Sunday, June 09, 2013

An Overflowing Joyful Heart

Fill me with gladness from above,
Hold me by strength divine;
Lord, let the glow of your great love
Through my whole being shine.
~ Unknown ~


Deep in my heart there's a gladness - Jesus has saved me from sin!
Praise to His name, what a Savior! Cleansing without and within!

Only a glimpse of His goodness, that was sufficient for me;
only one look at the Savior, then was my spirit set free.

He is the fairest of fair ones, He is the Lily, the Rose;
rivers of mercy surround Him, grace, love, and pity He shows.

Why do I sing about Jesus? Why is He precious to me?
He is my Lord and my Savior: dying, He set me free!
~ Albert Ketchum ~


Make a joyful noise unto God, all ye lands:
Sing forth the honor of His name:
make his praise glorious.
~ Psalm 66: 1-2 ~

And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God:
many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the LORD.
~ Psalm 40:3 ~


When the heart is full of joy, it always allows its joy to escape.
It is like the fountain in the marketplace;
whenever it is full it runs away in streams, 
and so soon as it ceases to overflow, you may be quite sure it has ceased to be full.
The only full heart is the overflowing heart.
~ Charles Spurgeon ~


Have a blessed Lord's Day, dear friends!

23 comments:

Carol Z said...

Your photos are beautiful. Wishes for a sweet Sunday!

Hope said...

Dearest Stephanie,

Oh absolutely beautiful this post is!

My God bless you today.
♥Hope

Sylvia said...

Inspiring words and beautiful photo's. Hope your day is blessed also,Stephanie.
Hugs

Bonnie said...

Just what I needed to hear today. What gorgeous photos and beautiful scriptures and quotes.

Such a beautiful white tree. I would love to know what it is called.

Delvalina said...

Beautiful words to my hear.

You have beautiful songs from heart to our Savior.

Happy Sunday my sister. Love you!

Tracy F. said...

A lovely start to my day.

And,thank you for becoming my newest follower.

Anne Payne said...

Am I capable of saying anything except wow?!! I think not :) Love you, sweet friend!

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

Beautiful post, Stephanie. Bless you.

Sherri B. said...

Thank you for sharing these beautiful words and truths.

Every time you do a post like this it reminds me of my great grandmother and how she loved the old hymns and poems.

I think I will start looking for hymn books at the thrift shops and used book stores, they just seem to go right to the heart.

Have a blessed Sunday my friend. xo

Gina said...

Stephanie, your pictures are breathtaking! And I love those verses & lyrics. Thank you!

Debbie Harris said...

Absolutly, without a doubt, breath taking!! Your photos put me in awe. AMAZING!! Another God inspiring, thought provoking post, thank you. I look forward to Sundays with you because I know there will be something wonderful to bathe and delight my soul.

My the Lord bless you abundantly as you have so blessed me!

Much love to you, Mom

Alexandra Marie said...

Great quotes and verses! Alex

http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4239571/into-the-woods

Vicky Hunt said...

Simply beautiful....photos and words!

Blessings, Vicky
Life On Willie Mae Lane

Gail Dixon (La.Belle) said...

Your joy spilled over into your blog and that's so beautiful! Gorgeous photos to accompany the words as well. :)

Kat White said...

I love the beautiful pink flowers and the white ones gorgeous and great photography. I love photographing flowers. Love the poems, what a great post very inspiring. Thanks! have a wonderful Monday. Hugs

Andrea said...

Hi Stephanie! Amen to Jesus..there is no other! I'm glad you introduced yourself, my gain to seeing your pretty blog and uplifting posts.

I especially liked your love story!

Splendid Little Stars said...

inspiring words!
lovely photos!

Delisa said...

Hi Stephanie! Such a beautiful post and I also loved your crochet flower t-shirt. What a lovely, simple idea, yet it turned your whole outfit into something unique and special! I hope you are having a restful evening. I also love the music you have on your blog it instantly puts me into a serene frame of mind. With Love, Delisa :)

Sandra said...

I'm so happy to be back to visiting my favourite blogs after a couple of busy weeks. I always enjoy your lovely and encouraging posts. Thanks for sharing today's post.

donna said...

What a wonderful post. Thank you so much.
Hugs
donna

Lady Linda said...

LOVE your post dear one. Jimmy is begging me to make another cobbler!
Love ya,
Linda

Jennifer Where the Green Grass Grows said...

Beautiful pictures and beautiful words!! Hope you are doing well!!

Conniecrafter said...

Wonderful words and just lovely pictures!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...