Monday, January 28, 2013

January Cara Box Reveal

I was able to participate in a fun gift box exchange called the


Each month is a different theme
and for the month of January it was
Resolutions.

Amanda had me and she was so kind and encouraging in her emails.
I had a lot of fun answering her questions as she got to know me.
She of course wanted to know if I had any New Year's resolutions 
and this is what I told her....


My number one desire and goal for the New Year
is to grow closer to the Lord.
I want to be consumed with Him,
 spend time with Him each day and live my life for His honor and glory.

A few of my other goals for the New Year would be to 
participate in a craft fair during the holidays.

 Catch up on my son's scrapbook - I am 2 years behind!

And last but not least...
I am a big sweet eater - I love desserts :)
I would love to be diligent in eating healthier foods.

So this is what sweet Amanda sent me :)

The first pictures are of a  beautiful journal.
Since one of my resolutions for the year is to grow closer to God
she thought this would be a great way to write down devotions, questions, quotes, etc.
What a brilliant idea and I will enjoy using it.
She also wrote in the front of the book my favorite quote by Elisabeth Elliot
and then she scattered quotes from my favorite authors though-out the note book.
She is certainly very thoughtful and creative!


 Amanda knows I love anything vintage so she lovingly made some vintage rosettes
that I will enjoy using for crafts.
And she found this spectacular fabric at a vintage antique store.
Isn't it lovely?!


 It Is Well With My Soul is my ultimate favorite song
and Amanda took note of that.
She framed the lyrics in this pretty vintage frame
and the rose paper is perfect since I love roses!
This song is also a favorite of Amanda's :)
The Lara Bar is for my sweet tooth since it's a great all-natural snack.
And the scrap booking stuff is for my son's scrapbook that I need will finish this year :)




Amanda greatly spoiled me and I am thrilled with her delightful gifts.
This was my first time participating in the Cara Box Exchange
and this box will be one I cherish and always remember.

Thank you so much Amanda!
I am grateful for all that you did for me :)

I had Lauren from Enjoying The Journey
I had such a fun time getting to know her.
She has been a great blessing  to me
and I appreciate her deep love for the Lord.

I am linking up with Kaitlyn at Wifessionals

15 comments:

Libby said...

You've received such wonderful, heartfelt items. I know you'll enjoy each and every item. :-)

jen @ grown in southern ground said...

love the fabric flowers!

Carol Z said...

I am awed by the thought that went into your gifts. Amanda is terrific!

Debbie said...

What a thoughtful gift Amanda gave you. It is all very beautiful! Enjoy it!!

Blessings!

Lindsay said...

I'm loving checking out what everyone got in their Cara Box! What a beautiful box!

Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle) said...

What beautiful gifts. You can tell these were created and given from the heart. This is just so wonderful!

jeanetteann said...

How lovely ,it's all just perfectly you x

Kelly@CCCC said...

Wow! What a great idea as well as a wonderful way to get to know someone better! I would love to participate in some way! The thoughts, feelings, and heartfelt wishes that went into the gifts that Amanda sent you almost bring a tear to my eye. The knowledge that someone out there truly cares about your feelings and desires and also conveys that to you, is a precious gift in and of itself! Grats for finding a friend such as Amanda and Have a wonderful week! Kelly xoxo

Pam said...

How nice! I like your blog too!

Conniecrafter said...

so very special!!!

Lauren Davenport said...

Sounds like a fun gift exchange!

Kate M said...

What a wonderful and thoughtful collection of beautiful things in your box!! Amanda had certainly taken on board all that she had learned about you in your brief exchange! I love the fabric flowers and particularly like the burlap ones - will certainly have a go at these . You see- your Cara box has brought inspiration to me too!
Take care and God Bless
your good friend
Kate
xx

Delvalina said...

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! what a wonderful handmade gifts for you in the box. I have no idea about this one but it sounds interesting and linked each one of you <3

I saw your cara box to person that you sent! beautiful..I love evrything you made esp in the frame.

Love,

Your sister

Danni Baird @ Silo Hill Farm said...

I have never heard of Cara Box. Interesting! Amanda did indeed spoil you, but you are spoil worthy girl!

Manda said...

Yay! So glad you enjoyed it! Like I said in the letter, it was a neat experience making such personal gifts for someone you only met over the Internet. I am glad it brought happiness to your day, I know it made me happy to put it together. I can't wait to keep following your blog to see all the beautiful things you create this year :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...