Sunday, January 20, 2013

How Can I Help But Love Him?

"When I stand before the throne,
dressed in beauty not my own;
When I see Thee as Thou art,
love Thee with unceasing heart;
 Then, Lord, shall I fully know
- not till then -
how much I owe."
~ Unknown ~

How Can I Help But Love Him?

Down from His splendor in glory He came, into a world of woe;
took on Himself all my guilt and my shame, why should he love me so?
I am unworthy to take of His grace, wonderful grace so free;
yet Jesus suffered and died in my place, e'en for a soul like me.
He is the fairest of thousands to me, His love is sweet and true;
wonderful beauty in Him I now see, more than I ever knew.
Chorus  
How can I help but love Him
When He loved me so?
How can I help but love Him
When He loved me so?
~ EltonM. Roth ~



"The LORD hath appeared of old unto me, saying,
Yes, I have loved thee with an everlasting love:
therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee."
~ Jeremiah 31:3 ~

"Keep yourselves in the love of God,
looking for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ
unto eternal life."
~ Jude 21 ~

"I will love thee, O LORD, my strength."
~ Psalm 18:1 ~

Have a blessed Lord's Day!

20 comments:

Rox said...

Beautiful
Thanks for posting

Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle) said...

Beautiful post to our Lord on this fine Sunday! May blessings abound for you and for all.

Marci Smith said...

Amen!!

Mary said...

Thanks for sharing such a great message. God is LOVE! Blessings

Sylvia said...

Beautiful and Amen!
Thanks for sharing.

Roberta said...

Hi dear friend,
beautiful message.
Roberta

Sara Blevins said...

Dear Stepahnie, I was frustrated, really needed an answer. No matter what how I wanted to act lke I mad, I can't help but to praise him and love Him. What He has done has paid it for all. Thank you for the beautiful mesage of His love. I am sharing it, google +.

Lauren Davenport said...

Yes! How can I help but love him? For God so loved the world, that he gave his only son... so that we may have eternal life. What an amazing love.

Carol Z said...

Wishes for a bright and blessed Sunday!

Debbie said...

Lovely Stephanie. Have a Blessed Sunday!

Mrs R said...

Stephanie, thank you for such a lovely post. My heart overflows with His love and my prayer is to live a life pleasing to Him.

Kat said...

Lovely Son Day post!

Gwen said...

Hi,

I'm a new follower from Thumping Thursdays. Have a good week!

xo,
Gwen
http://junior-executive.blogspot.com
http://green-bellpepper.blogspot.com/

Debbie said...

What a lovely post today on the Lord's day Stephanie.
I am going to share that with the seniors Valentine Get Together. So beautiful!
Thank you for sharing this.

Love and blessings!

Antiques And Teacups said...

There is definitely something about the old hymns...we need the new and contemporary, but mustn't lose touch with the rich heritage of the past....
Ruth

momstheword said...

Beautiful post, my friend! That obviously is a song, although I confess it doesn't ring a bell with me. So I'm thinking I've never heard of it, or if I did it was too long ago. But lovely words so thanks for sharing!

Loving the verses you chose too! Thank you for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

Katie humor said...

So encouraging. I love posts like this. I needed this reminder today! :)
Katie~
http://dysfunctionsjunction.com

Katie humor said...

So encouraging. I love posts like this. I needed this reminder today! :)
Katie~
http://dysfunctionsjunction.com

Libby said...

Beautiful! It's always a joy to read and hear of God's love for His people. Thanks for sharing. :-)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Judith said...

Stephanie, you put a song in my heart!! I love the poem too. Thanks for linking up with WholeHearted Home this week. Have a wonderful Lord's Day tomorrow!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...