Thursday, April 11, 2013

Scripture Jar

Scripture is wonderful to have out at all times
since it's not always possible to get to a Bible.


With all that has taken place in my life recently,
I thought now would be a perfect time for me to make one for myself and family members.
It's amazing what verses of love, encouragement and comfort can do for a sad heart.
It's always better to think upon that which is pure, lovely, and of good report (Philippians 4:8).
When I keep my thoughts on Christ
I am keeping myself from falling into deep sadness and troubled thoughts.

My mom likes posting verses on her bathroom mirror, in cupboards and in closets.
I love visiting her because I know I will find a verse when I open a cupboard door.


With this jar, all you have to do is pull out a stick
and the verse and reference are written on it.
A great way to be blessed and renewed while on the go.
Also a great way to memorize Scripture.

It's very easy to make and will make your life more full
with God's sweet blessings.

Items needed:
glass jar
paper
Mod Podge
large Popsicle sticks (available at craft stores)
paint
paintbrush
marker
hot glue gun/glue
lace
waxed paper

Lay your Popsicle stick on wax paper
and apply a coat of paint.
(Or you can use colored sticks or keep them plain. I wanted a soft green color so I painted them).


While drying, cut the paper to fit around the glass jar
and apply Mod Podge to the jar;
firmly press paper onto it.
Apply lace with hot glue around the top edge of the jar.


Paint the other side of the Popsicle sticks, let dry.
Write out desired verse onto one side of the stick
and the reference on the other side.




I cut out a border and flowers using a paper punch.
It added a nice touch to the middle of the jar.

Blessings to you, friends!

The grass withereth, the flower fadeth:
but the word of our God shall stand forever.
~ Isaiah 40:8 ~

Linking up with:

27 comments:

Mary said...

I love this!! Great gift idea, I think I'll one for each of my girls. It will be a great thing for them to have on their desk at work!

Judy said...

Great idea! Thanks for sharing this.

Meeha Meeha said...

I truly hope that this beautiful Scripture jar will be a good companion in your time of healing...

Ashley~ said...

This is a wonderful idea. In times of need Scripture will be right at hand and The Lord can direct to which stick you pull out and which part of His Word you may need at that moment. Love it~

Mrs. Smith said...

Hey there, dear friend. This is such a neat idea! I can't wait to show my girls! Praying prayers of comfort for you today.

Debbie Borthwick said...

This is a great idea, Stephanie! And you've made yours look so lovely.
Matthew 5:4 - "Blessed are those who mourn, for they will be comforted."
Prayers for you and the family continue.
Debbie :)

Sarah Louise said...

Such a lovely idea, and so thoughtful that you made them for family members too. I am sure it will offer a lot of comfort to you all at this time. x

Mrs R said...

Stephanie, I love it! The colors you chose are so soft and soothing. Thank you for the great idea!

Jazzmin said...

What a beautiful idea!! I love this so much. This is so inspiring and I can see how it would be such a blessing each day to pull out one- or more- and be reminded of God's goodness and love. What a great gift this would be also to a loved one, neighbor, or friend who is grieving, or even one who is not.

I really enjoyed seeing your jar and how you decorated it so lovely. Thankyou for sharing this!
Isn't it wonderful how God places things on our hearts at such perfect times; what a blessing that you thought to do this and you and your family can find comfort by pulling out a verse.

Blessings to you!
Have a beautiful day,
Jazzmin

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

What a wonderful idea!!

NanaDiana said...

Stephanie- That is really, really cute and what a good idea~ Love it- xo Diana

Libby said...

What a wonderful idea! It would be a great project among friends because you never know which Scriptures they will put in your container. Might just have to borrow this one. :-)

LV said...

A great idea and one we all should use more.

Little Birdie Blessings said...

What a great idea Stephanie. Love it. I think this would make a nice gift. Thanks for sharing it. ~ Abby

Delvalina said...

Your crafting is wonderful as always. This is my favorite one of your crafting so far...
:)
Love you!

Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle) said...

Love this idea! You are so filled with creativity and love for the Lord. I might actually try this!

An Ordinary Housewife said...

This scripture jar certainly looks familiar. I think I have one just like it on my writing desk. :)

I certainly have enjoyed the scripture jar that you made for me several weeks ago. I'm glad you showed us how to make it, for now I can make one for myself or others.

Blessings!

Debbie said...

This is such a wonderful idea Stephanie! Thank you for showing us how to make our own.

Have a wonderful evening.

Sylvia said...

Love your scripture jar, I have a small wooden scripture box.

Sandra said...

Stephanie, I really love this idea. It's great for any age group and could be used at home or church. Thanks for sharing your wonderful ideas.

Still keeping you in my thoughts during this sad time. Take care.

Jessica @ A Humble Creation said...

What a lovely idea, Stephanie! I think this would be a great project for my children for memorizing scripture (and for me too!). We all need to hide His word in our hearts!

Praying that the God of Peace will continue to renew you in your time of loss. Big hugs,
Jessica

Denise said...

Darling and so much fun:) I have something like it for Myself but this would be perfect gifts for My teenage and preteen Grandsons.I'll start planning right now.With My gang I'll need the rest of the year.First I can get some paper for the boys,then decide which verse for which child. Oh My!Now I have another wonderful project.Thank you for visiting Me.Denise

Deanna said...

What a lovely way to be reminded of God's love and blessings!!

momstheword said...

What a wonderful idea and I love how you made it so lovely with the pretty blue color and lace and fabric and all!

What a fun way to memorize Scripture and keep God's Word in your heart.

When I was growing up my mom was determined that my dad would get some of God's Word in him, so she always wrote down verses on 3x5 cards and put them up over the bathroom across from the toilet and near the mirror, lol!

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your Grandma. She looked like a lovely lady. It is always so hard to lose a loved one.

But you know that you will see her again and I know that I will see my dad and my precious little baby again! What a Hope we have!

momstheword said...

Oooops, forgot to say thanks so much for linking up to the "Making Your Home Sing Monday" linky party today! :)

Kate M said...

What a lovely idea and so uplifting I am sure.
xx

Kathy Moody said...

This is such an awesome idea! I love it. Your jar looks so pretty, too! Thank you so much for sharing at A Bouquet of Talent this week. Have a wonderful weekend. :)

Hugs
Kathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...