Sunday, March 03, 2013

God Be With You

It is my joy in life to find at every turning of the road,
The strong arms of a comrade kind to help me onward with my load.
And since I have no gold to give, and love alone can make amends-
My daily prayer is, while I live,
"God, make me worthy of my friends.
~ Unknown ~
Often we hear someone tell us glibly to "have a good day!"
Would not a far better farewell for Christians be the loving wish of
"God be with you"?
No finer farewell can be expressed by Christians to one another
as they leave a place of worship than the sincere wish,
"God be with you till we meet again."
~Kenneth W. Osbeck ~
God Be With You
God be with you till we meet again, by His counsels guide, uphold you,
with His sheep securely fold you - God be with you till we meet again.
God be with you till we is wings protecting hide you,
daily manna still provide you - God be with you till we meet again.
God be with you till we meet again, when life's perils thick confound you,
put His arms unfailing round you - God be with you till we meet again.
God be with you till we meet again, keep love's banner floating o'er you;
smile death's threat'ning wave before you - God be with you till we meet again.
Chorus
Till we meet, till we meet, till we meet at Jesus' feet,
till we meet, till we meet - God be with you till we meet again.
~Jeremiah E. Rankin ~


I sang this song in Africa and what a blessing to know that someday
I will meet those dear African people again whether here on earth or up in glory.
Have a blessed Lord's Day!

* * * * *

I will be away from the blogging world for the next 2 weeks.
I have some wonderful guest posts coming up on the blog
and I hope you will enjoy these dear ladies.
Please make them feel at home here at The Enchanting Rose
and take a few moments to visit their delightful blogs.
Love and hugs to you, friends!
I will see you when I return. 
Stephanie

8 comments:

Sherri B. said...

We will miss you while you are gone but will enjoy meeting some new friends..Have a good 2 weeks! xo

Sara Blevins said...

Have a great time and God be with you!

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

God be with you till we meet again - such beautiful words to part with. Thank you, I was blessed reading this post.

Linda said...

I'll miss you Stephanie, but I pray your time away will be rich in blessing.

Jazzmin said...

Your Sunday posts- well all of your posts- but especially the things you share on Sundays are so encouraging to me! They truly brighten my day and my faith.

I have no doubt I will miss you over your time away from your blog, but I'm sure the guest posts will be wonderful :) Have a nice blogging-break!

Blessings and hugs!
~Jazzmin

An Ordinary Housewife said...

These quotes warmed my heart and soul.


Blessings! :)

Merlesworld said...

Have a good time see you when you get back.
Merle....

Debbie Harris said...

I enjoyed this post even though it was a day late! I too was reminded of our time in Africa. I remember when we sang that to the congregation, tears filled my eyes as I knew I would likely never see those precious people again this side of Eternity.
I am going to make it a habbit to say those words as I part from people.

Sure will miss you while you are away.

The Lord bless you

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...