Monday, March 18, 2013

The Meaning Of Easter Decor

Easter is such a wonderful time of the year.
How blessed we are to be able to give thanks to a Savior
that willingly died on the cross for you and me
and then be able to celebrate His resurrection three days after His death.
Jesus Christ did not stay in the tomb, but had victory over death,
and is now in heaven preparing a place for those that put their faith and trust in Him.
Oh what joy and blessed peace we have because of our loving Savior, Jesus Christ!


I made a framed story of Jesus dying on the cross, being buried in the tomb 
and then rising three days later.
I thought it would add a nice decoration and reminder to my home
since this is what Easter is all about.

I have it displayed at the front door
so it's the first thing someone will see when they come to my home :)

To make one you will need:

picture frame with three places for pictures
card stock
fabric (or paper)
flowers and birds
Mod Podge
paint brush or sponge
scissors

Cut card stock to the size of each picture spot.
I cut three at 4 x 6.

I used fabric for each cut out.
(you could use paper instead of fabric).

I then applied Mod Podge with a sponge to the back of the fabric
and placed it onto the card stock.
I added flowers and birds for the finishing touch.

On the bottom I wrote out parts from 1 Corinthians 15:3,4

"For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received,
how that Christ died for our sins,
according to the Scriptures:
And that he was buried,
and that he rose again the third day
according to the scriptures."


I hope the pictures are okay.
I must say it's very difficult taking photos of glass since everything glares
or reflects back :)
 
Linking up with:


15 comments:

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

What a great display for Easter!

Sarah Louise said...

That is absolutely beautiful Stephanie. Thank you so much for sharing. x

Vicky Hunt said...

What a sweet way to display such an precious story! I absolutely love this! Thanks for sharing how you made it too...:) BTW....the pics are great! I would love it if you would stop by for a visit sometime!

Blessings, Vicky
Life On Willie Mae Lane

Mary said...

I just love this!! I'm going to try to make one, we'll see if it will turn out well enough to display. Thanks for sharing! Have a blessed week.

Antiques And Teacups said...

I love it Stephanie! Perfect! So nice to have the meaning of the holiday (holy-day) so clearly illustrated. Wonderful!
Ruth

Debbie said...

It's beautiful Stephanie, just perfect for the holiday.

NanaDiana said...

Amen, Stephanie- I think sometimes we get so caught up in bunnies and eggs and candy that we tend to shove the real meaning of Easter to the back shelf. Beautiful piece of artwork- xo Diana

Kate M said...

This is so beautiful!
Lovely to hear from you my friend
xx

Hope said...

Stephanie,

What a lovely way to share Jesus with visitors to your home!

Thank you for your two wonderful visits to my blog this morning. It is such a pleasure to see you!

♥Hope

Mrs. Sarah Coller said...

This is wonderful! I want to make one too! Hope you're having a happy day. This week's Homemaking Linkup is live and ready for whatever you've got to share!

Blessings,
Mrs. Sarah Coller

Lauren Nelson said...

I enjoy every DIY tutorial that you do, but this is one of my favorites! So beautiful and so simple! Great job as always!!

Conniecrafter said...

Such a Beautiful piece to greet your guest as they come to your home, showing the reason we celebrate this special time, there aren't many good easter decorations that involve our Lord's greatest gift to us, and you did a wonderful job with your creation!

Karen said...

A lovely reminder of the true meaning of Easter. A beautiful keepsake. Thanks for sharing, Stephanie.

Hope your day is lovely.

xoxo Karen

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Hullo there Stephanie - well what a blessing to find your blog Via Amy of Little Birdee Blessings) and thanks so very much for popping over and encouraging me by joining the Wonderful Encouragers of my blog..

I love this collage - truly beautiful and a very precious reminder!

Will link over to your blog as welcome on my next post, love Shaz in Oz.x

Jessica @ A Humble Creation said...

It's beautiful, Stephanie! What a wonderful display and I really like that you used fabric. Will be planning a similar project for my home! Thanks.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...