Thursday, July 18, 2013

Misery Loves Company - Book Review

"Don't tell me it's terrifying.
Terrify me."

Juliet Belleno, better known as Jules, struggles with the death of her husband.
He was a police officer killed on duty and the devastation of losing him
leaves Jules feeling empty and alone.

Jules fills her days with blogging and writing reviews for authors
and other than that she has little contact with the outside world.
One day while at the grocery store Jules bumps into her favorite author, Patrick Reagan.
And that's the last memory she has ... until she wakes up in a strange room.

Once Jules realizes she has been kidnapped she starts to discover truths 
about her husband's death, her career, and her faith that will forever change her life.

Misery Loves Company
by
Rene Gutteridge


My Thoughts

Jules had her heart broken when her husband (Jason) passed away.
He was her life and her source of joy - now that he is gone she has no purpose of living.
Her father is an alcoholic and she has secluded herself to her home 
where she spends her days on the computer.

When Jules is kidnapped and she fears for her life she prays for her deceased husband to save her.
She soon begins to realize he can't do anything for her, but God can.
And so begins her journey of finding faith in Christ.
"Jason told me that God is invisible so we won't search for Him with our eyes.
So we'll depend less on what seems concrete
and more on the faith it takes to see without our eyes.
And then when we see Him, we'll know we've also been seen."

On this journey Jules will learn things in life that will crush her, 
but also have the possibility of making her stronger ... if she is willing to learn.

I was completely drawn into the story from page one. 
Rene, the author, had a way of grabbing my attention, 
making me see and feel the story that was unfolding before my eyes.
This book will keep your attention with the suspense
and have you guessing who and what is involved in the mystery.

*** I was given a free copy of this book from Tyndale Publishers for an honest review.
All thoughts are my own. ***

18 comments:

Vicky Hunt said...

This sounds really good Stephanie. I've been trying to get some pleasure reading in this summer! I don't get to read as much as I would like during the school year. Have a wonderful Thursday!
Blessings, Vicky

Andrea said...

Well that was a surprise...that she was kidnapped. But you know, if anything really bad happens in life, like a car accident, I suppose it would be the same feelings, of waking up. We just always have to be aware that God is in charge and we never know when sufferings (or death) may come.

Delvalina said...

Oh my sister...you taste of kind things of book always beautiful and related with life in God's plan which is also it's my taste.

I'm continue reading When God writes love story. I found many similar things with Leslie there. I read a part other day on my way home from school and I was tearing there. It's beautiful book you've given me.
Thank you sister.

Love you,
Eva

Debbie Harris said...

Sounds like a good suspense, keep you on the edge of your seat book!

This quote alone makes me want to read the book. "God is invisible so we won't search for Him with our eyes. So we'll depend less on what seems concrete and more on the faith it takes to see with out our eyes and then when we see Him, we'll know we've also been seen."

Good review!

Blessings!

donna said...

Sounds like a great book. I am drawn, thinking maybe I should purchase this book.
Hope you are having a great day.
Hugs
donna

Karen Frost said...

Sounds like an exciting read and a true test of faith! I like reading a good suspense story once in awhile to keep me awake at night! I'll add this to my list. Hugs xoxo

Jazzmin said...

This sounds like a really good read :) I so enjoyed reading your review! I wonder if my library will have this, I'm going to go online and check their catalogue now. I have been diving into books and would love to read this one.

Hope you are having a blessed day, Stephanie!
Blessings and hugs to you, friend♥

LV said...

There are real people out there going thorough similar situations. At first, I thought it true what you were telling. Sounds like a great book.

Sylvia said...

I love a good book,Stephanie, but when I find one I can't put it down untill I finish, therefore not getting any housework done, so I don't read to often. Not that I get much housework done anyway.

kitty said...

Ooh sounds very intriguing, Stephanie! I love reading your book reviews. xo

Mary said...

Sounds like a great book. I going over to Barnes and Noble, hopefully they will have it for my Nook, if not I'll keep looking!

Sujana said...

Lovely review, hope I get to read dis book soon

Vee said...

Sounds fascinating! Sometimes I enjoy a terrifying mystery.

SizzleandZoom said...

Great review. I have been too busy to read for awhile but you've made this sound so intriguing that I'm going to read it.

Anne Payne said...

Excellent review, Stephanie! I love Rene's books but I haven't read this one yet. Must remedy that soon :)

Abiola said...

Sounds like a great book and I am very interested in finding out the hows, whys and whats.

Kat White said...

That sounds interesting. Have a fabulous day. Hugs

Blackberry Lane said...

This sounds like a good book. I'll add it to my wish list! Have a nice Monday.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...