Monday, March 11, 2013

Little Birdie Blessings {Guest Post}

Today's guest post is written by Abby
and I am so blessed to have her write a post for my blog.
Her blog has been a beautiful encouragement and inspiration to me
as well as her sweet friendship.
She is a woman after God's own heart.
Please take a few moments to go visit her blog and say hello.

Greetings ~ Abby here from
I was delighted and honored that Stephanie asked me to be a guest on her blog this week.
I recently became acquainted with Stephanie and her blog.
When I saw the Victorian images paired up with scriptures,
I knew we were going to be friends.
I offer free vintage images on my blog and enjoy designing digital art with them
by adding scripture, hymns, or inspiration.
Each week I share "Scripture Thursday" which is a particular
scripture, devotion and usually a free graphic to go along with it.
Some of my blog inspiration comes from my husband's grandmother,
a woman I never had the opportunity to meet.
From his accounts, she was a Godly woman, and I somehow feel that I know her as she raised him,
and her character is evident through him.
Her name was Violet, and I have a small stationary box that belonged to her.
The box is filled with snippets of poems and notes from her Bible readings.
Some she had authored herself, others she had copied, or cut out of magazines.
One of the things in the box was a Victorian card dated 1888 of a Goldfinch, shown below.
Free Victorian Graphic of Goldfinch
My bird feeders are filled with goldfinches each spring and summer
and I never tire of watching them.
The back of this card tells of this little bird in such a sweet way by describing them as social birds
who are always found with several companions,
and alight on a branch to pour forth their sweet little song.
Free Graphic - Back of Goldfinch Card
Here is a poem that was obviously dear to my husband's grandmother at one time,
as she took the care to cut it out and place it in her treasured box.
My Lord and I
I have a Friend so precious, so very dear to me.
He loves me with such tender love, He loves so faithfully.
I could not live apart from Him, I love to feel Him nigh.
And so we dwell together, My Lord and I.
Sometimes I'm faint and weary, He knows that I am weak.
And as He bids me lean on Him, His help I gladly seek;
He leads me in the paths of light, beneath a sunny sky.
And so we walk together, My Lord and I.
He knows how much I love Him, O that I loved Him well;
But with that love He loveth me, My tongue can never tell;
It is an everlasting love, In ever rich supply,
And so we love each other, My Lord and I.
~ Author Unknown
Thank you again Stephanie, for inviting me to be a guest here.
It has been a delight.
To visit Abby and her beautiful blog just click on the link below.


19 comments:

Chenille Cottage said...

Thank you for the heart warming post. Such a lovely way to start my week...
Blessings,
Carolynn xo

Sherri B. said...

Thank you Stephanie, for having Abby do a guest post, I so enjoyed her sharing the treasures she found in the special box. xo

Lady Linda said...

How fun to read Abby's post. Very sweet and tender. Thanks!

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Thank you sweet Stephanie. It's been a delight to be a guest on your blog today. Blessings to you. ~ Abby

Hope said...

Abby,

How wonderful of you to share Violet's Victorian treasures with us!

So good to see you here!

:) Hope

Noelle the dreamer said...

Abby, as always I am delighted to discover yet another of your treasures! Thank you Stephanie for a lovely post! God bless,

craftythriftydecoratingwifemom said...

Thank you for your guest post at The Enchanting Rose! I recently found her and now, through her, I've found you! Another kindred spirit I think.
I have roses growing outside my front door, love lace (what originally brought me yo Stephanie) and love the scriptures I delightedly found here. Be seeing you at your place!
Janet

Vee said...

It must be a very special way to "meet" such an important woman in your husband's life by reading and enjoying the poems and Scriptures she held dear.

Stephanie has a beautiful blog. I'm going to spend a little time looking around.

Karen said...

What sweet treasures from Violet's box! What a lovely keepsake and so nice to share with us! A little lift to the spirit to start out the week. xoxo

Natalie said...

Thanks for having Abby share with your readers, she always has something encouraging and uplifting to say. What a precious story about her husband's grandmother.

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there - thanks so much Abby for your post and most of all for that beautiful poem have pasted into a post and may one day blog it and link over to here - so beautiful the treasure of loved ones who we will meet one day in glory thanks again,
Shaz in Oz.x

JES said...

What a sweet post! I love grandmother already too! Thanks for sharing these trinkets :)

Ashley~ said...

Thank you for that poem. What a great love our Lord loves us with - one that we will never understand but will always be there~

Sü Smith said...

Oh yay! I'm so excited to have found this blog through Abby's guest post. It is always wonderful to discover blogs and blog authors with as Abby put it "a love for God".

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

Lovely.

Leah Rose said...

Hello! I just joined your blog and am so excited! We have a lot in common-from being sisters in Christ, to enjoying many of the same things: Roses, pretty vintage crafts, and believe it or not, my children and I just got started making yo-yo's:)

My blog isn't open yet, but I 'll sure be enjoying yours!:)

Blessings!

Pamela said...

Violet's box is such a treasure. I'm so happy you shared the blessing with us. A beautiful poem. Cheered my heart thinking about my Lord--dwelling with, walking with and loving!

Pamelyn said...

It's a "double blessing" to find your beautiful blog and read more of Abby's treasures! Thanks for sharing God's love in such a special way...
~Pamelyn

momstheword said...

What a sweet post! So happy to "meet" Abby and I will have to pop over to her blog and pay a visit.

What a lovely name "Violet" is, and what a blessing that part of her still lives on in someone she never even met! :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...