Thursday, December 27, 2012

Oven Caramel Corn

First of all, I did not make the caramel corn in these pictures, my mom did :)
She gave my family some and since it is a favorite in our household,
I just had to take some pictures of it and share the recipe with you.
This is my grandma's recipe with a twist from my mom.
After tasting this,
you probably won't want to go back to regular caramel corn with kernels.


Ingredients:
2 cups brown sugar
2 sticks butter
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 1/2 or 3 bags of Chester's Puffed Corn - butter flavor

Combine brown sugar, butter, corn syrup and salt in a medium sauce pan.
Cook for 2 minutes.
Once it begins to boil,
add the baking soda and pour over the puffs in a large bowl.
Mix very well.
Spread out onto two cookie sheets lined with parchment paper;
bake for 30 minutes at 250 degrees F.
Put the puffs back into a large bowl and mix well,
breaking up the large pieces.
Continue to stir until cool.

This is a great treat for New Years Eve that everyone will love.
**Be warned - you can't eat just one!**

Enjoy! :)

16 comments:

Merlesworld said...

That does look good.
Merle....

Karen Mary Butterfly said...

Oh, man. That's so smart to use instead of popcorn! I really want to try this!
Karen

momstheword said...

Wow, they really do look yummy! I'll bet I would eat handful after handful, lol!

Loved your Christmas tree decorations that you showed earlier, and the table you decorated for your family was gorgeous too. Loved the red and white!

Sylvia said...

Caramel popcorn is my favorite, ths sure looks good!

Debbie said...

This looks like it would add a size to my waistline! LOL

Heather said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe!!! I am excited to make it!!!
Heather

Lauren Davenport said...

That looks so good! Corn Syrup is banned in Europe. I'm not sure of a substitute, I'll have to look into that :) Have a blessed day.

WhatJeanLikes said...

Oh as a caramel corn lover, this post is making my mouth water!!! What a great recipe!! Thank you so much for sharing. I'm a new follower. If you have time, we'd love to have you come and link up to the Aloha Friday Blog Hop if you haven't already! (Thank you so very much if you've already linked up, I truly appreciate it!!) I'm following you BTW :)

Come and link up, enter the giveaway (if you haven't yet) and celebrate the coming weekend with us!

Aloha,

Jean {What Jean Likes}

Anne said...

YUM! I want to try this! Thank you for sharing!
xx
Anne

Jo May said...

Hey I'm here following back!
So tickled to be blogging with you.

2013 is going to be another fun year.

I'm putting your blog on my side bar so as not to miss anything.
~Jo @ LoblollyLane

Sara Blevins said...

This looks good Stephanie! I will definetly try it. Thanks again!

Delvalina said...

It looks so crispy! :)
I wish I could taste it.

Tori said...

You have a beautiful blog, can't wait to go back and read a little more. Lovely.

kitty said...

OMGoodness, this sounds so addicting!! I love caramel corn and this twist is even better.

Lady Linda said...

Hi Sweetie, yes, this does look yummy. Not sure what Chester's popped corn is????
Missing you.

Anne Payne said...

I love popcorn! Kettle corn is my favorite but this looks like it could be right here on top :) Thanks for sharing the recipe. It sure does look easy to make! Have a blessed New Year!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...