Friday, April 05, 2013

Update On Grandma Betty

"I would maintain that thanks are the highest form of thought, 
and that gratitude is happiness doubled by wonder."

G.K. Chesterton

Sweet, precious, amazing and wonderful friends,
saying 'Thank You' seems so trivial and small
for the kindness, support and love you expressed in your comments
concerning my Grandma.
Your prayers are very much appreciated!
Every comment was like a healing balm on my sad heart.
You will never truly know how much your words meant to me.
From the bottom of my heart, THANK YOU!

(Grandpa and Grandma)

Grandma is not doing well at all.
According to my aunt, 
the fluid on my Grandma's stomach is indication that her organs are shutting down.
The doctor and nurses have my Grandma heavily medicated
so she does not respond to much going on.
My family on my dad's side live in Canada while I live in the states.
I have been looking at airline tickets and the possibility of going to Canada.
My Grandpa will be calling later today with an update
so I am waiting for that call to make a decision. 
My Grandpa said if I come to not be surprised that Grandma is not the way I remember her.
It broke my heart to hear that.
In my heart and mind, my Grandma will always be full of life and love,
singing and laughing with me - I can hear her laugh even as I write this. 
Please continue to pray for my dear Grandmother
and for my precious Grandpa - he is struggling.

On Wednesday night at church I heard a story from a missionary that was visiting.
He was talking about a girl being held in prison because they thought she was spy.
She was a believer of the Lord Jesus Christ.
While she was there she saw a man go by with a load of banana's.
She prayed and asked God for a banana, "Please Lord, just one banana."
Later in the day a man came to her cell and gave her all of the banana's!
She then got down on her knees and with tears in her eyes she asked God to forgive her 
for thinking He could provide only one banana when He could provide all of them.

My prayer is not to get to Canada in time for a few more hours with Grandma,
but I am praying for many more years with her.
After all,
my God is the God of miracles and healing
and I have faith He can heal my Grandmother if that is His will.

This morning I read the 'Days of Praise' from the Institute for Creation Research
and I thought I would share it with you.
God's timing is always perfect and He knew I needed these words.

God's Perfect Way

As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried:
he is a buckler to all them that trust in him."
~ 2 Samuel 22:31 ~

"This is the 30th verse (out of 50) in David's great "song of deliverance,"
evidently considered by God to be a sufficient importance to have it included twice
(2 Samuel 22 and Psalm 18) in His written word.
Its testimony is greatly needed.

One of the most common excuses given by men for rejecting the God of the Bible 
is their opinion that His ways are unfair.
Even Christians are prone to complain at the way God deals with them.
But the fact that we may not understand God's ways 
hardly gives us the right to pass judgement on them.
He often reminds us in His word that His way is perfect 
and His word has been tried and proved, again and again.
"For the word of the LORD is right; and all his works are done in truth"
~ Psalm 19:7 ~

We need to settle in our hearts that, whether we understand them or not,
God's ways are always perfect.
What He does is right, and whatever He says must be true by definition.
His ways are always in the context of eternity, 
but we leap to judgement in terms of present inconvenience.

His perfect way is seen most fully in Christ, and His truth is heard most clearly in Christ,
for "I am the way," He said, and I am "the truth" (John 14:6).
Yet Christ's way was through the cross, 
and His truth was opposed by the father of lies (John 8:44).
God's way for us may also lead us into suffering and great opposition,
but His way is always perfect, and His word is tried and true.
If we trust Him through it all, He will be our buckler as He was for David.
"Every word of God is pure:
he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him"
~ Proverbs 30:5 ~
Days of Praise
by
Henry M. Morris

This small devotional reminded me again that God's way is ALWAYS perfect.
It's not sometimes perfect, but always!
God's way may lead us into suffering, but He is our Buckler - what comfort!

This is a somewhat long post, my friends, and I apologize for its length.
Thank you for your prayers and I will keep you updated.
Have a blessed weekend!


"I awoke this morning with devout thanksgiving for my friends, the old and the new."

Ralph Waldo Emerson

23 comments:

Ana Lopes said...

Dear Stephanie, I'm with you in your pain. My beloved grandma lives till today inside my heart and forever. Be strong dear friend. I'll pray for you.
Blessings,

Ana Love Craft
www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Hi Stephanie, your post had me in tears...not only for the sadness of how sick your grandmother is (as I had gone through similar situations with my grandmother more than once...she has since passed and I miss her terribly. ) but for the words and the belief that all things are possible even in critical times. We all need to believe just like you. Our lord guides us and all we need is to take his hand... Hugs and prayers to you and your family. Jennifer

Gail Dixon (Louisiana Belle) said...

Sending hugs and prayers to you. Your post is so touching; it is clear how very much you love your grandma.

Natalie said...

The Lord is so faithful to give us what we need, exactly when we need it. So thankful for the encouraging words you read this morning and shared with us. We can have confidence that the Lord Jesus is making intercession for you and your family and I know that the God of all comfort will be walking with you all through this trial. To God be all the glory. {hugs}

Sherri B. said...

I have no doubt that Our Lord can heal your grandmother and that is my prayer for her and all of your family, that you may have many more days together.

You remain in my heart and prayers all day long, my dear friend. xxoo

Debbie said...

Prayers continue Stephanie.

Debbie said...

Prayers continue Stephanie.

Linda said...

I am still praying Stephanie. Your words make me think of something I often say to myself."You are coming to a King; large petitions to Him bring." Ruth Graham said it, and I believe it - always, always acknowledging the Father's sovereignty in all things.
You are encouraging others sweet girl.

Jazzmin said...

My prayers are with you and your family and my heart aches for you. If it is His will, God may pull out a beautiful miracle, for which I will pray with all my heart♥

Love, prayers, and big hugs to you!
~Jazzmin

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

We are praying for you and your family, especially your dear grandmother. Thank you for sharing this beautiful post.

Karen Frost said...

I'm so sorry, Stephanie. Stay strong, Dear. It is in God's hands now. Your sweet Grandmother knows and feels your love in her heart, just as you feel hers. You are always connected through love. I will continue to pray for your Dear Grandmother and for your family.
Big Hug. xoxo

Debbie Borthwick said...

I'll continue to pray for your Grandmother, Grandfather and family. I hope you are able to get to her side soon.
Debbie :)

Ashley~ said...

The God we pray to is the same God who parted a Sea to allow His people to walk across on dry land, answered Elijah's prayer that it would not rain & then that it would, raised up Lazarus from the dead after four days, healed countless people, sacrificed Himself for us, and so much more. He is a God of miracles to those who have faith in Him. Praying for you and sending you many hugs~

Mary said...

Stephanie, God will certainly direct your path during this difficult time. He never makes a mistake, all things are in His hands. Keeping your Grandmother in my prayers. May God hold you with His righteous right hand.
(Isaiah 41:10)

kitty said...

I'm praying for your grandma, grandpa, you and your family. Hugs sent your way.

Niki O'Reilly said...

We are sending loving prayers for your Grandma and for your family. Please pass along hugs to Randy and Debbie for us.

acreativeharbor.com said...

Sending lots of healing hugs for you and your family ~ lots of prayers too ~ Life can hurt deeply sometimes. Tis the way.

Debbie Harris said...

Dear Stephanie, as we drive across the country heading to Canada I was finally able to pull up your blog on my phone. That is a miracle!
God knew your father and I needed to be encouraged by reading this post and then the heart felt comments from your dear, sweet and precious friends on Christ. Please share with your friends that we covert their prayers.
Your father was choked up.
Our God is a great God,and can do great and mighty things which we knowest not.
To them who believe, He is faithful indeed! In and through all of this may He get ALL the glory.
Praying you will know and feel the presence of God in your midst as you keep looking up trusting Him.
We love you dearly! Dad & Mom

Jann Olson said...

Stephanie, this is such a touching post. I agree that we must trust in the Lord. So sorry to hear about your grandmother. It is so difficult to be far away from loved ones that are ill. I pray that all will work out! Hubby and I just watched the movie, "The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel". My favorite part of the entire movie was the saying that the young man used often. "Everything will be alright in the end. If it is not alright, it is not the end". I believe this to be true. Even if your grandma isn't healed, she will be at peace and all will be alright. I will be praying for you, her, and your grandfather. May God's comforting arms be wrapped around you all!
hugs,
Jann

Zaa said...

Dearest Stephanie.... My prayer and thoughts are with you and your grandmother.... What a lovely , heartfelt posting... I know how you feel and share in your feelings of longing for those memories.... Thankfully ..when one door closes God opens another to warm your soul with ...Your teatime love with your grandmother is the singular blessing that she needs to know that she is so gracious loved by you and her family.Sending strength and love your way , my friend..xoxoxoxox

Deanna said...

It is so touching to read your sweet words about your Grandmother...she obviously is very special and very loved. My heart & prayers are with you and your family.

Audrey said...

Dear Stephanie ... Sorry that your Grandmother is ill. There are a lot of prayers going out for her and the family. I will also keep you in my prayers.
Hugs,
Audrey Z. @ Timeless Treasures

chateau chic said...

God's ways are so much higher and greater than ours. We often don't understand what He may be doing, but it's a great comfort to know that the Lord is good and faithful in everything. I trust his hand of comfort and grace and love will be felt by you as you take one day at a time.
Mary Alice

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...