Sunday, February 17, 2013

Seeing Our Lord Face To Face

"I think it is a great pity that the Master,
when He showered so many gifts upon you,
did not give you sight."
"Do you know," replied Fanny,
"if at birth I had been able to make one petition to my Creator,
it would have been that I should have been blind."
"Why?" asked the surprised clergyman.
"Because when I get to heaven, the first sight that shall ever gladden my eyes
will be that of my Savior!"
~ A conversation between a well-intentioned minister and Fanny Crosby ~

For Fanny, the anticipation of heaven was the joy of seeing her Lord face to face.

I am humbled by Fanny Crosby's response to the minister. 
When I think about it, Fanny was truly blessed.
To not see the corruption of the world 
and then to go to heaven and look upon the Heavenly Father,
her first sight, is a blessing and a gift.

Do we have that same anticipation, joy
and desire to see our Savior face to face?
I pray we do!
And I pray that we would look upon things that are good, right
and honoring to the Lord while we are on this earth.
God gave us sight and may we use it for His honor and glory.

This verse says it well,
"Thou wilt show me the path of life:
in thy presence is fulness of joy;
at thy right hand there are pleasures forevermore."
Psalm 16:11

Have a blessed Lord's Day!
source

Linking up with my dear friend:
Making Your Home Sing Monday

14 comments:

Delvalina said...

I really can't wait to stand before Him and see face to face!! I really can't wait for that moment :)
Thank you for sharing this beautiful post sister. I missed talking to you.
Happy Sunday!

Eva

Ashley~ said...

I love her positive attitude about what "normal" people call a disability! How grand to be able to focus on the Lord so much. Thank you for sharing Fannys point of view~

Debbie said...

Love this story. Thank you. Have a Blessed Sunday Stephanie!

Lauren Davenport said...

Some of my favourite poems were written by Fanny. I also enjoy her hymns. She was an amazing woman of faith. Thank you for sharing this.

Niki O'Reilly said...

Your lovely story this morning reminded me of one of the reasons I was able to be a peace with the death of my oldest son (not free of grief, but at peace). As a young man, he fell so in love with the Lord that he dreamed he was walking and talking with Him. He said that when he woke, he ached to see the face of God. And so, I knew that when he left us, he was in a joy beyond my imagining.

Mary said...

What a day that will be when my Savior I shall see, When He takes me by the hand and leads me to the Promised Land....Thank You Lord.
Have a wonderfully Blessed SonDay.

Conniecrafter said...

I can't even imagine the day, I think he will take my breathe away when I see him face to face!

Debbie Harris said...

Some beautiful comments here Stephanie.
I too look towards Heaven awaiting the time when I shall see my Savior face to face. While I am here on this earth may I walk to please my Savior, and to honor Him in all that I think, say and do.

Thank you for the lovely post.

Blessings my Dear!

Ceri G said...

New follower from the hop :)
Http://www.curvyguruceri.com/

VFoley said...

Hi Stephanie, What a powerful post! thank you for sharing this and walking in God's calling. Your blog is so inspiring! Oh the day we hear " Well done, good and faithful servant!"

Thank you for stopping by.
Vickie

Karen said...

A very lovely and inspiring post of faith, Stephanie. It lifts my heart. Blessings. xoxo

Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle) said...

Beautiful story that blesses us all. Hope you have a great week!

Kelly@CCCC said...

Beautifully said, Stephanie! Praying that God will bless you and your family! Have a beautiful week! Kelly xoxo

momstheword said...

No, on the one hand, I don't think that I hunger to see His face enough. I can get so "busy" with my life and all I do that I don't seek it as often as I should. But I suppose many of us don't.

On the other hand, I also remember that my life is to be lived for Him, and sometimes I just really long for Heaven and to be with Him, you know? Don't we all?

My friend is blind. She lost her sight in 8th grade, a very difficult thing for a young girl to go through, or anyone for that matter. Life is difficult for her as she's had other problems too, such as cancer.

Yet when she gets to Heaven, His will be the first face she has seen in over 40 years. What a joy that will be! I love that she will be healed, as will we all, when we get to Heaven.

Thank you for linking up to Making Your Home Sing Monday!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...