Please do it only if you want to :)
Love and Hugs!

16 comments:

Claire @ The Rustic Pig said...

OH!!! So LOVED learning about you!!! LOVE your heart for the Lord! Many hugs!!

Julie Marie at Idyllhours said...

So fun learning more about your Stephanie!!!... xoxo Julie Marie

budgeteer said...

Dear Stephanie, What a great way to get to know each other. It was lovely to read your answers.
Thank you also for nominating me. I would like to join in. I'm not quite sure how I go about it though. First I am going to visit your other nominees. X Lesley
Heart for home-making

Nurdan Kanber said...

Hello My Dear Friend;

I came to thank you for nominating me this remarkable awards!

I'd like to note that I have been awarded with Liebster once and this is my the second time already!

I am accepting this award with appreciations but maybe better to pass my turn to another blog?

What do you think?

Whatever you say I do obey :)

Hugs and kisses


Sylvia said...

oh Stephanie, thanks for nominating me for the Liebster award, I'll try my best to obey the rules and answer as honestly as I can. This isn't going to be easy!

Delvalina said...

Thank my sweet friend and sister!
I dearly adore and love this award. But I'm not sure how I started to do the rules. Hopefully find the time to do this! and, I love love love reading each answer of your for the questions! :)by that answer I can see that how perfectly God works for your beautiful life.

AND YES YOU ARE!!! a woman after God's own heart! because that word beating my heart heart when the first time a man that I love said that to me, when he wanted to date me...(just saying :D ssshhh)

I'm excited to get my chirstmas package, I'm hoping soon I send you mine too.

and the last fact of me now is I want to talk with you! hope you come back from Texas soon.

I love you more and you've been in my thoughts, mind and prayers.

Please teach me how to ski :D

Sandra said...

Ahhh...thanks for the nomination Stephanie. You're such a sweetie! I'll get a post up soon to accept your award and answer your questions.

Thanks again!

Lauren Davenport said...

Thank you! The nomination made my day! I enjoyed reading your answers and the chance to get to know you a little bit better :)

Sara Blevins said...

I love your heart for the lord and how athletic you are. I am not sure how to go about it, but I love the idea. Thank you for visiting my blog this morning.

Mrs. A. said...

Oh thank you. I really don't have time to do this but I enjoyed reading your answers.

Have a great weekend. :)

Jann Olson said...

Stephanie I loved all of the fun things you shared. I love getting to know more about you. We just went to Kauai and did all of what you mentioned. Wonderful place for sure! I have a sweet tooth also. How do you stay so thin girl?
Hugs,
Jann

Debbie said...

How beautiful this was! Though I know all about you, my heart was delighted to read it.

You are a beautiful women who loves the Lord, that is plain to see.

I would love to see you write a book on modesty/purity one day, and I believe you would do a terrific job.

May you always walk close to your Savior, bringing Him glory and honor and praise!

Blessings my dear girl!

Hope said...

Hi Stephanie,

How sweet of you to think of me.

I too am trying to grow my hair long. Long hair has never looked the best on my, but I love long hair so much - I decided it is time to grow it long. (I used to have long hair when I was a teenager.)

:) Hope

Chenille Cottage said...

Dear Sweet Stephanie,
I am deeply touched that you nominated me for the Liebster Award. Thank you for sharing about it. I have enjoyed reading your post and discovering so many sweet things about you.
I am frustrated because today my laptop died. My husband says the screen is what is gone. Hopefully, the harddrive is in tact. I am using my tiny little IPAD at the moment...but, it is so limited compared to my regular computer that I use for blogging.
As I red some of your Liebster Award answers I chuckled at the number of things that we have in common. I love...love...love roller coasters and squeel, giggle and scream uncontrollably. I, too, have a sweet tooth...and, something sweet everyday. I got that from my Mom. At age 90 she is a total chocoholic! My favorite book is my precious Bible. It's pages are tattered and tear stained. It is the tops for my three desert island musts! I love my three kitties. I can't imagine life without their soothing purrrrrr and their snuggly lap cuddles.
Even though I am unable to join in on your thoughtful Liebster Award, my sweet friend, I am so grateful for your thoughtful gesture.
I do hope you have a lovely weekend.
Blessings in our Lord, Savior and Messiah,
Carolynn xoxo
ps...I hope there aren't too many typos in my comment...The screen on my IPAD is so tiny I can hardly see the print. :-)

Kate M said...

Hi Stephanie
I am extremely proud and honoured that you think me fit to receive the Liebster award. have in the past received this so I am doubly pleased.
I am however unable to accept this at this moment in time. My baby sister is moving house in the next two weeks, and her partner has just lost his mother. I am doing what I can to help and support them both at this doubly difficult time - these are 2 of the most stressful things we have to deal with in life, I am sure you will understand.
Thank you once again for considering me for this.
Lots of love
Kate
xx

Dewdrop Gardens said...

Thank you so much for the honour Stephanie! What a thrill, but I have to decline at this time because of all my computer problems and trying to catch up.
Thank you!
Debbie :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...