Thursday, January 17, 2013

Roses For You

My darling husband and sweet son surprised me the other night
with these beautiful yellow roses.
Some have a red streak through the petals making them even more breath-taking.
I put the roses by my bed and each night as I fell asleep,
their sweet fragrance wrapped around me and lulled me into blissful sleep :)

I thought I would share my roses with you, lovely friends.
And there are a few poems throughout the pictures.

Please enjoy :)


As a flower in the garden
Bending toward the sun,
Unfolds it's tiny petals
One, by one, by one...
So faith expands it's beauty
Until at last it grows
Into life's lasting flower...
The heart's fair perfect rose.
~ Rebecca Helmann ~  




The Rose is gowned in petaled grace and lovely beyond telling;
She always lifts a friendly face, regardless of her dwelling.
Her golden silence can express to us, no matter where, joy shared;
Give solace in distress from those who fondly care. 
 The Rose has ways of saying things we much delight to hear;
without a spoken word, she brings and keeps our loved ones near
~ Laura S. Beck ~






It is only a tiny rosebud,
A flower of God's design,
But I cannot unfold the petals
With these clumsy hands of mine.
The secret of unfolding flowers
Is not known to such as I,
The flower God opens so sweetly,
In my hands would fade and die.
I cannot unfold a rosebud,
This flower of God's design,
Then how can I have wisdom
To unfold this life of mine?
So I'll trust Him for His leading
Each moment of every day
And I'll look to Him for His guidance
Each step of the pilgrim way.
For the pathway that lies before me
My heavenly Father knows
I'll trust Him to unfold the moments
Just as He unfolds the rose.
~ Anonymous ~








You love the roses - so do I. I wish
The sky would rain down roses, as they rain
From off the shaken bush. Why will it not?
Then all the valley would be pink and white
And soft to tread on. They would fall as light
As feathers, smelling sweet: and it would be
Like sleeping and yet waking, all at once.
~ George Eliot ~

25 comments:

Ana Lopes said...

Thanks so much dear Stephanie, those roses are too beautiful. I love yellow roses! Amazing photos!
Have a fabulous day!
Hugs from Portugal,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Sara Blevins said...

Stephanie, They are lovely! Thank you for sharing the Roses and the poems. Have a lovely weekend!

Sylvia said...

Beautiful roses,Stephanie, loved all the poems. Your son and husband are so dear to have given them to you! You are blessed.

Hugs, Sylvia

Debbie said...

Yellow roses are my favorite. Such a sweet husband and son! Enjoy them and have a wonderful day Stephanie!

Meeha Meeha said...

Breathtaking, indeed! The sun has come down and splashed in the snow :)
Funny thing, yellow flowers are my absolute favorite - many friends know this and I receive yellow roses for my birthday!

Delvalina said...

Those are enchanting!! I'm enchanted reading this post. :)

You're family is precious and been praying for you.

Blessing,
Delvalina

Debbie@Debbie-Dabble and A Debbie-Dabble Christmas said...

Just beautiful!!

Hugs,
Debbie

Debbie said...

Those are just lovely Stephanie! Beautiful photos and poems as well.
They looked so beautiful on the snow.

Have a wonderful day!

Merlesworld said...

Lovely roses.
Merle....

Julie Marie at Idyllhours said...

Those are so beautiful Stephanie, as are the lovely poems... xoxo Julie Marie

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Beautiful roses, I can almost feel the velvet petals. Lovely poetry to go along with it. ~ Abby

Carol Z said...

These are just beautiful. Enjoy and thanks so much for sharing.

Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle) said...

What a sweet gesture from your husband and son. Yellow roses are so happy. These are beautiful. Enjoyed the poems so much.

Mrs R said...

Such gorgeous roses! I've never seen ones quite like those. I love roses on the nightstand. Sweet dreams!

Delisa said...

Hi Stephanie! What delightful roses and the quotations are so beautiful. Thank you for sharing! My mother-in-law loves yellow roses too and I always think of her when I see them. Red roses used to be my most favorite but I have really become partial to pink in recent years, especially the large pink cabbage roses! Have a lovely evening. Delisa :)

Lauren Davenport said...

Gorgeous roses - thanks for sharing them with us :)

Hope said...

How lovely, Stephanie, I love yellow roses. You are so blessed with such sweet love. I am happy for you.

♥Hope
http://thesimplelifeofhope-updated.blogspot.com/

no spring chicken said...

So many ways to show off the yellow rose... in words and in pictures. You did a wonderful job!

Blessings, Debbie

An Ordinary Housewife said...

How sweet of your husband to purchase such beautiful yellow roses for you. I enjoyed reading the lovely poems as well.

Blessings! :)

Pamela said...

Oh how beautiful. The first flower my husband gave me was yellow roses so they are special to us.

Carol L McKenna said...

Thanks for sharing the magnificent roses ~ wonderful poetry and have a wonderful week ~ You are blessed.

(A Creative Harbor) ^_^

Kate M said...

How thoughtful to give you these beautiful roses. I love the tinge of red on the yellow - they are exquisite. Your photography skills are far better than mine - you do take exceptional photos!.
The poems are beautiful also.

Take care my friend
Love
Kate
xx

Kat said...

I love those roses so pretty!

Conniecrafter said...

what a wonderful surprise, I have never thought to put my flowers in my bedroom, what a lovely scent to fall asleep by. Love the poems to go with them, the touches of red on them is so neat!

amit said...

Oh my gosh !!!! The most beautiful roses I have ever seen. I have really stunned. Send them as a Valentine Day Flowers to your loved one and make them stun.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...