Sunday, June 30, 2013

Guest Post - Anne From Stuff & Nonsense

 I'm honored that Stephanie asked me to guest post here at The Enchanting Rose. 
Let me introduce myself. 
My name is Anne Payne and I blog at Stuff & Nonsense.
I've been married 30 years to my soul mate, 
and I'm mom to four children and grandmother to three grandchildren. 
I'm an eclectic blogger taking photos of old barns, birds (especially my chickens), and flowers.
Living in the country, on top of a hill where there’s a cooling breeze, 
is where you’ll find me with camera in hand J


I’m by no means a professional; 
just a grieving mom who turned to photography after my oldest daughter passed away last year. Capturing nature and the world around me has been a healing balm to my soul. 
Remaining steadfast in my faith that God is good in all things, I seek to honor Him in all I do.


Daffodils have to be one of the most joyful flowers that the Lord created. 
They always bring a smile to my face 
and these beauties just cried out to have their picture taken in early spring. 
I was reminded that there is beauty all around me and each day is truly a gift!


The Lavender I planted turned out to be a perfect backdrop 
for this inspirational graphic inspired by the hymn Great is Thy Faithfulness
It was written by Thomas Obadiah Chisholm and published in 1923. 
I marvel at the timeless truths that are embodied within this hymn 
and wonder if Thomas had any idea when he wrote it 
that it would still be such a powerful verse 90 years later.

“Great is Thy faithfulness,” O God my Father,
There is no shadow of turning with Thee;
Thou changest not, Thy compassions, they fail not
As Thou hast been Thou forever wilt be.
“Great is Thy faithfulness!” “Great is Thy faithfulness!“
  Morning by morning new mercies I see;
All I have needed Thy hand hath provided—
    “Great is Thy faithfulness,” Lord, unto me!
Summer and winter, and springtime and harvest,
Sun, moon and stars in their courses above,
Join with all nature in manifold witness
To Thy great faithfulness, mercy and love.
Pardon for sin and a peace that endureth,
Thy own dear presence to cheer and to guide;
Strength for today and bright hope for tomorrow,
Blessings all mine, with ten thousand beside!


As I contemplate the majesty of the Lord displayed in creation and conveyed in this hymn, 
I stop and soak in His presence. 
Singing these words penned so long ago brings me peace; 
He is strength for my weary and grief stricken soul. 
Each day I arise, His mercies are new. 
I worship Him, for He is my Rock, my Fortress, and my Lord!


Thank you for having me here today, Stephanie. 
Blessings to you and your readers for a lovely week!
Stuff & Nonsense

11 comments:

Anne Payne said...

Thanks for having me, Stephanie! You're a blessing to all who come to visit your blog. {{hugs}}

Julie Marie said...

Just beautiful Anne... I am so sorry for your loss, but admire your strength to find the good in each new day God has given us... your photos are lovely... many blessings to you, Julie Marie

Little Birdie Blessings said...

Hi Anne, How wonderful to "meet" you through Stephanie's blog. I am so sorry about your daughter. Nice that you found a way to channel your grief through the beauty of God's creation. Your pictures are amazing and I love the Great is Thy Faithfulness image, one of my favorite hymns. ~ Abby

Christy Spurlock said...

What an awesome post. So glad my Lord and Savior led me to your post. Prayers for you in the loss of your child. God's peace and comfort to you as your blog as been a blessing to me.

NanaDiana said...

What a beautiful guest post, Stephanie- xo Diana

Danni Baird @ Silo Hill Farm said...

What a wonderful post! I'm sorry for your loss. I think your pictures are gorgeous. I especially love the lavender one!

Christine Johnson said...

Beautiful flowers and I love the hymns! I too have lost children and am thankful that God has healed the broken parts of my heart and drawn me closer to Him. Praying for you as you go through this season of grief. I am glad to have found your blog too!

Christine Johnson said...

Beautiful flowers and I love the hymns! I too have lost children and am thankful that God has healed the broken parts of my heart and drawn me closer to Him. Praying for you as you go through this season of grief. I am glad to have found your blog too!

Gina said...

Anne, thank you so much for sharing your beautiful story and pictures. I am so sorry for your loss.

Conniecrafter said...

Love that hymn, lovely photo's, so sorry for your loss, so good to see that you have kept your love for God and the blessings he brings to our lives!

SarahGeorge said...

Thank you dear Anne, for sharing such beautiful thoughts.I'm so sorry for the loss of your child. I'm glad photography has been an outlet for you and has become a blessing to others through you.Amazing pictures and beautifully designed graphic verses on them.
Truly a blessing to read this post dear Stephanie.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...