Monday, April 01, 2013

Natural Honey Hair Shine

Wintertime can be so harsh on your hair especially if you live in a dry climate.
It's easy for hair to become dry, dull and lifeless.
I am all about using good and natural products on my hair and body
since whatever we put on goes in.

It's Springtime, lets get our hair looking lovely with some natural honey hair shine :)


Honey is one of my favorite things to use for beauty care.
It's great for your face - you can use is as a mask -
and it's wonderful for your hair.

This honey shine will moisturize and brighten your hair.

Items needed:
1 - 2 teaspoons organic honey
4 cups warm water
squeeze of lemon juice, if desired

All you need to do is mix the ingredients together
and after shampooing, pour over your hair.
Don't rinse out and dry as normal.

Easy peasy! :)

Bzzzz.....said the bee :)

Come back tomorrow - I have a delightful surprise.
Love to you all!

Linking up with:

14 comments:

Debbie said...

I have never tried this but then I didn't have a tried and true recipe either! Thanks and I love the little bee. Have a wonderful day, Steph!

Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle) said...

Honey has so many wonderful health benefits, but this one I was unaware of. I was eating dessert at a Mexican restaurant the other day, outside in the wind, and some honey got in my hair leaving it very sticky. I guess mixing it with water and lemon juice is the trick! Thanks!

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

This is a fantastic idea! I'm going to try it tomorrow. Thank you!

Christina said...

ooh I never heard of using honey in hair- I recently made a lip treatment with honey and olive oil-
will try this to defrizz!

Sarah Louise said...

I definitely need to try this! My hair is so dry, all of the time! Thanks for sharing. :) x

Debbie Borthwick said...

I've never heard of using honey & lemon on hair! Tea, yes, but not hair. lol I'll have to give it a try, mine is so dry right now. Thanks for the recipe, Stephanie! :)

kitty said...

I need to tell my daughter about this treatment, Stephanie! Thanks for sharing and have a lovely day. xo

Elizabethd said...

I'm always interested to hear of a new way of using honey. I love it.

Jessica @ A Humble Creation said...

Interesting tip, Stephanie! One question though...does it attract bees? I know that sounds a little silly, but I had problems with bees chasing me on vacation while carrying a diet coke, and I fear they would head for my head with this natural product. Any thoughts?!

I'm intrigued that you have a surprise a'comin'!

Deanna said...

wow, this is easy, bet it makes your hair shine & smell so nice. thanks for sharing this lovely tidbit.

Debbie Harris said...

What a fun and natural way to shine up my hair! I just love the bee looking up at you in the picture, very cute!

Will have to give this a try for sure.

Love you!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Oh Stephanus bought some beautiful rainforest honey from our health food store today makes me tempted to try it have lemons on my tree and hair that need shine...


... does it stop tangles too as my hair needs something that stops tangles, and moisturises it as is very dry... love Shaz in Oz.x

momstheword said...

Wow, never heard of this before. And you don't rinse it out? Amazing! Thanks so much for linking up to "Making Your Home Sing Monday" today! :)

Zaa said...

OMG Stephanie ..I must try this one...I use honey on my face but have never tried it on my hair ..Thank You for sharing this old world beauty tip...HUGS

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...