Monday, March 04, 2013

A Humble Creation {Guest Post}

 I am so happy to have Jessica write a post for my blog today.
We have just recently met and I have been thrilled to see how much she loves the Lord.
Her blog is full of crafts and tips and she is not afraid to talk about Jesus Christ.
She is a blessing to me and many others!
Please go visit her wonderful blog and say hello.


He Is Risen Journal and Free Printable
Hi, I’m Jessica from

and I’m honored and thankful to be here with you today at The Enchanting Rose. 
When Stephanie invited me to guest post, I was quick to say yes,
for her blog is such a warm and welcoming place to share creativity. 
I knew right away I would create a project with some of the passions I share with my hostess: 
Love for Jesus, love of music and hymns, and love of crafting!
A Humble Creation is my home to share those passions, with creations big and small,
my modest attempt to make life more beautiful and bring glory to my Creator. 
I hope you’ll join me there for inspiration and community! 
I have a little gift for you today to enjoy in time for Easter: a free printable He Is Risen cross!
 
~ Free printable for personal use - right click, hit save and then print. ~
The cross is made up of the lyrics of the hymn "When I Survey the Wondrous Cross,"
and proclaims the good news that Jesus is risen! 
This printable could be used in your home as a daily reminder or as part of this Easter season’s d├ęcor. When I created a subway art printable for New Year’s Day,
I covered a plain mat with fabric and framed it to display on my piano. 
While I really enjoyed the framed printable,
I thought it would be fun to try something different this time around.




Enter the DIY Journal! 
Here’s how to make your own.

Start by printing out the image on cardstock.  
This printable is designed to be printed as a 5 x 7 image (1500 x 2100 pixels);
if you want to print it in another size, you may need to make some adjustments so it fits correctly. 

Embellish a plain composition notebook. 
I purchased one from the grocery store for $1.

I then used the printable image, scrapbook paper I had on hand,
and crafting tape purchased on clearance at Michael’s after Christmas to give it new life. 

And of course, some Mod Podge!





When you cut the paper for your cover,
you may want to cut it with an extra inch to 1 & ½ inches
so you can wrap it over the front edge and adhere to the inside cover. 

This extra step will make it easier to pull the front cover nice and tight.
(I went back later and covered the inside cover as well so the writing was not visible).


Apply a light coat of Mod Podge to the back sides of the papers
and adhere to the front cover of the notebook.
I applied a thin strip of crafting tape along the edge
where the paper met the notebook’s binding to give it a smoother finish.

Use crafting tape, stickers, or other embellishments as desired.

After all the papers are adhered, coat the cover lightly with Mod Podge.
Allow it to dry well.

Spray the entire front cover lightly with an acrylic sealer. I used Mod Podge high gloss.

I covered the back of the notebook with a coordinating paper.
 One word of advice: don’t use spray adhesive!
Stick with the Mod Podge (yes, pun intended!).
There is some discoloration in one corner where I tried spray adhesive before I learned my lesson.
 
These notebooks would make really thoughtful, inexpensive, and personalized gifts.
I plan to make several more for some special ladies in my life in an array of colors. 

Check back at

next week to see how they turn out!

I hope you found inspiration today for a new way to use a printable image. 
Please feel free to click on the He Is Risen image, save, and print for personal use
in decorating or creating. 
I just ask that you please not use my image for commercial purposes. 

"But Christ has indeed been raised from the dead" 1 Corinthians 15:20
And we can rejoice! Happy Easter season!



12 comments:

Delvalina said...

This is wonderful DIY and nice gift for Easter. Maybe I could pin this. And I will check her blog once I get on my computer hehe.

Blessing.
Eva

JES said...

Absolutely lovely! Thanks for sharing :)

Anne Payne said...

Thank you for this inspirational idea! I am going to make one or two of these.

NanaDiana said...

What a beautiful idea and nice tutorial. Thanks-xo Diana

Karen said...

Hi Jessica, this is beautiful and would make a nice keepsake for Easter. Thanks you for sharing. xoxo

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

What a lovely printable - Thank you!

Debbie said...

Beautiful - thank you so much for sharing!

Jessica @ A Humble Creation said...

Thank you dear readers for your kind words! Glad you are enjoying the printable and tutorial. If it doesn't print clearly from here, you can try from my blog as well. I'm going to upload it directly to see if it maintains the same resolution. Thanks!
http://ahumblecreation.com

Conniecrafter said...

such a neat text, I love the idea of framing it, tfs!

Debbie Harris said...

Jessica, thank you for sharing this beautiful creation. I plan to use this for a senior group I do activities with, they will love it! What a blessing to have you on my daughters blog.

Blessings to you! Debbie

Ashley~ said...

Thank you! This is a wonderful idea to save on notebooks and still make them cute~

Lauren Lanker said...

Jessica, as always, your writing and creations exude the joy of the Lord! I love the idea of transforming a composition notebook into something personalized and customized for the season. The words of this hymn are so beautiful and such a great reminder of how awe-inspiring the cross is. Thank you for sharing this great printable and project!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...