Sunday, June 16, 2013

What Makes A Dad

God took the strength of a mountain,
The majesty of a tree,
The warmth of a summer sun,
The calm of the quiet sea,
The generous soul of nature,
The comforting arm of night,
The wisdom of the ages,
The power of the eagle's flight,
The joy of a morning in spring,
The faith of a mustard seed,
The patience of eternity,
The depth of a family need.
Then God combined these qualities,
When there was nothing more to add,
He knew His masterpiece was complete,
And so,
He called it ... Dad.
~ Unknown ~

Happy Father's Day to my sweet Dad!
I love you!.
You hold a special place in my heart and life.
A daughter couldn't ask for a better role model.

And Happy Father's Day to my wonderful Husband!
I thank our precious Lord for giving our son and me a man of honor,
strength, and godliness to enjoy life with.
You are dearly loved!


A wise son maketh a glad father.
~ Proverbs 10:1a ~

Have a blessed Lord's Day, sweet friends!

12 comments:

Sylvia said...

I love the poem,Stephanie.
Enjoy the day.

hugs, Sylvia

Delvalina said...

So beautiful

almost make me cry :)

Happy father's day. So much things I want to tell you sister. Hoping to talk with you soon.

Much Love,

Your sister

Carol Z said...

Lovely post! Wishes for a happy, happy Father's Day!

harleygirl said...

What a nice post! :)

Ceil said...

How blessed you are to have your Father and husband to celebrate today!

"The calm of the quiet sea"...what a lovely, peaceful image in my mind. (And it matches the music on your site too!)

Happy Father's Day,
Ceil

A Daughter of the King said...

Sweet.

Maria said...

Very beautiful poem! Thank you for sharing! Take care, hugs!

Carol L McKenna said...

Wonderful poem and loving post to your Dad ~ lots of blessings and Happy Week to you ~ so nice to have you come by and comment ~ xxooo

Debbie said...

Lovely Stephanie!

kitty said...

Beautifully written, Stephanie! Both of those wonderful men are blessed to have you in their lives. xo

Jazzmin said...

Your words to your Daddy are so sweet and beautiful! And I loved the poem- what a loving and majestic way to describe the gift of Fathers.

I enjoyed your post so much and I hope that you and your family had the most blessed and joyous Father's Day Sunday♥

Hugs to you!
~Jazzmin

Conniecrafter said...

I don't think that I have ever heard that Dad poem, that is terrific!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...