Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Supper & A Mug Swap

This was my first year to have Christmas supper at my home
with my parents, sister, brother-in-law and nephews.
I was thrilled to be able to host our family meal.
We got to celebrate early since some of my family would be leaving
for Canada to be with my grandparents over the holidays.
I decided to decorate with red, silver and white
and I do apologize for the poor lighting in my photos.
Anyway,
I made pretty snowflake folded napkins
and the tutorial for how to make your own will be at the end of the post.
I placed framed snowflakes near the plates for everyone to take home.

The place settings are made out of card stock.
I found this idea in the Christmas Crafting In No Time book
that I won in a giveaway from Janice :)
The cute birds are perched on top of a pine cone
so instead of a Partridge in a pear tree
it's a Partridge on a pine cone :)

It is a tradition in our family to have crackers so we enjoy them every year.

For the centerpiece,
I used glittery balls in votives with glass beads around the top rim.
Click HERE for the tutorial.

Now for the snowflake napkin tutorial...
You will need a well-starched cloth napkin.

Fold the corners of the napkin into the center and press flat.

Repeat the same process a second time.

And it should look like this once all the corners are folded in.

Holding the center points together,
carefully turn the napkin over.
Now fold the four corners into the center again, but do not press.

Holding the center firmly,
partly pull out the previous folds from under each corner
and gently pull them upwards.
Your finished napkin should look like this.


Also, I participated in a mug swap hosted by Heather from Heatherly Loves.
This was my first time participating in something like this and it was great fun:)
 sent me this cute snowman mug with hot cocoa.

A big thanks to Jillian for sending me this delightful mug
and to Heather for hosting the mug swap.

Linking up with:


20 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful table Stephanie!!! It is almost too pretty to eat from. Enjoy your dinner and Merry Christmas!

A Daughter of the King said...

Your tablescape is a blessing to your guests! What did you serve?

April S. said...

What a beautiful blog you have! Thanks for stopping by mine and hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

budgeteer said...

Some more awesome creativity Stephanie, you definitely don't suffer with 'creativity anxiety' lol. Thanks for your kind comments on Heart for Home-making. Big big Christmas hugs xxx

Lesley

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

Gorgeous table scape! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

Lauren Davenport said...

You have wonderful hospitality skills. Your dinner table looks so elegant and beautiful!

LarasVintage said...

Love the napkins! Following you from the blog hop :)
xx sandra
http://larasvintage.blogspot.com/

Dalayna Dillon said...

Simply beautiful. :)

Debbie said...

Simply beautiful it was!

Love you!

Kara @ Petals to Picots said...

Your table is beautiful!

bj said...

O, your table is just out of this world pretty. I know everyone loved it,
Merriest Christmas, bj

BerryMorins Bits & Tips said...

An amazing table setting. You're truly talented.
Thank you so much for stopping by my blog.
I was feeling so bad about misplacing the package label.

Diane Higdon said...

Your table is beautiful. You really set an outstanding table. The snowman mug is darling. That face makes anyone smile. I stopped by because I too was a part of the mug swap, and just wanted to read and follow your post. Hope you have a Wonderful Holiday. Merry Christmas. :)

Millie said...

Lovely Christmas tablesetting. Merry Christmas!

Denise said...

Beautiful Table setting.Thank you for dropping by My blog.Merry Christmas to you and yours.You have the touch for hosting beautiful parties,that's for sure.Enjoy !

kitty said...

Stephanie, what a beautiful table. I love the partridge on a pinecone...so cute and thanks for the tutorial on the snowflake napkin. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones.

Kate M said...

Your table setting is absolutely fabulous - must be a pleasure to eat around this table!
xx

Conniecrafter said...

Such a Beautiful place setting!

Jodi S said...

what a beautiful dinner table and especially love the napkins. so much fun :) stopping by from petals to picots and newly following you :)

Kathy Moody said...

Your table looks beautiful! I just love those candles. So pretty. Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent! Happy New Year!!

Kathy

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...