Thursday, August 15, 2013

Into The Whirlwind - Book Review

Mollie Knox is the owner of the 57th Illinois Watch Company
which she inherited from her father.
She has a big heart for her employee's and wants the best for them.
The future looks bright for the watch company until the Great Chicago Fire
destroys her store and her beloved city.
In the aftermath of the fire, Mollie is left with several difficulties
including two men that are trying to win her heart.
She likes life to be predictable and routine.
Richard seems perfect for her - handsome, rich, kind, predictable.
Mollie lets herself be courted by this wonderful man,
but Zack has other ideas...

As an influential attorney in Chicago, 
Zack Kazmarek is quite the force to be reckoned with.
He has worked his way up in the business world and is used to getting what he wants, 
but then he meets Mollie Knox, the woman that intrigues him but keeps him at arms length.
Zack looses his heart to Mollie, but Richard is in the picture
and Mollie seems infatuated with him.
Who will win sweet Mollie's heart?


My Thoughts

Into The Whirlwind is just that, a whirlwind!
When I started the book I was swept up into the story, 
but then I came to the middle of the book and I struggled with interest to read it
because it seemed drawn out in some areas and maybe a little repetitive.
Towards the end the book picked its pace back up and I was eagerly turning the pages to finish.

It was interesting to read about the Great Chicago Fire
and I think Elizabeth Camden did an excellent job portraying the fire before and after.
There were many hardships the people of Chicago endured
and Elizabeth brings many of them to light in the book.
I admired Mollie's strength and passion for taking care of her 57th employee's
and I enjoyed the "fight" between the two men trying to win Mollie's heart.
I was guessing until the end as to who would win.

Into The Whirlwind
by
Elizabeth Camden

** I was given a free copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers for an honest review.
All thoughts are my own. **

12 comments:

Delvalina said...

It sounds interesting story :)abort who will win the heart.

Anyway sister, your taste of books collection is good. I'm so much inspired from you. I have passion for more to books because also of you.

Love,
Eva



Vicki @ lifeinmyemptynest said...

This sounds good - I would like the Chicago history too - thanks :-)

Kelly_Deal said...

Since I'm from the Chicago area, this book sounds especially interesting. I'll have to check it out!

Sarah said...

Sounds like an exciting book! I always enjoy historical fiction. I will have to keep this book in mind.

pembrokeshire lass said...

It sounds a really interesting read. I have a pile and a half of all the books I need/want to read. I think I'll have to put it on my 'future' list Joan

Julie Corbisiero said...

Hi Stephanie, this book sounds interesting especially about the Chicago fire. I like love stories too. Have a great day.
Julie

Anne Payne said...

Hey Stephanie, Elizabeth is one of my favorite authors! Have you read any of her other books? If not, start with The Lady of Bolton Hill. Of course, we all have our fave's :) Greta review, BTW. I requested this one and it's in my TBR stack.

Have a great week.
hugs ~ Anne

Denise said...

Sounds like great reading.

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

So would you recommend it or not? I think it would be very interesting to learn about the Chicago fire!

Vee said...

An honest review is very refreshing! =D

Jazzmin said...

I enjoyed your review! This sounds like a wonderful story, one with a charming and delightful, hearty character! I love that it incorporates some history too. Glad you enjoyed your read :)

I always enjoy your reviews. I look forward to reading the books I have found through your reviews that I put on my to-read list!

Hope you have a lovely Friday!
Hugs to you,
Jazzmin

Debbie Harris said...

You do such great reviews! If I read more of those types of books I would take it from you!
This sounds like another great book, especially about the Chicago fire. Who will win her heart???

Blessings!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...