Monday, March 25, 2013

Jesus Paid It All

I hear the Savior say, "Thy strength indeed is small!
Child of weakness, watch and pray; find in Me thine all in all."

Lord, now indeed I find Thy pow'r, and Thine alone,
can change the lepers spots and melt the heart of stone.

For nothing good have I whereby Thy grace to claim;
I'll wash my garments white in the blood of Calv'ry's Lamb.

And when before the throne I stand in Him complete,
"Jesus died my soul to save," my lips shall still repeat.

Chorus:
Jesus paid it all, all to Him I owe.
Sin had left a crimson stain - He washed it white as snow.
~ Elvina M Hall ~

{Image Courtesy of Antique Images}

Jesus paid it ALL!
He did not pay for half and expect us to finish the payment - He paid it all.
Forgiveness and salvation is offered through the shed blood of our Savior.
All to Christ I owe!

Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus:
Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood,
to declare his righteousness to the remission of sins that are past,
through the forbearance of God.
~ Romans 3:24-25 ~

The Ninety and Nine

There were ninety and nine, that safely lay
In the shelter of the fold,
But one was out on the hills away,
Far off from the gates of gold -
Away on the mountains wild and bare,
Away from the tender Shepherd's care,
Away from the tender Shepherd's care,

"Lord, Thou hast here Thy ninety and nine:
Are they not enough for Thee?"
But the Shepherd made answer: "This if mine
Has wandered away from me,
And although the road be rough and steep,
I go to the desert to find my sheep,
I go to the desert to find my sheep."

But none of the ransomed ever knew
How steep were the waters crossed;
Now how dark was the night that the Lord passed thro'
Ere He found His sheep that was lost:
Out in the desert He heard its cry -
Sick and helpless, and ready to die,
Sick and helpless, and ready to die.

"Lord, whence are those blood drops all the way
That mark out the mountains track?"
"They were shed for one who had gone astray
Ere the Shepherd could bring him back:"
"Lord, whence are Thy hands so rent and torn?"
"They're pierced tonight by many a thorn,
They're pierced tonight by many a thorn."

But all through the mountains, thunder-riv'n,
And up on the rocky steep,
There arose a glad cry to the gate of heaven,
"Rejoice! I have found my sheep!"
And the angels echoed around the throne
"Rejoice! For the Lord brings back His own,
Rejoice! For the Lord brings back His own!"
~ Elizabeth C. Clephane ~

May each and every one of you have a special Monday :)
Love to you!

12 comments:

Debbie Harris said...

What an absolutely beautiful post Stephanie! You made me cry this morning. Though, they are tears of great joy in Christ Jesus my Savior.
I nearly thought that was you playing the piano. :)

Thank you for starting my Monday so wonderfully!

I love you! Mom

Debbie Harris said...

Very nice. Dad. Is that you on the piano:)

Debbie said...

Beautiful Stephanie. Thank you.

J said...

I am watching "The Bible" on the History Channel and last night's show has stayed with me and given me peace unlike any other. Your post is a beautifully written follow up to that experience. A Blessed Easter to you, Stephanie!

Meeha Meeha said...

Thank you, Stephanie, this is very uplifting to start on Monday - and the melody goes straight to my heart!

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

It is such a blessing to see your love for our Lord. God bless you.

Ashley~ said...

I can't wait until we can Stand before the Throne, complete in Him~

NanaDiana said...

Very beautiful, Stephanie-xo Diana

Chenille Cottage said...

Oh, how beautiful! Such a loving tribute to our precious Lord, Savior, Redeemer and Messiah!

Thank you for the heavenly music...It baths my soul with God's peace.

Happy Easter!
Carolynn xo

Niki O'Reilly said...

These were lovely thoughts to wake and read this morning. Thank you.

Tea in Texas said...

Glad you have given us a special post for Easter! I love the Poem. We attended a devotional at the nursing home with my mother and it was also inspirational! Thanks for sharing and have a Happy Easter!

Pam

Jessica @ A Humble Creation said...

Beautiful reminder! I love that hymn. We were just playing it on our piano and singing at home this week...of course with little fingers "helping"!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...