Wednesday, July 03, 2013

Trouble In Store - Book Review

While driving to Canada I had plenty of time to read on the road
since it's a 24 hour trip so I took along Trouble In Store by Carol Cox.
This was my first book from the author 
and I was quite pleased with the overall outcome.


About The Book...

Melanie Ross is unexpectedly fired from her governess job leaving her future in question.
As she is packing up to leave
she comes across an old letter from her deceased cousin, George, 
reminding her of the Mercantile he has in Arizona.
George and his partner, Alvin, own the store 
and now that George has passed away his half belongs to Melanie.
With determination she heads out to Arizona with new purpose,
but is met with a slight hiccup...

Alvin is no longer living and his nephew, Caleb, is now running the Mercantile
and he has no idea who Melanie Ross is or about her share in the store.
Caleb is quite baffled by the headstrong and very opinionated woman
and is left scrambling around in the store trying to keep things the way he is used to
while she is determined to bring a "new look" to the customers.
At first they don't see eye-to-eye
and arguments tend to constantly be on the tips of their tongues.

But someone does not want to see Caleb, Melanie, and their Mercantile succeed.
Threats begin to take place leaving Caleb and Melanie in great danger.
When a gentleman mysteriously dies, 
the townspeople are left questioning the presence of the Mercantile owners
while Caleb and Melanie are left questioning their safety.
As things begin to spiral out of control 
Caleb and Melanie start putting their heads together 
trying to figure out who is behind the hateful threats.

My Thoughts...

Trouble In Store is a very easy read with laughter, love, and mystery.
I was able to sit back and relax while reading this 
since it's not a deep thought-provoking book, 
but rather an enjoyable book with delightful characters.

The love that begins to grow between Caleb and Melanie is very heart-warming and sweet
and the mystery has a good twist that left me trying to figure out the final ending.
I enjoyed the little bits of humor 
and each silly moment brought a smile to my face and a chuckle to my lips.

The characters will win your heart and make you want to turn the next page
as you become engrossed in the unfolding story of Caleb and Melanie.
If you want an easy but enjoyable read than Trouble In Store is the book for you.

** I was given a free copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers for an honest review.
All thoughts are my own. **



7 comments:

Donna Heber said...

Hi Stephanie,

Wonderful book review! I'm glad you enjoyed it and your trip to Canada.

Leah Rose said...

Hi Stephanie, I am glad you had a safe trip to Canada, and you are back home safely!

This sounds like a delightful book!

I wanted you to know that after blog name confusion and issues, I simply returned to my old blog name that I had before my long blog break-Legacy Rose!

(No more re-inventing the wheel!)

Have a blessed week and Independence Day!


Hope said...

Hi Stephanie,

So good to see you had a good trip and are safely home again.

I wish I would have had this book on my recent trip to Florida, especially on the way home when my husband and I were not able to sit together on the long flight.

:)Hope

Natalie said...

Sounds like a fun read!

Anne Payne said...

Great review that will make my TBR even higher ;)

Conniecrafter said...

I do love period books, this one sounds neat!

Kat White said...

sounds good! that is a long drive it took us 24 hours to get to Canada as well where we live in CA. The northern end near North Shore Lake Tahoe and Sacramento. To far and to long in the car. Did you drive strait through or stay in a hotel along the way. Yikes! we had to stop in Seattle got so tired. Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...