Monday, February 25, 2013

DIY - Vintage Lace Jewelry

I love vintage, I love lace, I love beads
so I put all three together and came up with some pretty jewelry :)
And it's easy to make!


Items needed:
decorative lace trim
beads
matching thread
button snap
scissors
needle
measuring tape
sewing machine


Okey dokey, here is what you will do...


Figure out the length you want for your necklace or bracelet.
You will want to cut a little extra.
Fold your lace in half according to the size of your beads
and sew together.


Place the beads in the sewn tube of lace
and find the middle of the lace with your tape measure.


Cut two pieces of thread and tie next the to bead.
Knot three times and keep the thread tight!
Do this until you have the amount of beads you desire for your necklace/bracelet.


The end result should look like this.


Now fold the ends in and trim so that it's straight.


Hand-sew the button snap onto the ends and you're finished.

~ Tip ~
If you make a necklace you can skip the button snap
and just tie the ends around your neck.
It looks cute either way :)







Everytime I have worn this necklace out in public
I have gotten many compliments.
I was at Hobby Lobby talking with the cashier and a customer
and they were asking how to make their own :)
It's a very eye-catching piece of jewelry.

21 comments:

Audrey said...

Really cute Stephanie. Bet you love wearing it and showing it off.
Thanks for sharing.
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

Heather@Tatter and Fray said...

Wow, that is gorgeous! I am in awe of your craftiness! :)

VFoley said...

oh how fun this is! I will be storing this to make with daughter! Thanks for sharing.

Vickie

Judy said...

Wow! This so gorgeous! Now follower your blog.

Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle) said...

You are so crafty! Love it. :)

momstheword said...

Wow, you are so clever! I would never have even thought of doing that. But it looks cute. You could even use colored lace too. Fun! You could even make drop earrings!

Thanks for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday today!

Lauren Davenport said...

Very pretty!

Karen said...

Very pretty, Stephanie, and it looks easy, too. The possibilities are endless with different colored beads and lace! Lovely xoxo

Gina said...

Stephanie, you are so creative! Love the antique look about them :-)

Debbie Harris said...

How cute is that!!! lovely, every bit of it!

Blessings!

Hope said...

Hello dear Stephanie,

I often wonder where you come up with all your ideas!!!

This is very creative! It must look lovely on you, too.

♥Hope

Jessica @ A Humble Creation said...

Stephanie, it's so lovely! You are so good at adding that sweet touch of crafty and feminine and making it look easy! Thanks for sharing at A New Creation!

Conniecrafter said...

very creative and pretty idea!!

Jazzmin said...

What a neat idea!! Absolutely beautiful. And so elegant with that lovely lace.

Love how feminine and pretty they turned out. Also I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but your photography and settings for your crafts are always amazing!

Blessings and hugs!
Have a wonderful night :)

Debbie said...

Very pretty! The possibilities are endless.

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

You took some great pictures. Lace is so feminine and romantic, so I can easily relate to your love for it. The jewelry is lovely!

XOXO,
Meredith

Lady Linda said...

Clever girl! SO cute. I have seen these with fabric and wasn't quite sure how to make one,,,now I know,
Thanks!
Linda

Terri said...

Hello Stephanie,
Oh they are lovely! What a sweet style to make and wear. Good feedback from Hobby Lobby!
Thanks for sharing how to do it as well.
Hugs,
Terri

Sara Blevins said...

That beautiful Stephanie! I like your smaller button, I am grabbing it. Have a wonderful Wednsday my sister!

Diana - FreeStyleMama said...

Pretty!

craftythriftydecoratingwifemom said...

So pretty and such a good idea! I have blue and white beads :-) and lace which I love. But I have major dust allergies so I can't decorate with it [sniff], jewelry I should be able to get away with. Found you from Saving for Six, you've got a new follower.
Janet
P,s. love the scriptures & pics.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...