Sunday, May 12, 2013

Women Who Made A Difference

Happy Mother's Day to all of you sweet and dear women!
I hope your day is filled with sunshine, joy, and blessings.


There are several women in the Bible that have made a difference -
Eve, Rahab, Deborah, Mary, Naomi and Ruth, Miriam,
but I want to look at two women in the Bible that I admire.

SARAH - Woman of Faith
Genesis 12 - 23

Sarah was a beautiful woman whose name meant "princess."
Most of her life shows great faith in God,
but at times Sarah's faith faltered. 

When she heard she would have a son so late in life she laughed
and allowed a seed of doubt to form in her life which grew into a tree of unbelief.
But Sarah's laughter of unbelief turned to laughter of joy and delight.
God gave her the son He promised to her and Abraham.
She lived to be 127 years old and was able to watch Isaac grow up and see God's blessing on him.
In spite of her lapses in faith, we remember Sarah as a woman of great faith,
a woman who made a difference.


HANNAH - From Discouragement to Delight
1 Samuel 1: 1 - 2:21
(Hannah is my favorite lady in the Bible)

When we first meet Hannah, she is grieving, unhappy, and focused on her barrenness.
Like many women, she wanted a child more than anything else.

Hannah chose to change.
She humbled herself before the Lord and became broken before Him.
God did not abandon her, He answered her prayer for a child.
Hannah was so grateful that she gave her son, Samuel, back to the Lord
She sang and praised God, who gave her not only Samuel, 
but also three more sons and two daughters.
Hannah was a woman who knew how to pray and she became a mother as a direct answer to prayer.
We can learn from Hannah how to handle the problems we face 
in dealing with disappointment and hurt.
We can choose to hold on to our problems and become bitter,
or we can follow Hannah's lead and turn our bitterness and resentment into 
peace, joy, and happiness.
{Taken from Women Who Made a Difference by Martha Tyler}

And two other ladies that are not in the Bible, but have made a difference in my life ......

DEBBIE - Mother, Friend, Role Model

Sweet, precious Mother of mine, how I love you!
We had a few ups and downs when I was a teenager as any mother/daughter relationship might have,
but all-in-all we have remained close at heart, like two peas in a pod.
You are the blessed Mother God gave me at birth 
and you are the wonderful friend I have grown close to as each year passes.
Thank you for your tender care and nurturing love over the years.
Thank you for walking with the Lord and allowing His glory to radiate from your life.
Thank you for serving others with a cheerful heart.
Where would I be without you?
I love you, Mom!

KATIE - Strong, Loving, Mother-in-"love" :)

From early on, before I dated your son and became his wife,
I have admired your strength, courage, and gentleness.
Your days are constantly filled with something needing your attention;
you are one of the busiest women I know.
You take care of two churches which means 4 church services in a week,
you do a ladies Bible study, help with children's Bible club,
open up your home to strangers, and care for your home and husband,
yet I have NEVER heard you grumble or complain about all that you do.
You are a beautiful servant of the Lord.
Thank you for being an example to the younger women for I do look up to you.
I love you, Katie!


Have a blessed Lord's Day!

Also, my mom has asked me to thank each and everyone of you ladies
on her behalf, for the love, prayers and support during the passing of Grandma Betty.
Her heart was blessed every time she visited the blog 
and read the comments many of you dear friends left.
Thank you for being there, offering words of encouragement.

Love and hugs to you!

20 comments:

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Debbie Harris said...

Tears of joy fill my heart and eyes right now my dear! Thank you for the honor for Mother's Day on your precious blog. Absolutly beautiful and touching.
You are such a wonderful daughter. I praise the Lord for your walk with Him, and the growth in your life over the years.
I know God is, and will continue to use you in the lives of many women.

Have a wonderful Mother's Day!

I love you much!

Mrs. Smith said...

Beautiful post!! I hope that you have a blessed Mother's Day!!

Delvalina said...

This is the sweetest thing ever about mother I've ever read.

Stephanie - Sister and friend of mine

For the first time I met you. I love your every comment on my blog, and you take the best of all who ever did to me. You encouraged me to expanding my skill as true feminine lady ( crafting, and baking, and old fashionish) and we started to be friend. Each time I talked to you it turns blessing, and comforting my soul, just like I talk to my mom. We have exchange gifts and cards, and we shared each other our burdens and some secrets of us, we shared the greatness of God to each one of us, we shared pictures of the good times. We almost have similar pinning :D. I love how you taking care you home, son and husband, I love the way you play piano in church even though I never listen. I love because we are twins that our hearts connected each other in many ways. I can see the Lord uses you to help me now and future. Can I make you my guru to teach me how to be great mother and wife? Yes I will need you. and I know it. Oh I thinking of you everyday and I love you.

Your sister and friend,
Eva

Sara Blevins said...

Happy Mother's day to my dear sister in Christ! I love stopping here, I do feel your sweet love in spirit. I always love your weords! Have a Blessed day!!

Vicky Hunt said...

A lovely post from a lovely lady...:) Happy Mother's Day to you as well sweet friend!

Blessings, Vicky
Life On Willie Mae Lane

Mary said...

Thank you Stephanie for blessing me with your Mother's Day devotion. Hope your Mother's Day is wonderful and blessed.

donna said...

What an awesome post.
Happy Mother's Day my dear.
Hugs
donna

Sherri B. said...

This is a most beautiful and heart warming post honoring the women you look up to in the Bible and in your daily life.

A very Happy Mother's Day to you, dear friend. xo

Debbie said...

Beautiful Stephanie. Happy Mother's Day to you and your Mother! Have a Blessed Sunday.

Jazzmin said...

This is so beautiful Stephanie! Your words are so lovely and beautiful to your mother and mother in love, and I delighted in reading them as well as the words about biblical mothers. Thinking of those wonderful mothers such as Mary is a gift as we reflect on our own mothers.

This day can be hard for those have lost mothers I know and I pray for comfort in the hearts of those who have... my best friend lost her mother a few years ago when she was only sixteen and I can't imagine what that must have been like. But your post, along with thinking of those who would give anything to be able to talk to their mothers today, makes me even more grateful to God for my own mother.

Thankyou for blessing me always with your blog and your big, wonderful heart.

God Bless You!
Sending you hugs and wishes that you have the most blessed Mother's day♥

Gina said...

Stephanie, a lovely Mother's day to you!!

Blessings,

Gina

Kat White said...

Very beautiful post brought tears to my eyes. Happy Mother's Day! Hugs

Libby said...

What a wonderful post! You've spotlighted 4 amazing women of faith. I'm sure your little ones will say the same of you.

Merlesworld said...

Happy mothers day
Merle....

Karen Frost said...

Beautiful and inspirational post, Stephanie! I Hope your Mother's Day was beautiful for you and your Mom!
Hugs xoxo

Little Birdie Blessings said...

This is a beautiful post Stephanie. Thanks for sharing this. ~ Abby

Ashley~ said...

Hannah is my favorite example of a woman in the Bible as well :) I love her faith in such a faithful God. Miss you~

Conniecrafter said...

You have such a beautiful way of writing how you feel and expressing yourself, so enjoyed reading all of this today!

Kate M said...

Hope that you had a wonderful mothers day!
xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...