Sunday, August 11, 2013

Master Painter

Into His heavenly palette He dips an unseen brush
And as the earth lays sleeping in the misty morning hush


He gently stirs in dulcet tones the purple of the sky

A hint of lavender and bronze to tease the wakening eye
And as the deeper tones recede with loving passion stirred
He strokes the soft horizon-line in colors of His Word



And hope takes on the burnished hue of orange and ruddy glow
Reflected in the morning dew like ruby-tinted snow
The drooping heart and heavy eyes are lifted from despair
As the Painter of the skies smiles upon him there


And bolder now the Painter, impassioned in His quest
To draw the sangfroid doubter from his cold and blinded jest
Splashes 'cross the heavens fluorescent pink and gold 
Rendering sinners speechless and earth's greatest painters cold



As love in all its glory shines 'Behold, for it is I'
And none can doubt His grand design, the Painter of the sky
Whilst I in my amazement simply whisper, 'why Lord why
Am I the blessed recipient of the master-piece from high?'
~ Janet Martin ~


Have a blessed Lord's Day!

19 comments:

Sylvia said...

Beautiful and so peaceful,Stephanie. I would love to be sitting on that shore line admiring God's beauty. Hope you have a blessed day also.

Vicky Hunt said...

What a perfect way to start my Sunday! Gorgeous photos and just perfect with the poem. Hope you have a blessed Lord's day as well my sweet friend....Vicky
Life On Willie Mae Lane

Delvalina said...

So beautiful and so meriful the Lord is :)

I love all pictures that you took here sister.

Happy the Lord's day.

Hugs,
Eva

Denise said...

You too My Dear! You have a blessed one.Thank you for the beautiful poem and pretty photos to start Our day.Denise

Blackberry Lane said...

Gorgeous pictures to illustrate the words. May God richly bless you and yours today.

Debbie Harris said...

Such a peaceful post this Sunday, the Lords day!
We certainly are the "blessed recipient of the Masters piece from high."
That last picture of the sky was just beautiful, you could see the Master in it.

Thank you for another wonderful inspirationaly post to prepare my heart to worship the Lord.

Much Love!

Anne Payne said...

You know I adore poetry and this one, along with your gorgeous photos, lifts my spirit!

Ashley~ said...

Beautiful poem~

Katiebee said...

beautiful pictures! hope you're having a wonderful weekend~

xo

katie

Jazzmin said...

SO absolutely beautiful! Your amazing photos made the words come so alive. I felt as though I was sitting there taking in that sunset and the Lord's love as I read.

Love and hugs to you!!
Hoping you have a blessed Sunday♥

Denise said...

Beyond beautiful.

Nina said...

Your Photos and the poem are absolutely beautiful, Stephanie! God is a masterpainter - sometimes it is such a Humble feeling to be able to stand in the middle of the awesome nature / sky ... In awe, and thankful! Your perpective in the Pictures really underlines the magnificient skies, I almost hear the soft waves rolling in ... Wishing to stand and walk alongside the coastline!
Blessings to your week!
Nina

Merlesworld said...

Lovely pictures.
Merle.....

Teri said...

Dear Stephanie...a beautiful post! I hope that you have enjoyed a lovely weekend! Sweetest blessings.

Veronica said...

Beautiful!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my you caught a gorgeous sunrise.... when you see something that beautiful it is hard not to stop and marvel at all he has blessed us with, Have a wonderful week!

Mindy Whipple said...

Beautiful words and beautiful pictures of God's hand at work.

Karen said...

I love to watch the changing sky at sunrise and sunset. Awesome

Kat White said...

Beautiful Stephanie, the photos are awesome! did you take them in Canada? I adore the lighthouse, right...you knew that I would say that if I saw it. He he. Have a great weekend I am saying it early since I will be gone a bit. Hugs

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...