Tuesday, October 15, 2013

The Miner's Lady - Book Review

When Chantel Panetta arrives home after being in Italy for a year
she finds her younger sister, Isabella, in love with Orlando Calarco, the "enemy."
The Panetta's and Calarco's have been feuding for decades,
but will love between Isabella and Orlando heal the wounds
or only make them bigger?
When Chantel agree's to help her sister and Orlando meet in secret
she finds herself in the path of Dante, Orlando's older brother.
She cannot deny the attraction that flairs between them,
but will the hatred and hurt feelings between the family keep them apart?

Dante has a sense of duty towards his father 
and has a hard time grasping at the idea of forgiveness towards the Panetta family,
but when his grandmother becomes very ill and the Panetta family cares for her
he begins to see that maybe the feud between the two families is pointless after all these years.
But Dante's father refuses to see any good 
and becomes enraged with his sons involvement with the Panetta family.
Can any good come from Oralndo and Dante's love for the Panetta girls
or will only anger, hurt feelings, and dangerous threats be the end result?


My Thoughts
The Miner's Lady is an enjoyable read 
with a beautiful Christian testimony and message of Jesus Christ.
The fact that Tracie Peterson always applies the Word of God to her books 
is one of the reasons I love her writing.
I appreciate Tracie keeping her writing pure, clean, and honoring to the Lord.

The feud between the Panetta's and Calarco's kept me on my toes 
wondering if  forgiveness will ever come to the hearts of those involved.
The message of forgiveness played a very important and convicting role in the book
and I was reminded of how important forgiveness is in our lives.
After all, Christ forgave us when He chose to hang on the cross for our sins.

The attraction that sparked between Chantel and Dante was good, but it wasn't great.
I thought the love could have grown more between the two of them;
I was slightly convinced, but not completely convinced about their relationship.
Towards the end of the book is when things picked up between the families
and I found myself drawn in until the very last page.

** I was given a free copy of this book from Bethany House Publishers for an honest review.
All thoughts are my own. No other compensation was received. **

About the Author
Tracie Peterson's love for history and research fuel the bestselling stories she writes.
She is the author of more than ninety novels
and the recipient of the 2011 ACFW Lifetime Achievement Award.
Tracie and her family live in Montana.

7 comments:

NanaDiana said...

Stephanie-That sounds like a pretty good book. I like your honesty about how part of it was just so-so-but that the end drew you in anyway. Thanks for the review- xo Diana

Gina said...

Stephanie, I've read some other books by Tracie Peterson before. She is not my favorite author but her books do make for a light read. Thank you for your review!

Blackberry Lane said...

Always happy to learn of a Christian author. Hope you have a nice evening, Stephanie.

susan@avintagefarmwife said...

Thanks for the review. I read a couple of books by this author that were set in a clothing mill and they were good, too. I think she has written several, hasn't she?

Simply Linda said...

I don't believe I have read her books. I might have to look into it though, smiles. Blessings

Debbie Harris said...

Good review. Sounds like a good book, especailly because the author keeps it focused on Christ, I like that.
Forgiveness is a big one for some people. Amazing how they can go years in anger and hate. Such a waste of life.

Blessings!

Natalie said...

I've always enjoyed Tracie Peterson's books, glad you enjoyed this one! Thanks for sharing the review.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...