Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Pretty New Dress

I just recently came across an amazing online clothing site called eShakti
and received a dress from them.


But before I tell you about their wonderful clothing,
I'll tell you a little bit about my "pickiness" :)
(yes, I can be picky).

You see, I have a hard time finding clothes that fit nice and lady-like
because I am somewhat tall and I have a looooong torso.
Most things are too short and too low.
It's hard for me to find dresses or skirts that are below the knee
which is the way I like them.
I also have a difficult time finding shirts that are high or long enough.

So when I came across eShakti I was THRILLED
because they offer customization on their clothing to suit YOU.
If it's too short for your taste, you can have them lengthen it
or if it's too long for you, you can shorten it.
If you don't like the neckline, you can change it.
Want a different sleeve-type, no problem, they have lots of options to choose from.
You can also get pockets or have them removed.
I love pockets so I was very excited to get them on the dress.

The dress you see me wearing in these pictures 
(which I felt funny taking, but my sweet husband helped me out)
was originally a dress that was above the knee with no sleeves.
I chose to have it made below knee length and I had sleeves put on.
How fun is that?


I was very pleased with the detail on the dress.
Isn't the waistband lovely?
I feel like I have a teeny tiny waist with the design (what girl doesn't like that?)
And the gold buttons and pleats are the perfect touch.

(do you see Rosie Girl by my legs? She likes to get her picture taken).


 I love the fact that eShakti is willing to work with their customers
and all of our different body shapes.

Since I have trouble finding clothes that fit 
I wanted to share with all of you about eShakti
because I know there are other ladies out there that have the same struggle.
eShakti makes it so easy and their clothing is adorable and well-made.

(I am loving the pockets).

I would highly recommend eShakti.
If you are new to their site 
then you can register and receive $25.00 off your first purchase.
I hope you are able to visit them and find something you like.
I am sure you will be very pleased with their clothing :)


Have a blessed day, sweet friends!

33 comments:

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

This dress looks great on you! I found a dress I love on the website too and now I need to get it ordered.

Debbie said...

That dress fits you just perfect! I love the waistband. I will have to go and check them out.

Sherri B. said...

That is a very sweet dress and looks so nice on you. I too have problems with clothing but for the opposite reasons as you. I am short but full figured which throws everything off. I went to the website and am very impressed. The prices are fair with a lovely variety of styles. Thank you for sharing with us.

Happy first day of Spring! xo

Lauren Nelson said...

I love your dress! That is so cute and looks great on you! I am tall with a long torso too and eShakti is perfect for us tall girls!

Christina said...

Thank you so much for sharing this!
I rarely like things I right find off the rack - and can't sew (despite many attempts) so this site is perfect- I've already fallen in love with a few dresses and skirts-
You look adorable!

Elizabethd said...

It is a lovely dress. They have so many attractive models.....but, sadly they don't ship internationally.

Hope said...

Yes, you look lovely in your pretty new dress. The yellow sweater is especially delightful complementing the gold buttons.

I have never used this company, but I think it is fantastic that will make alterations on their designs to suit you.

:) Hope

Katia said...

Un vestitino very, very nice....molto carino!

Debbie said...

Well, if you don't look adorable! That dress fits you perfectly. You know me and my body problems... well, I must check this site out.
Thank you for sharing, and it was good to see Miss Rosie!

Blessings!

Isobel Morrell said...

The dress colour suits you, never mind the ability to have it fit you! Great find for you and hope you'll be able to use them a long time. I find that just when I discover something like EShafti, they then go out of business, because there are not enough folks who know about them. Hope your post helps keep them going so you can buy lots more from them!

Isobel: www.ColdhamCuddliescalling.blogspot.com

Vicky Hunt said...

What a lovely dress! It is beautiful on you...:) Your shoes are too cute! Thanks for sharing the website....I'll check it out!

Blessings, Vicky
Life On Willie Mae Lane

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

The dress looks tailor-made for you! Lovely!!

Mrs. A. said...

I love the dress. And it really does fit you perfectly! Thanks for sharing. I'll have to go check out that site! :)

Anne Payne said...

You are so cute, Stephanie! That dress is perfect for you. It's very flattering and lady-like. But the cream of the crop....your SHOES!!! Love them :)

Jazzmin said...

What a wonderful post!! The dress is SO lovely and you look beautiful! Just when I thought it couldn't be any more pretty and ladylike, I scrolled down to the photo where you added the cardigan... love!

Thankyou for sharing this, I have the exact same problem you described... being very tall, having a really long torso. I know what you mean about having trouble finding things long enough. I often have to buy a dress or shirt in a lot bigger of a size just so it will be long enough. Thank goodness for sewing our own clothes, and for this site! Sounds amazing, being able to basically tailor things to you.

Have a beautiful day, Stephanie!!

Hugs to you,
Jazzmin

Sylvia said...

What a great store, so glad you found it. You look beautiful in that dress and you do have a teeny tiny waist.I did see Rosie, she is sweet.

Conniecrafter said...

very cute dress, wow how neat that you can just tell them what you would like added and customize to your taste, love the sweater with it too!

Pamelyn said...

Lovely dress on you! Love it with the yellow sweater too. Thanks for sharing!

Sandra said...

What a beautiful dress and model, too! I really like the detail such as the waist. Thanks for sharing the site. I'm off to check it out.

An Ordinary Housewife said...

This dress looks adorable, and you look great in it as well!

Blessings!

Libby said...

This is a beautiful dress! I too have a hard time finding clothes that fit and also fit my personal standard. I've just started hearing about this clothing site, so it really must be a great place. Also, you are beautiful and I love all the photos. :-)

kitty said...

You looks simply enchanting, Stephanie! I love the dress on you and it's so cute with the sweater. xo

Mrs. Smith said...

Cute, cute!! I love the dress on you and the pictures are so good too! Thank you for sharing the link! Take care, dear Stephanie!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hi there Stephanie - ah yes so agree with you a beautiful dress am am sure is comfy too as well as beautiful..Shaz in oz.x

Niki O'Reilly said...

I visited the site. What a great idea, and such feminine styles. Of course you look wonderful in your new dress and it is perfect for you. BTW - I also love those shoes.

Karen said...

You look very sweet in your new dress, Stephanie! And how nice of Rosie to pose along with you! Thank you for sharing this, it is difficult to find custom clothing, especially when you are an 'older' gal who doesn't want to dress 'too young'. I will take a peek.

xoxo Karen

JES said...

Real cute dress! A 50's looks with a tailored twist :)

Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle) said...

Wow! That dress looks perfect on you, really accentuating your waist. It's a great look on you! And the yellow sweater gives a nice splash of color. Beautiful!

Grace and Tea For Me said...

Thank you for your lovely post. May I please ask you a question? I love your dress and looked for it on their web site and I didn't seem to find it. Did you purchase it a long time ago and now they do not carry that style, or am I just missing it altogether? I want to buy one of their dresses and would like to know if they run true to size or do they run big/small compared to the department store.

You do look nice in your dress and I especially love your dress with the pretty yellow sweater.

Thank you!

Mrs. B

Kara said...

Very pretty :)

Jessica White said...

Thanks for the info, Stephanie. You look darling in that dress! It fits you perfectly and you do have such a teeny tiny waist. Unlike you, I am on the short side and I have trouble with clothes fitting too. I'm going to check them out! Love that you can find a dress there that is stylish and still modest. Thanks!

Sara Blevins said...

You look lovely! What a nice feminen dress. I will have to check it out. Blessings my friend~

Dayle Allen Shockley @ A Collection of Days said...

Love the dress. You look like a model. Hubby did good.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...