Thursday, September 26, 2013

A Home For My Heart - Book Review

Sadie Sillsby works as an assistant to the matron
at Raystown Home for Orphan and Friendless Children.
So when the matron decides to leave and get married 
the offer for Sadie to become matron is presented.
Sadie loves the children as if they were her own
so she is over the moon with happiness and eagerly accepts the position,
but there is one slight problem - the matron cannot marry.
Sadie has dreamed she would marry the love of her life, Blaine, someday.
Blaine has not yet asked for Sadie's hand in marriage because he dreams of owning his own land
and wants to be able to provide for his future wife.
So when Sadie takes on the role of matron and signs the contract
she thinks she has plenty of time to fulfill her calling before Blaine proposes, 
but on the night she shares her exciting news, Blaine has some thrilling news himself.


My Thoughts
A Home for My Heart is a very sweet and wholesome story
about a young lady desiring to do the Lord's will.
I was so pleased with the pureness in the book and because of it, it won me over.
It was a joy to read about Sadie and Blaine as they tried to figure out their futures 
and their love for one another.

Sadie was also an orphan
and had difficulty pushing past the "sin" of her mother and felt she had to prove herself
to the community that she is nothing like her real mother.
Sadie finally comes to this realization,
"I couldn't remember her. Perhaps that was the Lord's mercy, I didn't know.
I only wished I hadn't spent years taking her burdens on my shoulders, 
where they were never meant to reside.
My security rested in Jesus, not in obliterating my past."

There is love, lessons to learn, and some mystery in this delightful book.
Join Sadie for a heart-warming journey as she tries to figure out God's will and calling for her life.

** I was given a free copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers for an honest review.
All thoughts are my own. No other compensation was received. **

About the Author
Anne Mateer has a passion for history and historical fiction,
and she can often be found researching her next novel
during family vacations in different parts of the country.
She is the author of two previous historical novels,
Wings of a Dream and At Every Turn.
Anne and her husband, Jeff, live near Dallas, Texas, and are the parents of three young adults.
Learn more at Anne's website and blog: http://www.annemateer.com

21 comments:

Denise said...

Wow, wonderful review. Sounds like a great read.

Elizabethd said...

That's the sort of book I like, pure and with no unnecessary bad language.

Debbie Harris said...

Sounds like another good book to read. I like the fact that you said it was pure and clean. Good review by the way!I am now reading "The Prayer Box" that you reviewed a while back, ohh, is it ever good!!

Have a wonderful day!

Maria said...

These books are so much fun. You always leave with the story in your heart :) m.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love reading sweet books like this. I'll write down the book and author on my reading list! Very good review! Sweet hugs!

NanaDiana said...

That sounds like a wonderful, wholesome, good book, Stephanie. xo Diana

Blackberry Lane said...

Thanks for the review. I'll add this to my wish list. Blessings to you and your family this weekend.

donna said...

Sounds like a really good book. I have been readying the Elm Creek Series and I am so behind in books. But I just love them.
Hugs
donna

Karen Frost said...

I like your book review, Stephanie - this sounds like a lovely book to read! I will add it to my book list. Thank you for sharing. xoxo

Anne Payne said...

Excellent thoughts on the book! I look forward to reading one of Anne's books :)

SarahGeorge said...

I think this is a must read. I really liked and enjoyed your review. Thanks for sharing, Stephanie :)
Hugs to you sweet friend :)
Sarah

Denise said...

A great book for women whose Mom abandoned them,My two oldest daughters 42 and 39, are two of them.I'm really their step-mom.I wonder if I should buy them a copy or maybe that would add salt to the wound or maybe not My place.Oh Gee-I'm not sure,I would never want to hurt them. Their prolific both readers.Thank You-Denise

Conniecrafter said...

that sounds really interesting, I like the books were they are struggling on doing the right thing and how they go about it!

Maggie Ann said...

That does sound good. That you rated it 'pure' is so lovely to hear. I'll have to look for this author.

Nina said...

Dear Stephanie, I'm so sorry for your loss - of the Sweet Rosie! Your video of her is beautiful and touching ... and the music as well ... Keeping you & your family in my prayers ... Rosie has been a faithful friend in your family for 15 years, having her not around must give the feeling of having a bit of a empty house,
Nina

forgetmenots blue said...

I enjoyed reading your review looks like a good read :) x

Karen said...

Thanks for introducing me to this author. This sounds like a book I would love to read, especially when the weather keeps me inside in the evenings!

Liz Hockamier said...

Thanks for the great review! I have added this to our book club reading list! :)

~Liz

Maria said...

What a great book review! Sounds like a very interesting read! Thank you for the book review! Have a lovely weekend, hugs!

SizzleandZoom said...

Wonderful review. It sounds like a book I'd like to read.

Mrs R said...

Stephanie, that book sounds just right for me! Although it sounds a bit tragic... I am hoping that her beau builds a HUGE house and Sadie can marry AND keep the orphans!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...