Monday, May 13, 2013

Mother's Day Memories And A New Friend

I hope every Mother had a beautiful Mother's Day!

My husband, son and I had a quiet day.
My son is quite sick so he and I stayed home from church yesterday.
The poor little guy has a terrible hacking cough, congestion, sore throat and fever.
It breaks my heart to see him like this.
Lord-willing he will be on the mend VERY soon!


The three of us did have a nice picnic in our backyard yesterday.
We ate spaghetti (which my father-in-law made), bread and salad.
It was a blessing to be able to relax and enjoy the lovely sunshine and warmer weather.



I was able to pick some pretty cherry blossoms off of the trees for our table centerpiece.


I took a stroll around my yard and was pleased to see the trees coming to life after a long Winter.
In the picture below you will see there is still snow on the mountain peaks.


 The Crab Apple tree is about to blossom,
my Lilac bushes and Choke Cherry trees are slowly bringing forth buds
and the yard is ready for its first mowing.


All-in-all it was a lovely day.

Also, I wanted to share a little story ......
On Saturday my husband and I had a yard sale.
A lady (Carrie) came with her sister-in-law (who is expecting) and her mother-in-law.
They were at the sale looking at the baby items for over an hour.
I was able to talk with Carrie during the time she was at our yard sale and we instantly clicked :)
Before she left, we exchanged phone numbers saying we would love to be friends
and then found out we live about 10 minutes away from each other.
Sometime during our conversation I complimented her purse saying I loved the look and color.
So the dear sweetie said she wanted to give it to me 
because she does not use it very often. 
I could not believe it and tried to tell her to keep it,
but she was quite insistent!
I was truly amazed at her generosity to a stranger.
From the little bit of time I talked to her I could tell she had a kind and giving heart.
I told my husband after the yard sale that I was thankful we had it
for the sole purpose of meeting Carrie.
God is always so good and His timing is always so right.


 The purse is a Vera Bradley.
I know I will think of Carrie every time I use it :)


May you have a delightful week, friends!

21 comments:

harleygirl said...

What a nice thing for her to do! What a great blessing for you! That is such a happy story. :) I'm sorry to hear of your sick son and hope he heals up quickly. Glad you got to enjoy the weather, though. We've had snow, on the ground, all morning. Yuck! A belated Happy Mother's Day to you. :)

Gail Dixon (La.Belle) said...

The yard sale sounds like a divine appointment to meet a new friend. Your Mother's Day celebration outdoors was perfect. Enjoy the week!

Lauren Nelson said...

What a beautiful day and such a great story about your new friend! Love the great pictures and hope that your little man is feeling better soon!

Sarah Louise said...

It sounds like you had a lovely Mother's day! And the story about your new friend warms my heart, I hope you will be in touch for many years to come, it sounds like you will be! Such a blessing. :)

Terra said...

I can see you growing a friendship with that kind gal who gave you the pretty purse. Your picnic outdoors looks lovely and I hope your son is all better today.

Debbie said...

I hope your little one feels better soon! How nice of Carrie to give you her purse. That truly demonstrates she has a gentle soul. Your yard looks wonderful and seeing all those dandelions reminds me of Dandelion Jelly!

Stone Cottage Adventures said...

What lovely photos and a nice purse! -Marci @ Stone Cottage Adventures

Maria said...

Wow! What a blessing of meeting a new friend with such a generous spirit! I very much enjoyed your photos! Happy belated Mother's Day! I hope your son gets better very soon! Take care, hugs!

Jazzmin said...

I'm so glad you had a blessed mother's day with your family! A picnic outside sounds like heaven, especially with your views and beautiful land... the flowers and green, green grass look like a fairytale. I love your bouquet too!
Thankyou for sharing about Carrie and your yard sale also. It is so amazing to meet such kind-hearted people God sends to cross our paths and leave marks on our hearts. She sounds like a genuinely wonderful person and that was so generous of her. Your new bag is lovely, I think those quilted bags are so neat.

I hope you are having a great start to your week! And sending prayers that your little boy feels better- I'm so sorry to hear he is sick.

Blessings and hugs!!
~Jazzmin

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

Praying for your sweet little boy to feel better soon.
What a lovely centre piece for your picnic.
I love the story about your new friend and the pretty handbag!

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

Carrie is incredibly kind! Funny how the Lord sends friendships into our lives in the most unexpected places. Your backyard is breathtaking. Happy Mother's Day to you.

Everyday Things said...

sounds like you had a wonderful weekend except for your son not being well! I hope he's on the mend v soon! That country side in your photo is just amazing what a lovely place you live in Stephanie!

Karen Frost said...

Dear Stephanie,
I hope your son recovers soon, being sick is no fun, especially when the weather is nice. Your table is lovely and your picnic sounds very sweet. I love the yellow flowers in the lawn.

The story about your new friend is very sweet. It's so nice to hear about kindness and generosity! The purse is lovely!

Hugs xx



momof3girls said...

Your pictures are so gorgeous! I just found your blog via Jazzmin. What a precious story about your new friend. God is so good to bring people into our lives like that. I can't wait to read more of your posts.

JES said...

You got it! That is definitely spring inspired beauty like I posted :) Even prettier with the lace!

Julie Marie said...

Hello sweet friend... so sorry to hear your little guy does not feel well... hope he is better soon... your yard and picnic look so nice... I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day (and your mama too)... how amazing that you met Carrie at your yard sale and your new purse is beautiful!... I love Vera Bradley... yes, I do believe God played a big part in you meeting her... I love to hear these things that are "meant to be"... xoxo Julie Marie

Conniecrafter said...

Sorry to hear your son wasn't feeling well, hope he is much better today... your picnic setting was just beautiful and the day looked so lovely too.
How neat to have met a friend at your garage sale, yes it is amazing God's timing for us :)

budgeteer said...

I hope your little one is feeling better soon : )

It is raining here in England and it will continue all week, so I could enjoy your nice sunny day pictures and imagine I'm there too!

Lesley x

Clara said...

I hope your son is doing better now. It looks like you had a beautiful Mothers Day and I love your blooms in the glass jar. great photo. Great story about the Vera. I collect them and just recently gave a bunch to my daughter to sell on ebay. I'm so glad that you connected with a new friend. She sounds like a sweetie.
~Clara

Kate M said...

The blossom looks beautiful! Hope your son is a little better now. I too have a hacking cough, so can empathise with him! Love your beautiful purse, sounds like the beginning of a beautiful friendship.
Hugs
xx

Jessica @ A Humble Creation said...

Wow! Sorry I'm a little late in my reading and commenting. I so enjoyed the gorgeous pictures of your yard. What a retreat to come home to! And the purse is lovely, but even lovelier is that sweet girl's generosity. She probably saw the same spirit of generosity and love in you as it so obviously shines through!! Hope you get to develop a rich and blessed friendship with her.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...