Thursday, March 14, 2013

It's Good To Be Back

Hello dear blogging friends!
I am finally back after a nice two week break.
I have missed all of you a great deal!

Before I even begin this post I want to say THANK YOU to

Jessica

Lauren and Tom
Acts17v25
for being gracious and willing to write a guest post for my blog.
Each one is a treasure and precious blogging friend.
I hope you enjoyed them and their posts.
If you missed their guest posts, click on the links below.
JessicaDelvalinaLauren and TomAbbyNan

Anyway,
while I was away I would like to say that I went to a tropical  island 
and enjoyed the lovely sunshine and warm ocean.....
but I actually didn't go anywhere.
I stayed put in my cozy home with snow melting outside
and lots of mud to play in :)
My laptop needed a few repairs so I had to send it away to Texas.
Hopefully everything is back in tip-top shape.

I must say I thoroughly enjoyed my time away from the computer.
Isn't it amazing how quickly we become dependent on the Internet?
I am on the computer without really consciously thinking about it.
I drink a cup of coffee in the morning so I get on the computer,
it's lunch time so I get on again, 
more coffee in the afternoon and what do I do - get on the computer.
It's evening time so I had better get on again :)
My time away really opened my eyes 
to how much time I spend sitting looking at the computer screen.

A few things I enjoyed while being home but "away" was the time spent reading books.
I am a book-lover :)
When I climb into bed, I turn on my little reading light and will spend hours laying there reading. 
I was able to get 4 books read during the last two weeks.

I got quite a bit of sewing done.
A new Easter dress for me.
Isn't the fabric lovely?
A turquoise belt and a light pink cardigan will finish the look.
The dress was not planned....I stopped by Hobby Lobby and saw this beautiful fabric.
I knew I had to have it :)
In the end I spent about $20.00 for a new dress - not bad.
I also sewed up a skirt.
It's not my usual color (I like pastels),
but I actually like the Indian look and feel of it.
All I need is turquoise jewelry to finish the look.

Then I made a couple of pinwheel throw pillows with pretty flowers attached to the middle.
Rosie Girl likes the blue and yellow one :)

I was able to get my dead flowers pulled out of my garden.
I am very behind as this should have been done in the Fall.
I have no excuse for my lateness :)
Then my son and I cleaned/organized the shed and got a pile together for a yard sale.
It's been ages since we've had a yard sale so I think it's time to de-clutter.

I was also able to work on an Easter piano piece....Lord-willing it will be ready by Easter Sunday.
The song is Christ the Lord Is Risen Today
in the setting of G.F. Handel's Hallelujah from The Messiah.

All-in-all it was a very productive and relaxing two weeks.
This may sound silly, but I also did some soul-searching while I was away from the computer.
You see, I was going to finish making products for my Esty store 
that I had been setting up for the last month.
My goal was to finish things up and open by the end of this month.
But God had other plans and He used His Holy Word to show me :)
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.
For as the heavens are higher than the earth, 
so are my ways higher than your ways,
and my thoughts than your thoughts."
~ Isaiah 55:8,9 ~

The Lord brought to my attention that I was doing what I wanted to do
and had forgotten to pray about this matter 
and to take it to the Lord for His approval and direction - to see what He wanted.
As I stated earlier, I realized the precious time I was spending on the computer
and the Lord showed me how much more time I would be spending 
trying to keep an Etsy shop full with handmade goods.
I don't want to miss out on family moments and daily living.
My God and my family come first and I am thankful for the Lord' gentle reminder
and His precious leading :)

I am reminded of the quote I shared last Sunday:

One reason we are so harried and hurried 
is that we make yesterday and tomorrow our business, 
when all that legitimately concerns us is today.
 If we really have too much to do,
there are some items on the agenda which God did not put there.
Let us submit the list to Him and ask Him to indicate which items we must delete.
There is always time to do the will of God.
If we are too busy to do that, we are too busy.
~ Elisabeth Elliot - Secure in the Everlasting Arms ~

So to sum it all up, I think know the Lord had His hand in all of this
right down to needing to send my laptop off for repairs
because He knew I needed that time to see things through His eyes.

I apologize for the lengthy post.
I guess I needed to share some of my heart with you sweet friends.
I am glad to be back and I look forward to visiting with all of you.

Enjoy your weekend.
Much love to you!

24 comments:

Rosewalk Cottage said...

The dress turned out nice and I love the pretty fabric. Have a lovely rest of the week.
~Clara

Elizabethd said...

Your dress is delightful, such pretty fabric.
I'm sure that a time away from the computer can only be of benefit. It does eat up time that could be better spent!

Merlesworld said...

You have been busy, the computer does take up a lot of time but I spend time on it when I'm eating breakfast and lunch.
The dress is very pretty and will look good with a cardy and belt, you will be able to wear a lot of different colours with it for different looks and the little pillows are very sweet.
Merle.......

Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle) said...

My goodness you have been busy! So productive and creative. Love the dress and can just imagine that turquoise belt to give it the perfect look. I often feel guilty knowing how much more productive I can be if I stay off the grid. I have no problem leaving the computer to go on a photography outing, but everything else revolves around that. Hmmm....thanks for the reminder! You were missed, btw and I'm sorry I didn't get around to reading the guest posts. That was mighty generous of those sweet souls to do that for you.

Hope said...

Wow, you certainly did get a lot done!

I love your Easter dress - such pretty fabric!

Nice to "see" you again.

:) Hope

Jazzmin said...

Stephanie, that is wonderful that you enjoyed your blogging break and got a lot done! Your dress is absolutely beautiful, so Springy!

Finding time to read is something I have a hard time with, but it's so nice when you get that cozy, relaxing time to just get into a good book. I see a Francine Rivers in your pile- her books looks wonderful, I hope to read something from her someday.

Your guest posts were such a blessing, but it is wonderful to have you back :) And thank-you so much for sharing your experience with the passage in Isaiah- that is such an encouragement and a good reminder.

Blessings and hugs to you!!
~Jazzmin

Debbie said...

Beautiful dress Stephanie. I love the fabric. Glad you had such a wonderful two weeks and happy to see you back!

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

Great work on that dress - the print is gorgeous and feminine. As far as the staying away from the computer...I'm right there with you. It's so refreshing to spend time away from blogging and FB, etc. We really do get caught up in that, which is so not God's purpose for us! (Perhaps I'll take a hiatus...Lol!)

XOXO,
Meredith

P.S. Do you seriously have a mountain in your backyard? In Oklahoma City, it's f-l-a-t. I can't imagine seeing a mountain in the distance even.

Sherri B. said...

It is good to have you back..I so enjoyed this post, filled with so many wonderful reminders of how God wants to be in every part of our lives.

Your sure can sew well, your dress is so pretty and a very cute skirt too.

Hope you have a lovely weekend! xo

Lady Linda said...

Welcome back! I missed you too. Your dress is adorable and such a pretty fabric. We don't have Hobby Lobby out here! I'm always impressed with the things people post about it. My SIL in Illinois raves about it and we've never been able to visit while I've been there.
I'm glad you had some time to think reflect when you were without your computer. I think we need that sometime.
Much love,
Linda

Hope said...

Hello,

I have changed my blog URL one last time.

I felt that my last one was too long and complicated.

Could I trouble you to update your reading/blog list?
http://thesimplelifeofhope-publication.blogspot.com/

Sorry for the trouble~
:( Hope

Anne Payne said...

It is good to have you back but your guests did a fine job warming the blog fires while you were "gone".

It sounds as if you accomplished the most important of all, heeding the Lord's will! Computers are great tools but they do often take over. I know I am guilty of that so thank you, sweet friend, for a gentle but needed reminder about where my own priorities should be. {{hugs}}

Ashley~ said...

You are going to look Beautiful in that dress~
I am blessed to know The Lord is working in your heart and you are growing in Him. Missed you, but your guest posts were wonderful and encouraging- I hope to continue to follow some :)

harleygirl said...

Thank you for sharing this. :) I have been hearing a lot of instruction from the Lord lately, too. It's been 2 years now since I got rid of my facebook, and the only sites I really use are blogger and pinterest, so I don't waste a lot of time on the computer anymore. The Lord has been guiding me to do more family-oriented things--making soap, learning to knit, sewing things...all things I thought I couldn't do! Amazing the ability we have when we just listen to His guidance! :) I am glad that you have been able to hear and discern. It's always refreshing to hear how the Lord works in people's lives. Your sewing is so amazing. And thanks again for your testimony. :)

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

I really like your sewing projects!! Simply beautiful. I'm glad you were so blessed with your time away from the Internet.

Sara Blevins said...

I love the dress. The color is lovely. True, how much time we spend on the computer. I glad you are back my friend and thank you for visiting my blog.

Conniecrafter said...

I know I would get alot more done around the house if I wasn't on the computer so much, you can get caught up in things and time just flies. Sometimes we need that break from things in the world to be able to hear what God is saying to us, glad you had the time and was able to put things in the order they should be. Your dress is just lovely, and wow 4 books that is something.

Natalie said...

What a sweet and thought provoking post. It is so easy to get off the path isn't it? God is so faithful to help us get back into focus and see what He desires for us. His ways are always so much better and the sooner we "get it" the more He will use us for His glory. I'm still learning to "get it" and trusting the Lord to always bring me along to where I need to be, conformed to the image of His dear Son. God bless!
PS Your dress is sooo pretty I love that fabric, too!

Jessica @ A Humble Creation said...

Welcome back, Stephanie! Your breath of fresh air and sweet, loving spirit were missed by many! Thank you for your kind words...you are such a dear friend to me too!

Glad you had time of reflection. I am struggling with the similar balance of time and where best to be used to His glory too. Your sewing is stunning! I'm amazed you accomplished so much in 2 weeks. Please do share a picture of you in your new dress at Easter!
Hugs to you, my Sister,
Jessica

kitty said...

It looks like your time "away" was so worthwhile Stephanie! You got so much accomplished and listened to God's Word! xo

JES said...

Stephanie, I LOVE your dress! The fabric is lovely and feminine :) and most importantly, modest :) Have a wonderful week!

Kate M said...

My but you have been busy - I love the fabric that you made your Easter dress in.
I have been seeing my grandchildren quite a lot these past few weeks and it has been wonderful.
xx

Debbie said...

Beautiful post! From the Easter picture, to the lovely Easter dress down to the reflections from God's Word and your heart. May the Lord bless you as you have chosen to follow His guiding.
I missed you while you were away!!! But, I so enjoyed your guests. I too was away during the last two guests and must go back and see their posts yet.
Thank you to all those women who shared with us.

You will look so beautiful in that dress! You are amazing!

Love & Blessings!

Karen said...

Dear Stephanie, I was very touched by this post. First of all, you spent your time doing lovely things with your hands, creating beautiful and useful things. I love the dress and skirt and pillows - so pretty and a good use of time and money saved. I do know what you mean about spending too much time on the computer and not being aware. It is so important to reflect on what is the most valuable use of our limited time here. Spending time with family and loved ones can never be replaced. I admire you for putting your family first.

Thank you for sharing these thoughts. Although we love our blogging friends, we do need to keep balance and you are an inspiration for all of us.

Hugs, xoxo

Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...