Sunday, January 27, 2013

Love For The Blessed Savior

My Jesus, I Love Thee

My Jesus, I love Thee, I know Thou art mine - for Thee all the follies of sin I resign;
my gracious Redeemer, my Savior art Thou: if ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, 'tis now.

I Love Thee because Thou hast first loved me and purchased my pardon on Calvary's tree;
I love Thee for wearing the thorns on Thy brow: if ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, 'tis now.

I'll love Thee in life, I will love Thee in death, and praise Thee as long as Thou lendest me breath;
and say when the death-dew lies cold on my brow, "If ever I love Thee, my Jesus, 'tis now."

In mansions of glory and endless delight, I'll ever adore Thee in heaven so bright;
I'll sing with the glittering crown on my brow, "If ever I loved Thee, my Jesus, 'tis now."
 ~ William Ralph Featherson ~
Free Digital Stamps

"And shall I use these ransomed powers of mine
for things that only minister to me?
Lord, take my tongue, my hands, my heart, my all,
and let me live and love for Thee."
~ Unknown ~

"But God, who is rich in mercy,
for his great love wherewith he loved us,
Even when we were dead in sins,
hath quickened us together with Christ,
 (by grace ye are saved;)"
~ Ephesians 2:4,5 ~

Praise the Lord for His precious love towards us!
Have a blessed Lord's Day!

9 comments:

The Cranky Queen said...

Words of wisdom & from the scripture... Thank you for sharing! Loved the unknown verse! Tiffany

Debbie said...

Beautiful Stephanie. Have a wonderful day!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful, there is no greater Love than that of Jesus!

Have a Blessed Sunday,Stephanie.

Hearts & Crafts Boutique said...

I love reading all of your posts...but especially the ones on Sundays. What a great way to get your heart prepared to worship the Lord!

Phylicia

Roberta said...

Thank you for sharing your thoughts !!
Have a lovely week,
Roberta

Debbie said...

I loved this post my dear! I am going to share it with the seniors for their Valentine's get together. That makes two now that I will be sharing. Thank you!!!

I loved the unknown quote, beautiful indeed.

Thank you for the lovely Sunday words of wisdom that you bring to us. I look forward to them greatly.

The Lord bless you!

Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle) said...

Beautiful words for a Sunday post!

Lauren Davenport said...

Praise the Lord!
Great post, thanks for sharing.

momstheword said...

Now THAT song I know! I remember it from when I was a kid and we went to a church that sang lots of hymns!

Beautiful song and beautiful words. Thanks so much for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...