Sunday, October 13, 2013

Your Forgot My Soul

You lived next door to me for years,
We shared our dreams, our joys and tears,
A friend to me you were indeed,
A friend who helped me when in need.

My faith in you was strong and sure.
We had such trust as should endure.
No words between us ever rose.
Our friends were alike - and so, our foes.

What sadness, then, my friend, to find,

That, after all, you weren't so kind.
The day my life on earth did end,
I found you weren't a faithful friend.

For all those years we spent on earth,

You never talked of second birth.
You never spoke of my lost soul,
And of Christ who'd make me whole.

I'm lost today eternally,

And tell you now my earnest plea.
You cannot do a thing for me -
No words today my bonds will free.

But do not err, my friend, again.

Do all you can for souls of men.
Plead with them now quite earnestly -
Lest they be cast in hell with me.
~ Unknown ~


These words are a powerful reminder to me to always be speaking of Jesus
and His great gift of salvation to my friends and family.
May we be a light for the Lord to all those around us
and may we be bold in sharing the love of Jesus Christ.

"For God so loved the world,
that he gave his only begotten Son,
that whosoever believeth in him should not perish,
but have everlasting life.
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world;
but that the world through him might be saved."
~ John 3:16-17 ~

Have a blessed Lord's Day, precious friends!

9 comments:

Anne Payne said...

As always, Stephanie, your love of Jesus and humanity shines forth! Blessed Sabbath, my friend.

Libby said...

Wow, so true. The believer's purpose is to help draw others to Christ, which means we have to be a witness. Thanks for sharing something so important.

Carol Z said...

Wishes for a bright and blessed Sunday!

Vicky Hunt said...

So true and definitely words to ponder over. Have a blessed and beautiful week my friend...:)

Hugs, Vicky
Life On Willie Mae Lane

Debbie Harris said...

Wow Stephanie! Such a reminder of the importance of sharing Christ, and what He has done in our own lives with those all around us.
The Bible is black and white, and we too need to be black and white. It is what it is. We will all spend eternity either in glory with God or in hell separated from God, the choice is ours, but we must tell.
To the glory of God!

Blessings!

Karen said...

Wow. This puts sharing the gospel in first place!

Lady Linda said...

A good post for this beautiful lovely fall day dear Stephanie. I know God will bless you for sharing this post. Hope you have a great week.
Love ya,
Linda

Barbara Neubeck said...

...what a lovely poem... and a great reminder to share our faith...
Hugs and Blessings
Barb xxx

Conniecrafter said...

Oh so sad, I know I need to step up more and share my faith and love for God, great reminder

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...