Sunday, November 10, 2013

God Our Peace

"Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing,
that ye may abound in hope through the power of the Holy Ghost."
~ Romans 15:13 ~

Jesus is the author and giver of inner peace
and this peace cannot be experienced apart from a relationship with Him.


"And, having made peace through the blood of his cross,
by him to reconcile all things unto himself;
by him, I say, whether they be things in earth, or things in heaven."
~ Colossians 1:20 ~

We must first put our faith in the precious blood of God's Son, Jesus Christ,
and then we will begin to experience the inner joy and peace 
that only the Lord brings to a believers life.
Peace is the absence of fear and turmoil in our hearts.
As a believer, having peace in our hearts should be a normal state of mind
and it can be as long as we remember God's precious promises and rely upon them.
We cannot make our own peace and joy, but we can find it in our Lord and Savior.


As a believer in Jesus Christ, we are promised abundant peace.
He alone makes it possible for us to know the quiet sense of calm assurance.

"Let the world rage and let the storms come - God does not change
and is not perturbed one bit.
He still calms the raging storm and still turns disasters into opportunities.
He can still make beauty out of ashes,
heal wounded hearts, and transform broken hearts and lives.
He chases away every fear and fills the heart with joy
amid the darkest storms of life.
One must simply believe and seek Him."
~ Debi Pryde - Glimpses of God ~


Have a blessed Lord's Day!

20 comments:

Roberta said...

Hello Stephanie,
you have written some beautiful words, but it is not always so easy to keep the faith!
I wish you a pleasant Sunday!
Roberta

Debbie Harris said...

What a beautiful inspiring post today, thank you! I loved what Debi Pryde said, and she should know, she has had a lot going on in her own life.

Joy does not come from people. places, things or circumstances, only form our Precious Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Praise His Holy name!

Loved your photo's as always! :)
The Lord bless you! Mom

A Daughter of the King said...

Thank you Stephanie. As always your Sunday post and photos have uplifted my eyes and heart to our loving, faithful and merciful God.

camp and cottage living said...

This is a wonderful reminder of where our true peace is found, Stephanie.

Susie said...

Stephanie, I like this post:):) Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Abiola said...

Dear Stephanie,

Thank you for this wonderful and uplifting message. He is really our peace amidst the chaos all around.

Do have a superblessed week.

Melinda Ruth said...

I'm so grateful that the Lord is our peace. That verse in Romans 15 is one of my favorites. I hope your week is filled with the abundant peace and joy of the Lord, dear Stephanie! :-)

Simply Linda said...

I have been having alot of family issues lately, and it is so hard to keep the Faith. Really it is. (just keeping it real)--thank you Stephanie, it does help to read the Word, to see the Word and hear the Word. Have a blessed week ahead. Blessings

Sarah said...

Dear Stephanie,

Your special Sunday posts are always such a blessing and encouragement! I am so grateful that Jesus is my peace. I don't know how people can manage through a day or single moment not having Jesus as their peace and comfort.

May the LORD bless and keep you this week ahead!

-Sarah

NanaDiana said...

What a beautifully written post, Stephanie. I often wonder how people that do not have God in their lives get through the tough times. xo Diana

Delvalina Tuanger said...

Jesus is the author and giver of inner peace
and this peace cannot be experienced apart from a relationship with Him.

Amen! sister

I am so happy to be His beloved forever :)

I missed you today sister.
Been praying for you
Love,
Eva

SarahGeorge said...

Amen! Yes we all need this Peace which only Our Lord can provide. Beautiful reminder today.

Anne Payne said...

Yes, He gives a peace that passes understanding! Such beautiful photos and encouraging words to go along with His Word. Your posts always make me smile~ {{hugs}}

Pamelyn said...

Romans 15:13 is one of my favorite verses. To think that the abundant joy and peace we experience now is only a tiny fraction of what it will be like in heaven!
Also, I love how you put this: "We cannot make our own peace and joy, but we can find it in our Lord and Savior." So true!
~Pamelyn

Conniecrafter said...

You are so blessed with the ability to take wonderful pictures and in the sharing of our Lord. There are too many times that I forget to go to him first when trouble arises, and that makes me sad but like you said when you give it up to the Lord and let him handle our lives, peace follows, praise be to God!

Gail Dixon said...

Your Sunday posts are always refreshing; I look forward to them, though I missed yesterday because I was out enjoying nature all day. Peace is my word for the year and I had forgotten all about it until I read your post. Thank you. :)

Red Rose Alley said...

Stephanie,
Oh Yes, Jesus is always with me, and brings me peace when I need it so. Look at this beautiful flower. I have always thought that flowers are the magic in our lives.

Have a blessed week.

~Sheri

Jazzmin said...

Dear friend, the sweet words you share never cease to bring joy to my heart and lift my spirits so! I am so thankful for the joy and peace we have only through our Savior... it is such a precious gift! He truly provides the most lasting, wonderful peace we can ever know. No matter how pained our hearts are, that sweet peace always prevails.

Hoping you are having a wonderful start to the week, Stephanie!

Love and blessings to you,
Jazzmin

David C Brown said...

"And this man shall be Peace", Micah 5: 5.

Karen said...

You are a blessing! I love visiting your blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...