Sunday, August 18, 2013

This Is My Father's World

This is my Father's world, and to my listening ears
All nature sings, and round me rings the music of the spheres.
This is my Father's world! I rest me in the thought
Of rocks and trees, of skies and seas - His hand the wonders wrought.


This is my Father's world - the birds their carols raise;
The morning light, the lily white, declare their Maker's praise.
This is my Father's world! He shines in all that's fair;
In the rustling grass I hear Him pass - He speaks to me everywhere.


This is my Father's world - O let me ne'er forget
That tho the wrong seems oft so strong God is the Ruler yet.
This is my Father's world! The battle is not done;
Jesus who died shall be satisfied, and earth and heav'n be one.
~ Maltbie D. Babcock ~


Have a blessed Lord's Day!

18 comments:

Sylvia said...

So beautiful Stephanie, and heart touching poem!

Debbie Harris said...

Very beautiful! Your photos are something else my girl!
This is our Father's world in deed, and we must never forget who holds it all in the palm of His hand.

Have a blessed day!

Blackberry Lane said...

Good Sunday Morning Stephanie. This is one of my favorite hymns and of course, I love all things "butterfly." God bless your day.
Mildred

TexWisGirl said...

gorgeous butterfly. happy sunday to you!

Shoregirl said...

Beautiful pictures to illustrate a beautiful song! Thanks for the reminder -- This if MY Father's World!

SizzleandZoom said...

One of my favorite hymns. I love singing it. Beautiful capture of a butterfly. I have been trying to get a photo for awhile.

Vicky Hunt said...

I always love visiting and love the peaceful feeling I take with me when I go...:) You are a blessing to so many Stephaine! Have a wonderful week my friend.....Vicky
Life On Willie Mae Lane

Sarah said...

One of my favorite hymns! The author of this hymn was inspired to write the hymn while hiking through upstate New York, a couple hours from where I live. : )

Marilyn said...

The minute I started reading, the music was in my head! One of my favorites to play for church. Hope your day was wonderful and your week will be just as blessed!♥♫

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

I love to sing that song! This is My Father's World!
Warmly,
deb

Merlesworld said...

Beautiful pictures of the butterfly.
Merle........

SarahGeorge said...

Amen! The words were a real encouragement Stephanie. Thanks for sharing this today.

Karen said...

Thank you Stephanie, This is lovely!

Denise said...

Thanks, this blessed my heart.

Conniecrafter said...

looking at all God's Beauty you can't help but see his love for us in all he gave us to enjoy and marvel over!

Karen Frost said...

It is a beautiful world and your photos and the lovely hymn remind us so sweetly. Hugs, Dear Friend xo

Delvalina said...

Oh sister, wonderful post and also you are so lucky that you caught the buterfly :)


I had great time with the Lord this Sunday.
Love,
Eva

Maria said...

So beautiful...Amen! Thank you very much for sharing, hugs!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...