Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Guest Post - Danni From Silo Hill Farm

Hello Enchanting Rose readers!  
Danni here from Silo Hill Farm.  
Stephanie and I have been blog friends for a long time 
and I'm so happy she asked me to fill in for her today!  
My blog is mainly crafts.  Lots of crafts.  
I like to reuse and recycle my projects 
as I get bored with my decor pretty easily.  
Today, I'm going to share a quick and easy frame project 
that took less than an hour.


Supplies


Small frame
Paper flowers
Craft Paint

I had some paper flowers left over from another project.  
They were cute, but they were the wrong color for me, 
so I painted them with craft paint.  
I mixed two colors of green to get the shade I wanted 
for the center flower and some lavender for the outer one. 
After they were dry, I put them in the frame.  
Yawn. It just needed something to perk it up a little.  
I shopped my existing craft supplies.  
I tried buttons, ribbon, and even some pretty paper, 
but I didn't like any of them.  
Then I found these.....


Adhesive gems in a lavender color.  Perfect!  
I stuck one of them in the center of the flower 
and some more on my frame.  
Just the sparkle I needed for my little kitchen shelf!


Thank you for sharing your readers here with me today, Stephanie, 
and I sure hope you are enjoying a little time away!



19 comments:

Mel@Mellywood's Mansion said...

Oh my goodness that's adorable!

karen@somewhatquirky said...

Cute Danni! Love the colors!

Anne Payne said...

Thanks for sharing this tutorial with us! The frame is so cute and it looks a versatile craft.

Julie Marie said...

Hello Danni... what a beautiful little frame!... love the colors... lilac and lavender are my favorite... xoxo Julie Marie

Little Miss Maggie said...

Cute little frame. I love the bling.

Donna Wilkes said...

Adorable frame in the green, lavender, and white. The addition of gems added more detail and a little sparkle. Looks cute with the mushrooms.

Karen Frost said...

Hi Danni! What a cute project and so easy, too! It really looks sweet on your kitchen shelf. These would make adorable gifts, thanks for the tutorial! xo

Sylvia said...

Love all the lavender, frame and gems!

Tuula @ The Thrifty Rebel said...

How pretty Danni! Love those little gems!

Vicky Hunt said...

Super cute and I love the mushrooms too...:)Such happy colors as well.

Blessings, Vicky
Life On Willie Mae Lane

Delvalina said...

That is a cute project :)

I have wanted to do this for my old frame too. Thanks for inspiring me.

Blessing,
Delvalina

Amy of While Wearing Heels said...

Danni you did it again. Adorable.

Baye said...

Such a sweet little piece! Love it. The bit of bling really spices this piece up.

janice15 said...

Nice frame .. Janice

Abiola said...

It's beautiful, thanks for sharing with us.

Heather @ The Beating Hearth said...

love the bling!!! really cute for your kitchen.

Amy Ellis said...

So pretty Danni, no yawning!!! What a great idea to paint those non-usable colored flowers, brilliant and way to make it work like you always do!! ~ Amy

Chantele Cross-Jones said...

Pretty but so simple!

Check out my giveaway to win a bumper beauty bundle including elf, Lush and Burt’s Bees

Marilyn Clark said...

I love Danni, her projects and her blog! So glad you had her guest post 'cause I was introduced to your amazing blog as well! Have a wonderful day

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...