Friday, August 02, 2013

Grilled Steak Packets

One thing my family loves about summer is being able to use the grill.
Steak packets have become a favorite of ours and they are so easy to make.
And just a little side note...they are a great meal for camping.
You can make them ahead of time and then cook them in the coals of a campfire.

Since it's the weekend you might want to try your own steak packet
and this is what you will need:

2 sirloin or round steaks, cut into small, bite-sized pieces
5 - 6 peeled and sliced carrots
2 russet potatoes
3/4 of a yellow squash
3/4 of a zucchini
3/4 cup BBQ sauce
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons Italian dressing
 1/4 teaspoon basil
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper

The ingredients make enough for three packets.

Using heavy-duty aluminum foil, cut out two squares for each packet.
Spray each one with Pam.

Slice vegetables and place onto the middle of foil.

Add meat to the vegetable pile and season with basil, oregano, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.

Pour BBQ sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and Italian dressing onto mixture
and gently stir until well coated.

Cover each packet with heavy-duty foil

and roll the edges together to seal.

Cook on the grill for about 30 minutes at a medium-low temperature.
Don't cook them at a high heat because they will burn.

Cut a hole in the top of the foil and empty the contents onto a plate.
The packet will be very hot and steam will come out of the opening so BE CAREFUL!

Enjoy your tasty meal :)
Hugs to you and have a great weekend!

25 comments:

Delvalina Tuanger said...

Oh sister the grilled stick always be my favorite :)
I tried to cook once and everyone liked it. It always tasty but american version sounds really delicious even it made from your hand. Well, I should try again with your version maybe.

Have a wonderful weekend sister.

Love,
Eva

Elizabethd said...

What a good idea, saves all the mess of burning things on kebabs.

Vicky Hunt said...

Oh my Stephanie....I'm pinning this for sure! Looks absolutely scrumptious! I will have to get the ingredients when I got grocery shopping tomorrow...:) Thanks for sharing!

Blessings, Vicky
Life On Willie Mae Lane

Julie Marie said...

Mmmmmm... those look sooo good!... I can't wait to make some... I will need to make three as well... one for me, one for Jack and a little one for Tessy!!!... only hers won't have the seasonings or sauce on it... also, my beautiful teacup arrived today!!!... can't wait to share it with everyone on your post next week!... xoxo Julie Marie

NanaDiana said...

My gosh, Stephanie. That looks mouth-wateringly delicious! Now I AM hungry- xo Diana

Sherri B. said...

This looks so good and easy too which is always a bonus! We used to do a version of this many moons ago at the camp grounds when the kids were small, loved the cleanup.

Have a sweet weekend, my friend. I'm off to decide on a yummy recipe for the blackberries. xo

Blackberry Lane said...

Looks delicious and I like the easy clean up!

Mrs. Smith said...

Tasty looking, for sure! I gotta talk my hubby into cranking up the grill, soon! I am so glad that you posted this!

Carol Z said...

This looks great. Definitely cookout time.

pembrokeshire lass said...

oh, they look so tasty and easy to make....which is a big plus for me!! We don't grill outside much but I'm inclined to make them for this evening's meal. Thanks for sharing . Joan

A Daughter of the King said...

Oh that looks good! Pinned to Pinterest! Thank you!

Shoregirl said...

We love the grill in the summer too (well actually all year round - even nicer winter days!). Your steak packets looks so delicious -- makes my mouth water looking at them!

Veronica said...

Hi Stephanie!
Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog! This recipe looks absolutely scrumptious! I will have to try it! Love your blog btw.

Teri said...

Dear Stephanie...the Grilled Steak meal looks absolutely delicious! Thank you for sharing. Sweet pleasures for your weekend!

Debbie Harris said...

YUM! I have not made these for some time, will have to make them again. They are quite good!

Have a wonderful rest of the week-end.

Love you, Mom

Jazzmin said...

This looks so delicious!! What wonderful ingredients, I can imagine how amazing all the flavors must be together.

We actually just barbequed today... or my Dad did. We always do chicken or burgers, but I'm sure we would all welcome something new on the grill :)

Have a blessed day!
Love and hugs to you!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That looks so good! We grill a lot but I haven't done a foil wrapped dinner in a long time! Enjoy your weekend my friend!

janice15 said...

These look fantastic.. would love to make them for dinner.. soon .. Happy Weekend with love Janice

Kat White said...

HI Stephanie, I make those all the time they are so fast and easy! yours looks really yum, yum! Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs

Ceil said...

Hi Dear! This reminds me of my husband...he made something like this when we were camping. Such a great idea! Of course, we used hamburger...steak is a much better idea :)

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
Ceil

kitty said...

What a great summertime meal, Stephanie! I love cooking on the grill and keeping the heat out of the kitchen.
Happy weekend! xo

Denise said...

Thanks for sharing, sounds very yummy.

Danni Baird @ Silo Hill Farm said...

Looks delicious Stephanie...even at 6 in the morning with my cup of coffee!

Nantucket Daffodil...living the good life at Prince Snow Farm said...

These look easy and delicious! I will have to try them!

Robyn said...

This is exactly the kind of meal I love to prepare, Stephanie. Simple, quick and delicious! Great job and those photos make me want to dig in.

Hope your week is fabulous so far and thank you for your kind comments - very much appreciated!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...